- Rated 5 out of 5by Dynx, 3 years agoBotón muy útil para recuperar la ultima o ultimas pestañas cerradas, deberia tenerlo por defecto cualquier Firefox.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Götz, 3 years agoWorks pretty well, show the tab title and icon.
Wish there were an option to show the history on the left click instead of the right click.
The list it shows it to short. It's not API limitation, other extensions allow higher number of entries, such as: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/undo-close-tab-button/Has been requested so many times that I think I'll need a big fat information message directly on the Add-on page. The Mozilla API doesn't allow this and for me the top priority is to have both. Especially as I, myself, rarely use the menu. But if you search a bit on AMO you'll find Add-ons which have only the menu and have it on left click.
- Rated 5 out of 5by mrBOI, 3 years agoworks really well but i wish there was an option to open the menu on left click instead of right click
- Rated 1 out of 5by TwoCables, 3 years agoI've been away from Firefox for about 4 months. I came back to it a couple of days ago, updated to 78.0.2, and discovered that my closed tabs history gets deleted between Firefox sessions. This isn't the way it was working before. The only thing I changed is, I updated Firefox.
So I disabled this extension and discovered that it was the culprit. I switched to Undo Close Tab Button by Button Guy, and not only does my closed tab history remain between sessions like it used to, but the button can be a menu instead of just a simple one-click button. I prefer the menu. For some reason, I couldn't right-click the Undo Close Tab button anymore either. I don't know what happened to this extension, but it used to be the best and now it's the worst.
Edit: I doubt I'm the first one to notice. It's much more likely that I'm just the first one to say something about it.Actually you are the first one actually noticing this. The closed tab history is only kept for up to the *last* session but if you tend to close Firefox pretty often this, of course, may be a problem.
The reason for this is that I can't just rely on the Firefox built in sessions API and its closed tab history. If I do so, then, after some restarts, you will run into a bug that causes random tabs or even windows to restore as the internal IDs get reused which causes duplicated IDs. See here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1538119
To work around this problem, I move the Firefox internal closed tab history into a list in my Add-on to clear it. From this point I use a combination of my internal list (for tabs from the last session) and the Firefox built-in list (for tabs closed since browser start). This way I can be sure that no duplicated IDs will exist at any time and always the expected tabs or windows get restored. The only downside is that my internal list does not survive a browser restart. I could save it into storage but this could be a potential privacy problem for people who don't use session restore (and before you ask: Mozilla does not tell Add-ons about the session restore enabled status).
So currently with the existing bugs there are only two options:
a) Accept the small downside of only having last closed tabs for up to the last browser session
b) Randomly restore stuff you don't expect.
As most people don't even remember that they had interesting tabs open for more than one session into the past and random restores can be really annoying, I decided to go with a)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Kokii, 3 years agoDoes exactly what it says it does, kind of wish it had a key bind, but it works perfectly fineThe key bind is included in Firefox by default. Just try "Ctrl + Shift + T".
If all you really need is a key bind, then you don't need any Add-on at all.
- Rated 3 out of 5by circcc, 3 years agoFF 78.0 have new feature that native "Undo Close Tabs" menu lets you undo multiple tab closed by Close Tabs to the Right, Close Other Tabs, close tabs of selected tabs"
But, this Undo Close Tab addon don't support it yet. It can only undo 1 last closed tab.
So, I hope this addon support undo multiple tabs.The only information, Mozilla gives me, is the timestamp where the tab was closed. I could add a feature which restores tabs that were closed "close to the recently closed tab". But I found that Firefox seems to be very flexible about how long it takes to close a tab. It can take 100ms but it can also take over 1 second.
I can make this an optional feature, disabled by default. Then the user can try different values for the time period by himself if he wants. But nonetheless: This shouldn't even be here. PLEASE: Always suggest features using GitHub!
Moved to: https://github.com/M-Reimer/undoclosetab/issues/74
- Rated 5 out of 5by nymphokiller, 3 years agoMy websurfing without this extension has been utterly demoralizing. Thanks for the rescue!