- Rated 4 out of 5by VenDev, a year agoThis theme is really good-looking except for the too bright bookmarks bar / active tab background leading to poor contrast. The text is so much easier to read with the default Firefox dark theme. Because of that I had to switch back despite Dark Fox aesthetics.
Could you make these backgrounds darker?
- Rated 1 out of 5by RKL, 2 years agoThe add-on suddenly went into dark mode with FF96. I reverted to FF95 to test the issue and found that the theme worked properly until FF96 was re-installed. This seems to be an issue with FF96 and the way it interacts with Dark Fox. Note that Dark Fox has not been updated for quite a while (May 2019) so it is the update to FF that broke the theme. Perhaps the developer can look into the issue and resolve it so that Dark Fox works as it did prior to FF96. Until then there are some workarounds on the web that partially correct the problem. See, e.g. https://gist.github.com/gmolveau/a802ded1320a7591a289fb7abd0d6c45 (note: change the rgb colors to 255,255,255 and the background color to #fffff in the css files). This in combination with the suggestion below ( in about:config--"layout.css.prefers-color-scheme.content-override" from 3 to 2 ) helps further
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14496683, 2 years agoAlexander's solution for fixing the theme works only partially, it changes background of sites to light mode, but contex menus and tabs are still dark. Please fix.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Kingston, 2 years agoIt used to be 5 stars, now it's only 1 star. Turned my computer on today and without warning it's now running in dark mode. Now only one star because you can't change the background and you can't even see the tabs in black. If this is not changed, none of his themes have a chance to get onto my computer. Totally stupid the dark mode!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Alexander L, 2 years agoPlease add an option to disable the dark browser mode. Up to FF 95.0 theme was the best.
UPD: if in about:config change "layout.css.prefers-color-scheme.content-override" from 3 to 2 then sites be as in FF 94