- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 15907172, vor 2 JahrenSupports to setup own URLs for Nitter, Invidious, Bibliogram and Openstreetmap or use defaults. Can be individually turned on and off with one click.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Hazon, vor 3 JahrenI'm not sure I can trust a privacy extension that uses screenshots taken in Chrome.Good point! It's really just down to laziness on my part, the extension supports both browsers and I figured the Chrome web store would be more strict about such things, but yes point taken.
EDIT - Fixed!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 15713411, vor 3 JahrenSuper convenient! Have you considered including DDG too?
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 14437127, vor 3 JahrenHi, I love this addon you have made but I noticed that the official Nitter instance has been down for a few days, while it will apparently go back up tomorrow, I cannot change the instance to a different one without getting a 400 Bad Request error when visiting a new instance. I have tried them all to no avail. Also whenever I change the bibliogram instance I get a 404 Error when visiting an instagram page and when I change invidio.us instances, it does work however it cant play embedded videos properly. Running Firefox 68.4.1esr on Android 9 with Fdroid's Fennec Fox. I would suggest testing the extension with the most popular alternative instances for each of these websites, In case the official ever goes offline like Nitter's. Other than that, this is a fantastic extension, found out what bibiliogram is from this and I see it having a bright future.Hello! I just tried the following alternative instances with success on the official desktop FF (v72.0.2). Please note the instance change feature is pretty basic with no validation so if a mistake is made it just won't work, so please make sure you have entered them exactly as is shown here:
Note there is no trailing forward slash and the protocol is also included. Let me know if you are still experiencing a problem after confirming this and I'll look into it further.
** EDIT ** Basic instance input validation is now included in v1.1.6 which should address this problem.
** EDIT 2 ** v1.1.7 now displays a list of possible instances as you type.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13163623, vor 3 JahrenWas a great tweak until an update a few days ago, Changes to permissions from just a couple websites, to everything.. why? (to protect from youtube embedded or Twitter all over the place?) was not explained and no patch notes either. - Removed ExtentionHi thanks for the feedback, I really should have communicated this change better.
The change to permissions was unfortunately required to allow embedded videos within iframes which were not working properly prior to this change. The reason full URL access is needed for this particular fix is because prior to this the extension was only listening for requests that originate from youtube, so if a request was made from an iframe embedded within a different site this extension would not see it and so would not redirect embedded youtube videos as expected.
The discussion for this change can be found here on the project repo:
I hope this helps to clear things up, and apologies for the lack of explanation.