- by Firefox user 14974623, a month agoRated 4 out of 5This is by far the easiest tab management add-on I ever use.
I used to use Panorama add-on previously, but once I start hitting the 500 mark of tabs, its performance can't hold up.
The only thing I really want from this add-on is nested group abillity, if that's ever possible.
- by Cycloneblaze, 4 months agoRated 4 out of 5Would be better if the groups were visible in the tab bar rather than being hidden away in a button. But at the same time, much nicer than Sidebery for not taking up half my screen with a sidebar just to use it.
- by Firefox user 14349082, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5Nice extensions, allows to manage tabs much more easily. What I'm missing is ability to group tab groups together too - folders and descriptions for tab groups.
- by hkim155, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5I really like this extension a lot and being able to separate my work/personal/school stuff into different groups, and being able to pin frequently used sites as tabs is awesome. But I do have one big gripe, which is that whenever I have to close or restart my browser for any reason, and I go to reload my last session from my Firefox history, all my tabs end up in the "Other" tab group and I have to drag them all back into their proper groups.
I'm not sure if there's some setting I have wrong or that I didn't enable or what, but it's a major annoyance and hassle, especially being someone who often has 50 or more tabs open at once most times, as I don't think I can select and drag multiple tabs at once in the group manger and have to do them individually. I'm glad all my tabs are saved and all, but I feel I should be able to reload them WITHIN their actual tab groups.
- by Firefox user 16140674, 6 months agoRated 4 out of 5Very good add on. If only we could have seamless integration and synchronisation with Sync one day that would be great.
My only big concern with the module is that when the backup to a tab bookmark folder kicks-in, it messes up my tab groups folder (tab groups appear twice).
Also for some strange reason when I manually rename the folder and move it elsewhere so I keep an archive of my older sessions for safety they always get messed up (most tab go missing) with time.
Though GREAT add-on for Tab addicts, when you adopt it you will never want to go back!
- by Rafael Pi, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5I have STG on all my computers (work, home, laptop). It IS a game changer an I just love it. BUT. All is honeymooney until I try to experiment with the options in the STG Settings and I guess I mess something up or there's some side effect where suddenly the popup stops opening with the *list of groups* and starts showing the tab list from the currently *open group*. I have no idea what configuration causes this bug/functionality, but I dread this because then I have to click on '< Go back to groups' every single time that I open the popup. That is a real pain because I use STG constantly. Does anybody know what causes this or how to remedy it? PLEASE, I NEED HELP (I guess I'll go try my luck on the Issues page on the repository)
- by Arjun, 8 months agoRated 4 out of 5Amazing add-on for productivity and tab management. Only downside for me is that it doesn't work in private mode. If it could work in private mode it would be a full 5 stars.
- by Firefox user 13173569, a year agoRated 4 out of 5When I delete the group I exported to bookmarks, the bookmarks are also deleted. Is this a specification? Is it possible to keep saved bookmarks?
- by Alex, a year agoRated 4 out of 5This is a great extension and I use it constantly, both for tab grouping and tab backups (which come useful with Firefox rarely being 100% stable for me). I have some comments about backup mechanism though:
- (quite major) I sometimes end up with a bunch of tabs not assigned to any group - and these don't get backed up! I have known about this for a while, but still it occasionally trips me up. It would be much better if the backup included "ungrouped" tabs as well, maybe in a new dummy group. This behaviour can be made optional if for whatever reason it's expected that someone might want to opt out.
- (minor) Backups don't save tab distribution between windows, so after crash I have to manually recreate windows and shuffle the tabs between them, but that's more of an inconvenience, as long as all tabs are restored.
And again, thank you very much!