- von pause_break, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenOverall set up process of Gnome extensions is needlessly overcomplicated. However it works well after all steps and instructions.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14038428, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenI have the native connector chrome-gnome-shell installed, the extension works fine on Chrome [currently running 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)] but fails to detect the host connector on Firefox Developer Edition [currently running 65.0b5 (64-bit)]:
"Although GNOME Shell integration extension is running, native host connector is not detected. Refer documentation for instructions about installing connector."
- von Firefox-Benutzer 14454627, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenCurrent Debian Jessie, Gnome 3.14.1, Firefox 63.0.3 (from Mozilla), Firefox-esr 63.0.3 (native). Can't get connector to install. "python3-requests" dependency not satisfiable. "python3-requests" not in repos, either. (Got .deb file and used gdebi.) chrome-gnome-shell not in repos. gnome-shell is. Tweak tool installed. gnome-shell is in toolbar--useless--only gnome.org site usable. Which repo may prove valid, and where? A few others report this about current Debian, too.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 3 Jahren> Current Debian Jessie
Why you rated chrome-gnome-shell for your distro issue?
Install all packages from sources if you distro missed them.
For chrome-gnome-shell manual installation read https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeShellIntegrationForChrome/Installation
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13527217, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenWorks. Keep in mind that you still need to install a native counterpart (for ubuntu and others) to work and for ubuntu 17.10 this component has not been updated, yielding apt update error
E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/ne0sight/chrome-gnome-shell/ubuntu artful Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13106008, vor 5 JahrenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenGreat concept and have previously had high success. Though recently my FF has been performing like crap and today finally set out to isolate it. High CPU usage even when idle one tab open to duckduckgo. Running Ubuntu 16.04 FF latest.
First part (which I fixed)
-> high CPU consumed by Firefox idle. Isolated down to this plugin. (plugin enabled = 20% CPU, plugin disabled = 0-1% CPU idle)
Seems I was running an older version of the backend service, which was the root cause of this issue. (sorry didn't note which chrome-gnome-shell version was running previously).
Second issue. (no fix)
Any attempt to close firefox (File Quit, CTRL+Q, restart FF due to addon/extension change, etc.) results in a hang and crash. Firefox spins CPU for about 1 minute then crashes.
$ dpkg --list | egrep "chrome-gnome-shell|firefox"
ii chrome-gnome-shell 9-0ubuntu1~ubuntu16.04.3 all GNOME Shell extensions integration for web browsers
ii firefox 53.0.3+build1-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 amd64 Safe and easy web browser from Mozilla
4.4.0-79-generic Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 5 JahrenHello.
It is a Firefox bug 1349874  and explained in the wiki . Please ask Mozilla to fix it.