Rated 1 out of 5by m4r5, a year ago
This just straight up only works when it wants to. More often than not, the audio just cuts out completely and the video is muted. I'll just have to put up with a slight delay of audio I suppose....
- Rated 4 out of 5by miso, 2 months agoOverall this is working great for me. I've been able to get video in sync with my laggy bluetooth earbuds and it makes watching Youtube a lot more enjoyable. Occasionally the audio will drift out of sync a little bit, but it seems to correct itself fairly quickly. Even when it happens, it's not as badly out of sync as it was before using the extension, so overall still a big improvement.
Very rarely there will be some videos which, for some reason unknown to me, will play without any sound if the extension is enabled, even if I reload the page or seek to a different part of the video. I haven't figured out why. It doesn't happen often enough to be a big deal to me, maybe only 1 in 100 videos.
If it weren't for the two issues mentioned, I'd give it 5 stars. It's certainly made Youtube a lot more enjoyable to me, allowing me to use my favorite earbuds instead of having to listen through speaker or wired headphones.
Thank you, Adrian Ilie!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Safereader, 7 months agoWith older versions of Brave, Firefox and Google Chrome was working fine. Now it interrupt the audio time to time. I'm not sure if the cause of this is the version of browsers or Youtube itself.
Anyway it seems the author stopped the development of that addon because I don't see new version since 2020.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14111147, 8 months agoI had high hopes for this extension as a way to deal with Bluetooth audio lag to my earbuds, but after enabling the extension I can't get any audio at all in YouTube videos.
- Rated 2 out of 5by beatalls, 2 years agoWorks as intended with one big caveat. When you skip through a video using the arrow keys the audio does not follow! Pausing and resuming the video re-syncs the audio but is of course very tedious. Would rate 5 stars if this bug is fixed.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Wireless Biscuits, 2 years agoWorks perfectly, my bluetooth headphones had a very annoying slight lag. I tried updating drivers and everything, which didn't work—but this extention fixed it.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Deagan, 2 years agoWorks great with TuneBlade to sync YouTube videos. Support for other websites and/or all Firefox Audio would be awesome!
Have some issues with it keeping up with the add-on "SponsorBlock", but it can be used perfectly without it.
- Rated 2 out of 5by WaterMakesMeThirsty, 3 years agoThe actual function works, but only under tight parameters, and not perfectly well.
The video seems to lose frames occasionally, not appearing totally smooth. But the big issues are that you can't navigate with arrow keys anymore, as the video skips back, but the audio keeps going.
Sometimes it needs to be refreshed to get the correct millisecond-correction going again.
It takes a few seconds to get the audio going hitting play from a pause. The worst is not being able to jump back or forwards, though hitting the space bar twice (pause then play) fixes it.
I just went to another tab for a while and when I got back, the video and audio were out of sync. Before I left, they were fine.
I would definitely prefer to be able to skip by 5ms and 10ms and 20ms instead of just 1ms adjustments, too.
I really want this thing to work, because I have a lot of use for this extension! I also have Enhancer for YouTube going, as well as uBlock Origin and an Audio Equalizer extension too, so maybe those are affecting things, but that would be lame if they were.