- by crossborn, a year agoRated 4 out of 5I love the way my stashed tabs are presented. I'd give Tab Stash 5 stars if I could find an option to stash on demand instead of having every random combination of tabs I open stashed.Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by "stash on demand", but you can choose which of your open tabs to stash by Shift+Clicking or Ctrl+Clicking to select tabs in your Firefox tab bar (or Cmd+Click instead of Ctrl on the Mac), and then clicking the "Stash tabs" button in the toolbar. Or if you only want to stash the current tab, click the "Stash this tab" button in your address bar (instead of the toolbar).
Hope this answers your question, and if not, feel free to open an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/josh-berry/tab-stash/issues/new/choose . Thanks for your review!
- by Alexey104, a year agoRated 5 out of 5This is definetly the best addon for saving tabs among all the others that i've tried. The interface is pretty simple, but very elaborate and convenient to use at the same time. This is exactly what i was looking for, nice work, thank you for it!
The only feature i'd like to have is the ability to change hotkeys for stashing tabs because the default 'Ctrl+Alt+T' combination conflicts with one of my others addons.
- by Allen, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I tried a lot of addons for saving tabs, but this one is the best. I use workona on Chrome, but I would prefere to have Tab Stash even there.Thanks for your review, I'm glad to hear you've found Tab Stash useful!
Unfortunately, to be honest a Chrome version is pretty unlikely in the near future, for a couple reasons: Chrome is missing some APIs for things like hiding tabs and showing a sidebar, so some Tab Stash features would be missing. Also, I pretty much only use Firefox, so I'm not sure I'd be able to provide the same level of quality in a Chrome version. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news there. :/
- by iudex, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Hi, just wanted to say, what a great extension!
Thought; this could be a "collections" implementation, mail to Mozilla? ("collections" as in 'firefox preview android app').Thanks, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it! I'm afraid I'm not an Android user, and from what I can tell, the collections feature is still in preview. So I don't know much about it right now, but it's something I'll keep an eye on for the future.
- by Firefox user 15701380, a year agoRated 5 out of 5fantastic. (edit -- working, great: One thing missing,: ability to give name to stash groups. Otherwise ) Good work. Nice. Fine.Hi, you can name stash groups, just click on the title ("Saved on ...") and it will give you the ability to change it to whatever you want. Glad you are enjoying Tab Stash and thanks for the review!
- by Firefox user 12032414, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Although it has been working perfectly since the very first day i installed it, today i found out (dont know if it could be due to the add-on update) i lost ALL of my stashes, and that hurts a lot, got lots of information lost, any chance of knowing the reason? i wouldnt like to start again and then lose it
-You were absolutely right, your workaround solved the problem! That is why i'm giving you back the 5 stars, thanks for your support!Hi, sorry to hear that! An upgrade absolutely should not remove your stash, but to figure out the cause, I'll need some more info from you about what happened/what exactly you saw. Can you please open a bug report here: https://github.com/josh-berry/tab-stash/issues/new/choose
In the meantime, there is one known issue which sounds similar--if it's the same issue, your stashes aren't actually lost, they're just not shown in the UI. This can happen if you have another folder or bookmark with the exact name "Tab Stash" anywhere in your bookmarks tree. Here is the issue, I've added some steps to investigate and a workaround in the comments: https://github.com/josh-berry/tab-stash/issues/41
- by GeorgeA, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Quite possibly the best Addon for Firefox Quantum I've ever used!
Everything about it is intuitive, and I have deleted some previous "save tabs" type of Addons that this easily replaces.
I honestly could not imagine not having it now I have discovered it, and it genuinely enhances the whole Firefox browsing experience. Big thanks to the developer, Josh.
I also love the way the "unstashed tabs" part works, whereby each tab you open starts to appear in that section. You then just use those tabs, or if you run out of time, you stash them and they appear underneath. Close the browser, and they are there next time.
I have combined this Addon with "Copy Tab URLs" and also "Paste and Go", and between these three Addons, you have an amazing way to save and utilise all your tabs. I absolutely love it!! :)))
UPDATE: (9 months later)
Hey Josh, still probably my most favourite Addon for Firefox ever!
But there is something.....I found now that there are quite a few tabs I've deleted, and its great to see them able to be brought back, from your deleted list. But what seems to be missing, is the possibility to delete ALL in one go, rather than have to go to each tab and finally/fully get rid of it. I realised that you could set a tiny amount of time for "keeping" deleted tabs, so I guess you could say this way they would not build up too much, but it would still be great to see that list of deletions, and just click a "delete all" button. Otherwise, still loving your extension and all the recent improvements. Thanks!Hi George, thank you so much for the kind words! I'm happy to hear Tab Stash has made your Firefox experience better, and I'm glad you've found it easy to use so far. Thanks also for sharing the references to the other two extensions you mentioned, I'll have to check them out for myself! -- Josh
- by George C, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent!
