- von TT, vor 13 StundenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenHave used for a very long time and works really well. However now they have a very large watermark in the lefthand corner which basically makes the video unusable.
I think most free users would accept a level of advertising / watermark, as it is fair to advertise and as for money however with how large it is there is no point to this addon now unless you pay. Such a shame.
- von ActionAction, vor 14 StundenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenIts a memory hog. Why does this feel the need to take up 3-4 gigs of ram when using it? I have to go and kill the process every so often when its being used and kill it again once I'm done
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16915170, vor 4 TagenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenThe reason why I voted so low is shady practice and low performance. You need to install an app in addition for this to work. The addon pretends to work until you actually want to download something. Then you are forced to download an app. They should be upfront with this and install the app right away. After downloading the video it took ages to process is on modern processor (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700KF CPU) and only after that you'll get a middle finger in the form on a huge watermark in the video saying Sorry, but you need to pay. If the watermark was reasonably small, maybe, but it's really huge. It's obvious they want it to be as annoying as possible and basically force the user to buy whatever they offer. I would never buy it from people like this. What will be the next surprise? Limited downloads that I can recharge for 9.99 per month? Not eligibile until I buy VIP sub? This whole thing has a desperate scam feel to it. Feels almost like extortion. If you want to sell it guys, be upfront about it and sell it as commercial product from moment one. Or create clearly labelled Lite version where you get what you offer on page one and a full, paid one.
- von geoffphuket, vor 12 TagenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenSnail like performance, with the sound often going out of sync with the video, but it does work on some sites. Just a pity that Facebook isn't one of them!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13397220, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenBonjour ! je ne parviens pas à me servir de cette extension, lorsque j'ai l'impression d’enregistrer, je ne retrouve nul part ce que j'ai enregistré. Je ne trouve pas d'aide en Français à propos de ce module.
- von leetNigthshade, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenThis extension largely requires you to install a third party companion app to do most of anything. Very fishy. I downloaded an alternative extension which can download things without needing a companion app. This extension is useless without installing it's suggested companion application.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15737324, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenSix years ago, we used to be able download any 720p video (and even some 1,080p) virtually unrestricted, using this app and ONLY this app. Alone! Unsupported by any other app. Today, we are now required to download ANOTHER app (?!), a so-called "companion" app, even to download a video the size of a smartwatch (160x120)!
This app is THISCLOSE to being on the outs for me. What good is this so-called "most complete tool" if you have to download ANOTHER tool for it to work the way you EXPECT it to? To say nothing about the QR codes being slapped on videos that are downloaded with the secondary app, amid other things never mentioned in the app's overview.
- von harl windwolf, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenWhy does the "downloadhelper coapp" start automatically (even re-starts when it's killed) and then ominously transmit tiny amounts of data every few seconds (to a Dutch IP, port 8088).
There's nothing to be downloaded, processed or otherwise and I didn't even touch the button or visit a relevant webpage to begin with.
5 stars for the add-on itself for being able to download videos from pages that don't provide a native way to download their videos (or streams).
It works well altogether, but the co-app's behaviour seems very suspicious at times.
- von siyangqiu, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenNow a "license" is required or a big QR code is slapped on the video. This is a recent change. I normally don't mind paying for stuff, but at $30, that's really steep.
- von Hexandcube, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenIt's a great addon, but has huge performance issues. It's CPU intensive (20-30% load) when watching YouTube. After uninstalling CPU load dropped by 20%.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16612093, vor 5 MonatenBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenSince 2 or 3 weekes it is not working properly on Raiplay website. I can only download the video but not the audio. Result: I have a mute video! It is impossible to contact the support team of Video DownloadHelper. / It was a great tool to dounload videos but now is full of bugs. / Depuis quelques semaines sur certains site (ex. Raiplay) télécharge seulement la vidéo mais pas l'audio. On se retrouve avec une vidéo muet. Dommage, il fonctionnait très bien avant. Il est presque impossible de contacter le soutien.