- by smohanv, a year agoRated 3 out of 5This add-on is very good to use with Tor Browser. I love this. Also, in some websites home page doesn't take take the dark effect but the sub pages takes the dark effect. I changed the setting from Dynamic to Static or Filter or Filter+ and it works fine.
YouTube video doesn't show instead it shows up black screen hence I have to whitelist YouTube from using this add-on. YouTube audio works.
- by rouge217, a year agoRated 3 out of 5This worked really well for some websites and didn't work on others. There were some issues on some websites where it worked too - for instance if you open a video on youtube it was able to convert it to dark mode, but it wasn't able to change the font color of the channel to a different color which made it practically invisible as black on black.
- by Jayjay, a year agoRated 3 out of 5This addon is a lifesaver, but recently the dynamic theme completely broken and this addon is unusable unless I use filter or filter plus theme.
and the import settings feature is doing nothing.
- by Dark with Green Highlights, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Though the benefits are obvious, the one clear drawback observed is that the webpages got darken also LOAD LONGER; and even when it seems it's done, the load button still show X sign, which indicates it's still loading.
Particularly occurs in search websites and websites which already have dark theme in them.
Hence, what's supposed to be an energy-saving extension turns out doing the opposite to my PC.
This behavior appears both in both my Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- by Firefox user 14733828, a year agoRated 3 out of 5It works really well, however it slows down your browsing speed. I had uninstalled it a couple of weeks back but my pages still had the dark mode, which was extremely undesirable.
- by kgg, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Generates dark themes for websites really well. Only issue is, it causes the browser to slow down horribly, especially on complicated sites, unfortunately meaning I can't use it.
- by Ruso89, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Guys, the app is changing mi firefox theme. I want a different dark theme for firefox and it's changing it back to de default dark one. I can't find a way to avoid this.
- by Pete, a year agoRated 3 out of 5I love the dark mode, but opening a desktop text file shows a white background where I type, but with white letters!!! Plus, some websites flash a white screen when opened that lasts for several seconds. Pretty frustrating.
- by Firefox user 16082032, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5I get a bright white blank screen before the page is loaded. I wish it was black! Kind of defeats the purpose of a dark reader. (Firefox Preview for Android)
- by Firefox user 15145534, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5should be able to manage through extensions manager or opening the extension page from it. I'd like to remove the icon from the bar, but it is THE way to manage the extension, so whenever i need to change any settings, i've got to add it back to the bar manage and remove it which is really annoying. Still, working good, hence the stars
- by Firefox user 14615493, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Ce module fonctionne bien en général et est utile Malheureusement sur certains sites, il ne fonctionne pas du tout, par exemple www.lequipe.fr ou www.20minutes.fr et ce sont des sites très populaires en Frane et dans l’espace francophone, c'est donc gênant.
- by Mountain Man, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Looks great, but it causes frequent slowdown and hesitation on web pages. I know this extension is the problem because when I disable it, the issues go away. I prefer the "Dark Background and Light Text" extension.