- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15071793, 3 years agoAlthough this is just my day long impression of it, this works as many people migrating from the removal of Firefox RSS would expect:
-Successfully loads the preview pages upon clicking on either the icon as it appears, or the RSS icons on the sites. You can also set the options to skip the preview and just save the RSS bookmark.
-Successfully displays/previews RSS from certain sites that would otherwise have an HTML error page, and save the RSS feed. The preview page itself is different.
-Successfully creates the RSS in bookmarks for you to access like before. You can also set in options what folder in bookmarks these folders appear in, and it's main by default. (Make sure you set this before you import)!
-Successfully imports OPML files (file that contain data on your old RSS bookmarks) and have those creted in the bookmarks.
-Many people would be glad to know the RSS icon appears in the address bar like older times, and the icon is hidden and doesn't take up space in the bar unless there is an RSS feed on the page (although I personally prefered the latter iteration where it was a customisable movable icon out of the address bar that faded out when there wasn't an RSS feed).
-Customisable features in terms of rates of saving bookmarks, how it displays they've been read and a few others.
There could be a distinction for folders having a unique icon to show they're RSS feeds, but this is pretty minor compared to how substantial this fix is.
-Apparently there are issues with usage and functionality on certain mobile devices for people. The ability to send an error log could be useful.
-The icon is strictly in black, which makes it hard to see in Mozzilla Dark theme,
Amazing job with this app, and thank you so much for making this.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14226987, 3 years agoFirefox for android only.
I will change this review if this addon starts to work on mobile. One star for visibility and for not working on mobile.
1. The black rss icon shows up to the address bar but nothing happens when pressed.
2. Addon is not listed in the hamburger menu.
3. Addon's option's page's buttons do nothing on mobile when pressed.
4. Not usable in current state.
If not possible to make this addon work on mobile then add a disclaimer to addon's description or something.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14719962, 4 years agoThe most Firefox like replacement for RSS feeds that I have found. Only two dings, and both are rather minor:
(1) Converting using an export was a pain, as the previous bookmark folder structure was lost on the import and it took an hour-plus to move around my 80+ feeds and get them back to where they were originally..
(2) I wish there was a way to disable the icon and only have the article title displayed -- it is a waste of screen real estate (this is my biggest gripe!).
Otherwise, as I said, the best replacement for letting it continue to appear as if FF is managing your feeds.
Also, it works well with latest release of Cliqz.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14321009, 4 years agoThis has to be the most broken add-on I've ever tried. Most of the buttons do "nothing", e.g. trying to import an OPML file, add a live bookmark etc all just do ... nothing.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14714252, 4 years ago[EN]After Mozilla removed the RSS support from firefox, I was lost. This extension "Livemarks" works even better and you can even import your old RSS back
[IT]Dopo che Mozilla ha rimosso il support RSS non sapevo come fare. Con quest'estensione sono riuscito a ricaricare tutti i segnalibri live che avevano smesso di funzionare. E' anche meglio di prima!