- von Firefox-Benutzer 14708105, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI use this Add-On now for quite some time and it is one of the most practical and highly useful Add-Ons for Firefox. It allows to modify websites and especially delete the advert garbage of websites before printing or storing them as PDF. Thanks a lot!
- von miguelk, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenThanks for this. Very sophisticated, however, I'm looking to print the images of videos on a web psge as pdf or directly to my printer. It seems that FF does not support this (Edge and Chrome do). When I print preview a web page with a video playing all I get is a blank or black box where the video should be. I was hoping your addon would allow this, but I think this a an underlying flaw in FF by design. Please advise. Thx again.
(I have reset my pc, installing FF from scratch)There are some pages where the embedded videos are not displayed in Firefox's print preview. The same thing happens in Chrome, but perhaps with different pages or not as frequently. Please can you provide a few links to pages where this happens to allow investigation of the specific problems you are experiencing.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14637526, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThe most useful add-ons of all. Allows to very accurately select what you want to keep from the web page, saves A LOT of paper and can focus on what is useful to you.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14461465, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis is very handy. The online tools that makes the web pages print friendly document just can't detect any after-login-accessed .aspx pages, bu this one can handle for sure. Also the options provided to preview and edit the output are very sufficient and accurate. Just great!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14614025, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenI loved Print Edit before the big upgrade a few years ago. The new features may be a big hit with some users but I just like it better when it's working. I'm using it on a Windows laptop (the most recent version.) Now it will only print the first page of your edited document. This is a big problem. Can you re-release the old version under a different name or something?This issue is not caused by a bug in Print Edit WE and does not happen if you use Print Edit WE in Chrome. Unfortunately, there are known bugs in Firefox's print preview and print functionality that result in only the first (or first few) pages being previewed and printed. These bugs have existed for many years. However, there is a workaround in Print Edit WE - click on the 'Tools' button and select 'Fix Page Breaks'. This will fix the issue for most (but not all) pages.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 12657887, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenHi dw-dev,
first of all thank you for your work. I use your extension very often, therefore I am really unhappy on how complicated the usage got, when you changed the UI for WE compatibility. It was way more intuitive (and WYSIWYG) to edit the webpage in the print preview pane than it is in this special EDIT mode, where still sometimes "smart" webpages change / delete content of form fields and - even more disasterous - wipe the whole form when I end EDIT mode.
But this is not what i want to complain about. The thing what really makes it hard for me the last days is the fact that - I am talking about Print Edit WE v23.2 - the "PDF Setup" menu - hidden in the SAVE dialog - now not only lacks the possibility to directly input a "Scale (%)" in the corresponding text field, but also the up-down-arrows ("spin-button") have gone, so that I cannot adjust the scale with the arrows any longer. Therefore webpages often get to small or to large on the standard PDF page after saving with Print Edit WE. Could you please fix this bug?
And could you also tell us, whether it is possible to return to the former save dialog, which was embedded in the print preview pane like it was before the WE times?
Thank you very much in advance! Thomas
Edit 14.Nov.2018: I notice that you updated to 23.3. You changed both direct input into the "Scale (%)" text box and also re-attached the spin-button. I have added a star for this. Thanks a lot! Now I can use the WE extension like before. I still would appreciate a comment concerning the rest of my message.With the new WebExtensions APIs, it is not possible to do the editing or the saving in the print preview window. Please can you provide a link to page where the content of form fields is changed. As you have noted, the PDF Setup Scale bug was fixed in Verion 23.3.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13457300, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenDoes what it's supposed to 90% of the time. saving as .pdf. BUT trying to save as .html web page brings a "cannot save as web page unless version 12 or later is installed." Installed version is 23.2. WHAT?
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 JahrenThe message actually says: "To use the 'Save As HTML' feature, 'Save Page WE' (version 12.0 or later) must be installed and enabled.
This means that you must install the 'Save Page WE' add-on (version 12 or later) in order to use the 'Save As HTML' feature in Print Edit WE.