- by U64, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5It certainly does what it's supposed to do, and does it well. I enjoy using it.
Must agree with Mr_Blue_ in that the settings menu needs work. Hence one star less.
The other missing star is because this is compatible with Firefox Mobile, but the implementation really needs work there. It blocks the popups, all right, but the problem is that you have no easy access (or access *at all*) to the settings; there are no options of any kind in about:addons and, when the popup is blocked, you get no warning (the box with trust/deny/redirect/etc.), which hurts its usefulness. Sure, part of it can be blamed on Firefox Mobile being what it is, but still...
I'll gladly change the ranting once the concerns are addressed.
- by Dunamis, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I reviewed This not so long back saying how could of a popup blocker this actually was. After using it for a few weeks or so, ive noticed that this addon surely needs a decent options menu. Looking for sites in your whitelist is horrible. It takes ages if you have alot, which you will after continuous use. Please make a decent options menu, to be able to edit sites ect. Then it will be a superb popup blocker like i first stated.
Please add a decent Options menu guys.
- by Raik, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Maybe requires more attention and clicks, but no longer having to close unwanted popups and browser kidnapping ones is really worth it.
That and because the built in blocker is BAD at its job.
- by ricky.poynti, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Pretty much the best new popup blocker!
"Popup Blocker (strict)" is definitely the most restrictive popup blocker, but that's the point! Recommended in combination with "uBlock Origin" ad blocker, and "Fix URL Redirect" link redirect remover. Cheers! :>
- by TheProcessor, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5The best and most effective pop-up blocker I've tried and it really does live up to its title as a 'strict' blocker - so strict that it even blocks legitimate links from opening occasionally. The only other pop-up blocker that can compete with this one is IE's (when set to block all pop-ups).
- by Firefox user 12714914, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Finally! More and more sites are requiring java script being enabled, which sucks because it was a good way to stop all the wonky stuff sites do today.
Best part about this blocker is that it blocks with no interruption of what I'm doing. I can still select text, right click, drag, all while this blocker does it work. Genius, thank you.
- by Orangutan, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5This works far better than the native popup blocking solution in Firefox, or the `dom.popup_allowed_events` trick, or even uBlock's popup blocker - all these methods first spawn a new tab / window, before immediately closing it, making for a very unpleasant experience.
This add-on doesn't even let such popups create a new tab / window - it just lets you know that it silently blocked them.
- by Rafael Miranda, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I found what I wanted: to have control in all the popups. The mini window is a unique feature never seen in another! Its design is beautiful, continue with it, please! It is the best extension to block, and above all, take control! The mini window show the link, perfect!