- Rated 5 out of 5by Sandman, 3 months agoDoes what it says on the tin. Makes reading FAR more enjoyable on sites with ubiquitous advertising and distractions. The Open Source nature of the extensions development is very much appreciated.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17062772, 10 months agoAmazing extension. Will be great if the complete access to all websites permission can be removed and replaced with per site permission. This way we can enjoy articles from the websites we visit most and not worry about permissions.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Tomi Antenna, a year agoUnclutter automatically removes the bullshit from webpages that tries to wrestle your attention away from the information you came there for.
It removes annoying and distracting page elements like sidebars, social media buttons, navigation menus et c, and serves you only the sleekly formatted content, much improving the reading experience and making it easier to stay focused on what's important.
Unclutter also comes with tools for note-taking and highlighting, with optional hypothes.is and hackernews integration, enabling you to click through other user's notes, but most notably it can work like a bookmark or article aggregator.
It saves your uncluttered pages into a personal library as you go. The pages are then internally cross referenced, tagged, and categorized in various ways. These get visually represented in a nice interactive node map, showing connections or potential links between articles, topics et c in the library. It can also import and process your current bookmarks.
The addon is open source and actively being developed by an attentive dev who is very forthcoming in listening to user input and suggestions, and who is quick to improve upon existing and implementing new features.
- Rated 5 out of 5by john, a year agoHonestly, has to be one of the coolest add ons I have. At least in how refreshing it feels to suddenly unclutter everything in a full second. Not sure what else to say, insanely satisfying.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16658743, a year agoThis is a great addon for decluttering pages. My only gripe is the way it adds notes when you highlight things automatically, as I like to highlight to keep my place as I read and it gets really annoying. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off. Cheers
Developer responseposted a year agoHey, you can turn off the annotations by clicking on the "pen" icon in the top right of the article view. This setting should then apply to all articles. Please let me know if this doesn't work.
Glad to hear the extension is working well otherwise!