- von Tim Reeves, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI compared this with the much better known "HTTPS Everywhere" and find that this algorithm is much better - rather than depending on outdated and incomplete static knowledge, just try if it works, quietly revert if not. Optimal strategy. Just one little wish open: Not yet translated to German.
- von Tristan, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI've been looking to replace my extensions with WebExtension rewrites so I don't have issues once we get to Firefox 57.
Not only does this add-on support WebExtensions (which has better performance), but it's also better than HTTPS Everywhere in my opinion. Rather than using HTTPS on known sites, it actively tries to use it no matter what, and keeps track of which websites don't support it.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13054421, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternencurrently i was using HTTPS Everywhere but the Add on stopped working with Firefox version 53. Smart Https works well, i have had no issues since installing. Its a good Add on that does what it says, i recommend it.
- von Felix, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenHey,
is this addon compatible with HTTPS Everywhere?
What would happen, if HTTPS Everywhere normally would bypass to a special https-Site, for example http://www.google.com -to https://encrypted.google.com, but there is no simple https-Variant of that site (like http://aaa.xx to https://aaa.xx)?
Would smart https reject bypassing to the special https-Site?
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12952399, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat addon. But I would like to ask the addon creator in future versions to add support for the "Enable incognito mode" option, not only for private browsing mode but also for the usual. Please do it.
- von Mike M., vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenBeautiful set-it-and-forget-it add-on. I've used HTTPS Everywhere as well as HTTPS by Default, which were both very nice and did what they were supposed to do, but Smart HTTPS has become my favorite.
- von Saverdun, vor 5 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenLike a rollin' stone.
1- 'Smart HTTPS (revived)' is definitely faster than its non-WebExtension ancestor. It runs flawlessly here, first site analysis (when a site appears to not support https) appears to perform even faster than before and I've never encountered the 3 seconds default maximum delay before switching to http when applicable : it's very quickly understood by the add-on.
2- Time is on the side of 'Smart HTTPS' (revived or not but time will remain on its revived side) because more and more sites are shifting to https, this is notorious.
Hence, I've abandoned a well-known HTTPS approach, that of a listing, in favor of this approach (do it securely, return to non-secure if applicable and write it down to avoid further https quest) which seems more and more pertinent with... time.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12845550, vor 5 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenNice, a WebExtensions version. However, it doesn't seem to function on Firefox for Android although AMO will let you install it. Also the button's menu content is cut off if you place it in the panel menu.