- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13289131, vor 3 JahrenGreat idea. Unfortunately, the beta refuses to safe preferences (specifically the setting to stop replacing all email fields on websites). This makes it difficult-to-impossible to log in to some sites.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 16230687, vor 3 JahrenLove the idea here, but have a problem with encoded emails.
I receive emails in Hebrew, but the relayed emails appear Jibrish. I assume the relay does not work will for encoded languages.We just deployed a new release which should fix this issue. If it does, can you let us know here? (And maybe update your review so other users will also know it's working?)
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon The_Blinded, vor 3 JahrenEstensione quasi inutile... Problemi più gravi:
- Manca la possibilità di visualizzare le email bloccate
- Manca la possibilità di poter scrivere delle note vicino agli indirizzi (es. il sito dove è stato usato etc.)
- Non si può cambiare l'indirizzo email a cui vengono inviate le email
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Pit, vor 3 JahrenI wanted to try to register to 9gag.com using relay and the address is blocked.
I really didn't want to write a review yet as I couldn't play with it enough, but this is the only way to contact you.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Tyler Regas, vor 3 JahrenNice. I like the idea. I get the idea of having just a few while they're testing it, but I don't understand why the data on the site (i.e., your aliases) don't show up in the add-on. All we get it this crummy features slider and no way to turn it off or even make the tool usable, aside from trying to jam that huge logo into a small text field. I look forward to simple improvements.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Tom, vor 3 JahrenI can't enter text in the email field on this page when the extension is installed. Apparently reviews are the only way to send feedback like this? https://public.viavid.com/player/index.php?id=140568
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon jaxx, vor 3 Jahrenrelay icon next to email field is in the tab navigation order between login and password field on some sites. Sadly this breaks my password manager. Please consider to rework this behavior.
Thx for the reply, I'm using Keepass 2.x But it should be the same with every password manager which uses Keyboard emulation.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Ryan, vor 3 JahrenI _want_ to like this, but there are some issues. In order for this service to be more useful than anonaddy, it needs to have the ability to create unlimited aliases with labels so that you can identify which are which.
Use Case: Using a different alias for each website so that you know which site leaked your email to other sites.
Being able to create an alias straight from the extension would be great as well. This would allow me to create an email alias with the firefox relay extension and the password with the lastpass extension. This pair would be a match made in heaven.
The ability to reply to emails that originated from Firefox Relay would also be a nice feature.
I'll be keeping an eye on this for future improvements. It definitely has potential.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon p6, vor 3 JahrenNov 1st, 2020;
Without the ability to reply using the Firefox relay alias, the very purpose to use Relay is moot!
I contacted a car dealership using one of my aliases. However, I had to reply using my own personal email, which got captured by the dealership, and I am now permanently entered in his distribution list.
So, what is the point?
I would like to have the option to create my own prefix email, using the @relay.firefox.com. Without the limitation of 5 aliases.
In this manner, I can control which email is being spammed, example:
I create an account with a new entity; I create the specific alias:
If I start to receive junk mail from "newentity", then I delete the alias.
I have done that for many years, unfortunately, it means that I need to create a new email address each time I enroll, which means my computer currently reads tens of email addresses.
So you should give the option to the user to create his own alias, and remove the limit of 5.
Edit on July 31st, 2020:
To avoid collisions, or similar prefixes, you can always have a validation running at creation time; I also add a string to make my alias unique, such as the date at which I create it:
This has two benefits: I can organize my email aliases list in chronological order, increasing or decreasing, and I always keep track of the date at which I created the alias.Thanks for the feedback. Creating custom local parts will definitely lead to collisions in the future, so we have an issue filed to support "catch-all" subdomains for aliases: https://github.com/mozilla/fx-private-relay/issues/55
E.g., you could make up any alias you want like email@example.com.
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternenvon Dimtuhop, vor 3 JahrenCurrently only allows 5 aliases (unlike Abine's DNT which is unlimited) and the button that appears in the email boxes overlaps the lastpass fill buttons.