- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Rob Kent, vor 5 JahrenFirstly let me say that I am a long time user of NoScript and I have sent monetary contributions to the developer at least once, possibly more often. It is a *free* addon that obviously takes many hours of work to maintain. The developer should be given thanks and respect for doing that voluntarily. No self-respecting developer sets out to make mistakes or produce something that users don't want.
So something has gone badly wrong with this release. There are two aspects to it that I can see: the script blocking operation, and the UI. Some sites that I visited no longer work with NoScript enabled, even if you allow everything. Amazon music (play sample) didn't work for me, just one example. So that needs sorting out.
As for the UI, I initially found it complicated and confusing but I am getting used to it now. What happened to the middle-click functionality?
But until the developer has managed to fix the functionality, I have to disable it. I may just end up using the Brave browser until it is fixed.
Oh, and I would like a way to save my Whitelist so that I don't lose it if I uninstall and reinstall.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Franz Schneider, vor 5 JahrenThis was a five-star add-on prior! I LOVED it! What happened to the user interface and the options panel with all of its features? This add-on is a mess now.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon frede_256, vor 5 JahrenEven as a long time user of NoScript this UI absolutely kills the experience.
I still think there is hope though. Something as little as getting the mouse-over menu activation to work would make it feel not nearly as bad.
The new HTTPS detection is also one of the greatest offenders in breaking website functionality and there isn't even a proper explanation for how or why it works. I had to experiment my way to discovering this.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13512313, vor 5 JahrenWhy does it suck so hard now? It was a good add-on and one of the reasons I use Firefox. Think i give Opera a chance.
Since 10.1.2 Temporarly button is back; it's getting better again.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon radiofree, vor 5 JahrenAlla fine ho deciso di fare un downgrade alla ultyima versione fi Firefox 56.
Spero poter tornare ad usare Nocript prossimamente perche è chiaro che non sarà sicuro continuare con FF 56,02 a lungo.
Grazie comunque per i'ottima estensione che è stata fino a pochi gg fà.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13507402, vor 5 JahrenNew addon for Firefox Quantum is bad. Why is log.js open always. I always get 1.000 notification on console and it takes more CPU usage. New interface is worse than old one. I can't understand which domain is blocked or allowed.
I want old interface an system back. If you can't do same. Do it similar. Or work with good interface designer. I don't want to delete this add-on.
I hope you can fix all problems soon.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13507242, vor 5 JahrenHey guys, even the new gui is not comfortable as it used to be and so on...please consider this as a free addon and how much time is needed to update it concerning the new quantum firefox code - just give it some time and a fair chance instead of bashing around - giorgio, please go on with your good work, so we can all benefit from noscript again
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13506606, vor 5 Jahrenthis version is too complicated to handle for me. I am not the read-a-long-guide-before-doing-anything-complicated guy, so I am missing simplicity and intuitivity. I loved the former versions.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 12546124, vor 5 JahrenI do understand that it is maybe time to overthink the UI at this stage.
But I think a little more time would have done good before releasing now.
Unless you maybe released an old testversion?
Because right now noscript really is unusable.
But thumps up for good work overall.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon LucasZ, vor 5 JahrenErgonomically it's so bad I don't even want to use it. Can't disable it for specific site, can't open expandable menu to manage the scripts. Big step back.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13502317, vor 5 Jahrenwas THE BEST, for years and years
the new version for new FF is way way way way less user friendly, and almost not worth the effort :(
edit: actually it's completely worthless now gonna remove
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13502299, vor 5 JahrenWhere is the option for Temporarily Allow All or Temporarily Allow individual scripts? This version is impossible to use. I used temporary permissions all the time because so many sites have many scripts.
The UI is awful and not at all intuitive. There is a page I'm trying to enable right now but I don't know how to. No matter what scripts I enable or disable it's not loading like it used to, where before I could just temporarily allow scripts and everything would be fine. I'm clicking every single script shown in that long list, locking and unlocking each one and reloading, and it's not working.
(And what's up with unlock being red and lock being green? The UI is not user friendly)
I think i have to disable this until it's improved. I want to be happy it's back but it's unusable.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13502256, vor 5 JahrenSame as other users - a great add-on, but where did the "Temporarily allow xyz.nn" option disappear to? Some web sites have tons of links which need to be allowed on to make them work, and the previous version of no-script had the handy option to allow it for just this one time.
I do hope that this shortcut key will come back later...
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13500584, vor 5 JahrenNo "temporary allow all script on this site" function now.
Opening settings causes hanging firefox with no way except emergency close it (Mint 14).
Awful icons and design at all.
I hope this will be fixed soon.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13499826, vor 5 JahrenGiorgio: What happened to "Temporarily Allow All This Page"? It's so useful. If I want to see a page but I don't want to cycle through all the scripts, one at a time, to see which one(s) will unlock the content I want, I can just use that. After I'm done I can just cancel all those temp permissions at once.
Now that feature is gone. Why?
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13499482, vor 5 JahrenUgh. The new GUI is HORRENDOUS. I loved the previous add-on, and I'm grateful for all the hard work you've put into this because it's seriously the best add-on for Firefox - but this GUI makes it almost unbearable to use. I don't need anything more than the simple drop-down menu that we had before. Please, for the love of god, bring back the old GUI.