The fact that it automatically creates a bookmark folder with all the stashes makes this a must-have for me! This way, with Firefox sync, you can have your stashes anywhere.
I hope that it continues to be developed. For example, to stash tabs to a particular Stash, and to be able to remove duplicate tabs in a Stash (or not add duplicates at all).Hi George, thank you for the kind words! I'm glad you find Tab Stash useful, and I definitely have plans to continue developing it and to add more features. Regarding duplicate tabs, this is something we used to have but unfortunately had to disable due to a rare but serious bug. I hope to bring it back in a future release.
I've opened a GitHub issue for removing duplicate tabs so I won't lose track of it; if you have any more thoughts on what you'd like to see or want to discuss further, feel free to add a comment: https://github.com/josh-berry/tab-stash/issues/46
- by Hector, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great extension, have been looking for one for really long time!!
I would suggest a few additional feature:
1) add options to context menu like "stash all opened tabs except selected tab", "stash all tabs on the right (of the selected tab)", "stash all tabs on the left"
2) ability to customize the color style of the side bar and the separte tab list on a tab (dark modes are always great)
3) it would be a great compliment if this extension support "multiple tab handler"
, though I'm not sure if that's possible.
Thank you so much!Thanks for the kind review. I'm glad you found Tab Stash useful!
Regarding stashing multiple tabs, one quick way to do this is to use Shift+Click to select a range of tabs in your Firefox tab bar. Then click the "Stash" button in the Firefox toolbar. It's not quite a context menu, but hopefully this saves you a few clicks if you were doing it one-by-one before.
Dark mode is a pretty common request—I haven't had a chance to investigate this in the most recent Firefox release, but at least up through Firefox 69 it wasn't possible to detect the browser theme, so I haven't been able to implement it so far. Once Firefox provides this ability to add-ons, it's definitely something I want to revisit.
- by triplex, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great addon, thank you.
Would you mind to accept a few suggestions:
1) button: Stash the tab (hold CMD to close tab) < give option to close/hide after stashing
2) atm Tab Stash doesn't show tabs in the Unstashed Tabs list if they're open in Reader View
3) Unstashed Tabs list and all the groups to indicate tabs count, like "22 Unstashed Tabs"
4) Stash tab to existing groupThanks for the kind words and the suggestions!
For (1), I'm not quite sure what you mean—you have the option to close or keep any tab that you stash based on wither your are holding the Alt/Option key. Would you mind opening a feature request on GitHub so we can discuss further? [see below for link]
(2) should be fixed as of Tab Stash 2.4, just released. Apologies for the inconvenience!
(3) Thanks for the suggestion, I've made a note of it to consider for a future release!
(4) You can do this today—if you open the stash list (right click on the Tab Stash toolbar icon and choose one of the "Show Stashed Tabs ..." options), each group will have a set of blue buttons for stashing all tabs/the current tab into that group. Just click the blue button for the group that you want and your tabs will be saved there.
Here is the link to open a feature request: https://github.com/josh-berry/tab-stash/issues/new?template=feature_request.md
- by Amy, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Almost ideal. But plz,
- make all groups collapsed when opening a Stash. They are all opened even when I collapsed them the last time.
- make a possibility to move/copy tabs from one group to another at once.Thanks for the feedback! Remembering whether a group is collapsed or visible is one of the most-requested features, and I'm happy to report that Tab Stash 2.4 (just released) will now remember this.
Regarding moving/copying multiple tabs, this is also something I would like to do and will definitely keep it in mind for a future release.
- by scrosseh, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5[Review] The sidebar provides an interface to manage groups that's quick, good looking and more accessible than panorama style addons. I enjoy that there is a button to unstash+delete group as well as individual buttons for each action, 'cause many times devs end up choosing between featureful and quick ui, when there is no need. Overall is a great addon for managing tab groups and my favorite until now!
[Features Request] It would be more simple if when selecting tabs with CTRL I could then make a group out of this selection. Also we need an option to choose which context menus have the stash menu, it's great that there are so many options, but the addon is everywhere xd.
[Minure Issue] Icon in adress bar and in sidebar aren't adapting to dark themes.Thanks for the thoughtful review! I agree with you that UIs can be both featureful and quick/easy to use, and that's what I set out to build with Tab Stash. I'm glad you're enjoying it!
Regarding your feature request, Tab Stash now supports Firefox multi-tab selection as of version 2.3. You can Shift-click and Ctrl+click tabs in the Firefox tab bar, click on any "stash" button (in the toolbar or stash list) and Tab Stash will save only those tabs you have selected.
I'm aware of the issue with dark themes, and unfortunately as far as I can tell, there is no reliable way for extensions to detect a dark theme, nor does Firefox give extensions the ability to specify dark/light icons for address bar and sidebar icons like we can for toolbar icons. But I'll keep an eye on this to see if it changes in future Firefox releases.