- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 18055865, 10 days agoGreat extension. Does what it says on the box, and makes it possible for me to correspond with overseas coworkers with instant ease.
I only have two small complaints.
1) When using the "translate this page" feature on a site with editable text, like Confluence, it overwrites the original. That means if you forget to turn it off and hit save (or use something that autosaves) it's possible to destructively overwrite the original, a mistake I made once and never again. I'm not sure what the fix for this would be, without a major architectural overhaul, but it's worth bringing up, if only to save others the same stab of panic.
2) I wish there was an option to translate text immediately upon highlighting, rather than having to click the little button. It's an extra step I don't need, and doing it 300 times a day, it adds up.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Havoc, 11 days agoA minimal extension with a minimum of features, but it does its job well. Disadvantage - recently it stopped translating most single words, I'm switching to another extension.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Akram, 7 months ago4 stars because it doesn't show which source language it translates from. It is important to many of us to know the source language. I hope the developer fixes this as it will make it the best translation extension.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Yuli, 8 months agoThanks! Could you please add an option to TTS background playback of selected text with a key shortcut? That would be great! I need to use another extension just for that.
- Rated 4 out of 5by candas, 8 months agoThe plugin is very useful, but it's too bad that it's not available here, even though deepL offers Turkish translation support. I hope it will be added in the new version.
- Rated 4 out of 5by LiveWireGoth, 9 months agoIt works well when it's the highlighted section but it'd be nice when given the option to translate the page it doesn't just send me to google translate but it seems like all the other translator addons do the same thing.
I can only speak for the highlight feature & nothing else
- Rated 4 out of 5by doogle11, 9 months agoWorks quite well overall. I love the popup translation bubble, it's my favorite feature. However, the popup translation doesn't work in private/incognito windows? Is there a way to fix this?