- Rated 3 out of 5by Dark with Green Highlights, 2 years agoThough the benefits are obvious, the one clear drawback observed is that the webpages got darken also LOAD LONGER; and even when it seems it's done, the load button still show X sign, which indicates it's still loading.
Particularly occurs in search websites and websites which already have dark theme in them.
Hence, what's supposed to be an energy-saving extension turns out doing the opposite to my PC.
This behavior appears both in both my Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14733828, 2 years agoIt works really well, however it slows down your browsing speed. I had uninstalled it a couple of weeks back but my pages still had the dark mode, which was extremely undesirable.
- Rated 3 out of 5by kgg, 2 years agoGenerates dark themes for websites really well. Only issue is, it causes the browser to slow down horribly, especially on complicated sites, unfortunately meaning I can't use it.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Ruso89, 2 years agoGuys, the app is changing mi firefox theme. I want a different dark theme for firefox and it's changing it back to de default dark one. I can't find a way to avoid this.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Pete, 2 years agoI love the dark mode, but opening a desktop text file shows a white background where I type, but with white letters!!! Plus, some websites flash a white screen when opened that lasts for several seconds. Pretty frustrating.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16082032, 2 years agoI get a bright white blank screen before the page is loaded. I wish it was black! Kind of defeats the purpose of a dark reader. (Firefox Preview for Android)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 15145534, 2 years agoshould be able to manage through extensions manager or opening the extension page from it. I'd like to remove the icon from the bar, but it is THE way to manage the extension, so whenever i need to change any settings, i've got to add it back to the bar manage and remove it which is really annoying. Still, working good, hence the stars
- Rated 3 out of 5by Mountain Man, 3 years agoLooks great, but it causes frequent slowdown and hesitation on web pages. I know this extension is the problem because when I disable it, the issues go away. I prefer the "Dark Background and Light Text" extension.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Welshcake, 3 years agoWorks really well on desktop but destroys performance on Android Firefox (tested Fennec F-Droid and Play Store main version). Enabling on Android increases load times for many pages by around 30 seconds.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Roman, 3 years agoWhy it's so slow? Significantly slowing down using Firefox at all! Much slower than other dark mode addons, why? Please fix it otherwise it is not useful even when the quality of websites looks great.