- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15742113, 2 years agoThe "Open this site in your assigned container?" page is so annoying. I would prefer to be able to choose a default container inside and choose specifically which website I want to open on a specific container.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15197972, 2 years agoIt breaks sites when placed in a container and I am unable to remove them from a placed container. Consequently leaving the site inside a container without being able to revert it back to a normal tab. Even trying to open it as a normal tab does not work since it only reopens it in the same placed container tab.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Cowboy Bob Sorensen, 2 years agoGood idea, annoying execution. Developers need to spend more time actually using it. When a URL is assigned to a container and that shortcut is selected, the assigned container opens up like it is supposed to. There is a blank tab on the browser. Lots of clicking around to use it.
Also, my low rating is because I had been accessing my bank and things through a banking tab, but that suddenly stopped working. The browser is fine, I shut off this extension and was able to connect just like I can on Brave.
- Rated 2 out of 5by sgdl-pers, 2 years agoReview was great for quickly sqitching between accounts for websites, no signing out then in again to spend a few seconds to see if something had changed. Unfortunately Firefox crashed. Not an issue with any other extension, but with this EVERY account was nuked and the settings were reset to default. No way to import/export, no backups, I have to manually re-create everything.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Ivan, 2 years agoNo ability to turn off color indicators on tabs. I know addon is working, I don't need to see a rainbow when I have a lot of tabs open. It clutters the inteface, makes it look ugly and makes it less obvious which tab is open. Also no temporary containers functionality so you have to use it with cookie auto delete for the full experience or just use temp containers addon which is much better option.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Salsa, 2 years agoAfter the latest Firefox update, CONTAINERS color settings is very poorly visible, it is impossible to understand what container is the open tab, correctly please!
Add various options for the location of the color label to select the user.
После последнего обновления firefox очень плохо видно цветовые настройки контейнеров, невозможно понять в каком контейнере открыта та или иная вкладка, исправьте пожалуйста!
Добавьте различные варианты расположения цветовой метки, на выбор пользователя.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12882649, 2 years agoThe functionalities are great. Unfortunately since Firefox 89 was released, this addon started causing huge CPU spikes on my system, making UI interactions very sluggish. Unusable right now.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Hommage, 2 years agoSehr hilfreiches Add-On aber eine Kleinigkeit die ich fast schon als bug bezeichnen würde nervt mich. Wenn ich auf einer Seite bin die einem Container zugewiesen ist und dann im gleichen Tab auf eine neue Seite navigiere die keinem Container zugewiesen ist, dann wird die neue Seite im selben Container geöffnet was ja das ganze Konzept zunichte macht. Die Seite im Container soll ja grade nicht wissen wo ich noch so unterwegs bin im Internet. Ich nutze die Extension erstmal weiter und hoffe dass das bald behoben wird.
- Rated 2 out of 5by vipguy64, 3 years agoAddendum 2: So, I got a new computer and I used this extensions sync feature. Regrettably, in the process of doing so my site lists for my containers were nuked. This has caused more headache for me than the privacy benefits are worth.
I'm finally uninstalling this extension.
Addendum: I didn't realize briefly turning this extension off would wipe out all my containers and settings for this extension. I turned it off for a bit since my Dad might need to use my browser for a bit and I didn't want him to be hassled by my extensions. So, I wish there had been a warning about this or a way to backup my containers and settings I've created over the past few months.
Original Review: Something I never knew I needed. Lots of user-friendly options such as being able to set a website to only ever be opened in one container. This means I don't have to first open a tab in that specific container then go to that website. Also, it's handy in preventing every social media in existence from tracking me since I've put each of them in their own container. Thank you Mozilla!
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15122656, 3 years agoThe concept of this extension is a good one, except this extension does not play well with other extension and cause FF to freeze and even lock up your PC
- Rated 2 out of 5by USER-EXPERIENCEONLY, 3 years agoI would not count on this to do what it claims. Facebook is VERY aggressive in deleting accounts of people who try to modify user experience on FB. You risk losing your account with this add-on.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Anonymous User, 3 years agoMonths later, this remains an incredible tool that is hamstrung by severe bugs.
For example: you can't sync containers between Windows and Linux. You can sync containers created in Firefox running on Linux with other Linux installations, and you can sync containers created in Firefox running on Windows with other Windows installations. But sync across OSes, and you'll wind up with two independent sets of containers synced to the same account.
Another example: the extension frequently spams dozens if not hundreds of additional containers. If my list looks like "Facebook / Google / Shopping", then one day I'll have "Facebook / Facebook / Google / Facebook / Google / Facebook / Facebook / Facebook / Facebook / Facebook / Shopping / Facebook / Google / Google / Google / etc". Because there's no way to clear out your sync data, the only way to fix this is to completely delete and re-create your Firefox sync account or trigger a password reset.
Another example: When you win a badge ("hooray! You just opened 100 tabs!"), it stops using containers. Eventually you'll click on the extension to find out why the heck it stopped working. That's when you find out that alerting you to whatever stupid "award" you've won is more important than actually doing the one job it has.
This has the potential to be a game changer, but it's just a half-baked pile of garbage.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Hogsfather, 3 years agoNot user-friendly despite not looking very nice. I tried selecting "alway open this site in..." "private" for addons.mozilla.org. I don't know what I am doing wrong but when I go to addons.mozilla.org it doesn't switch container. If I can't rely on this than it is useless ;(. But I love the idea (right now I am using multiple browsers)!
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13080084, 3 years agoIt was excellent until the latest update. This is so stupid and create extra clicks and avoid shortcut and avoid automation potential. This is a stupid update.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Argot, 3 years agoWhy did the new version interpose an added click to do what was done before? It's possible to keep the existing path to open a new tab in a container while adding an option to do more without any more clicks than in previous versions.