- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Gomdolius, vor 2 JahrenYes this addon does what it claims to do, but remember to have all actions screenshoted. I took a backup last month and now reinstalled Firefox, then tried to restore it. I know the backup was valid because I tried restoring with that backup file right after creating it (and it was successful). Guess what I got today? It says the backup is not valid. The backup format is not consistent across versions, and is without backward compatibility.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 JahrenThis is only partly true. It happens whenever Gesturefy has a major change in it's version number (version 1 to version 2 or version 3), which happened 2 times in total in an interval of about one and a half year each. I'd say that this is nothing uncommon for software. You were probably just unlucky and did your last backup shortly before the 3.0 release.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 14111720, vor 2 JahrenGesturefy is an essential, and perhaps my favorite add on for Firefox. It's one of the many reasons I love using it over any other browser. I loved having my Firefox set up with it & it's certainly worth donating for. Even made friends using Chrome take notice.
So it feels unfortunate for me to have to say this - but this shiny new update seems to have greatly diminished the usability to a point where it is simply not practical anymore.
I would say it's an example of ''if it ain't broke, don't fix it'' - the new pattern based gestures are just harder to draw precisely, especially with a trackpad. Having to draw a gesture 2, 3 times before getting is just way more cumbersome than before. I also can't find the ''re-store closed'' tab command anymore.
Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's my take. I really (did) love the add-on. I think there should be an option to go back to the simple scheme.
Edit: I have reverted back to 2.16 for now and am happy.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 JahrenHi.
3.0 offers a completely new way of making gestures and we always wanted Gesturefy's gestures to work the way they do now. You have to redo some gestures so that they are not too similar to others. But you will be pointed out to this with a sign. Try something out and maybe you will like the new art.
Important: Firefox will update Gesturefy automatically. You must disable automatic updates for this. And there could be problems with the config.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 14617076, vor 4 JahrenI really like the interface for setting the gestures and they work great. Unfortunately, about once a month, all settings reset to default...I highly customize mine so each time it's about 10 minutes setting everything back to normal. I understand this may be related to firefox sync. Unfortunately, yeah I use firefox sync, this app is for firefox...none of the other apps I use have a problem with sync, are you sure there's nothing you can do about this?
it's not worth the frustration. Moving on.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 14565427, vor 4 JahrenSome pages can not work, such as this add-on page, option page ,even 404 error page and new tab. This is inconvenience when you got an error page ,but you can not easily to use gesture to continue your next operation(e.g close the tab). And when you finished your settings or added an plugin, you can not use the gesture to close the tab or skip to next one.
Version ff quantum 64.0.2,win10
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 4 JahrenHey. There are some API limitations in Firefox. We can not change this fact. So please read the addon description:
> The addon does not work on https://addons.mozilla.org, pure SVG pages and internal pages like most "about:" tabs (e.g. about:newtab, about:addons) or other addon option pages (moz-extension://)
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 14420822, vor 4 JahrenI am day 1 using this add-on and I am super frustrated with the features not available on this one and was available on Firegesture but I am willing to give it a shot. This add-on does NOT have the feature to open links simultaneously with [Ctrl] + [Drawing gesture lines over links] which was super convenient when you are doing web research looking for relevant information. Would love to have it on this add-on. I may find more stuff that FIregesture had and Gesturefy don't.
An year later of using this add-on, I still don't like it but just better than nothing.
Locker Gesture is glitchy, attempts to switch tabs sometimes forced back to the original tab or skips tabs and pops up context menu sometimes.
Just can't get the right tweaks of reaction times and sensitivities of gestures.
The behavior overall is just inconsistent and glitchy.
I am just using this because this is the better one among the worst ones.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13260361, vor 5 JahrenOptions would not stick, like changing a gesture or two.
They would revert everytime to the default.
Clumsy in use and not a patch on Fire Gestures.
Go back to Firefox ESR version and the proper add-ons work again.
Reply to developer : I deleted the default and re programmed a standard gesture, also restarted the program to check, then set new gesture. NOT RED.
Still removes any settingsCan it be that the input field is red after changing a gesture? If so, it is because a gesture occurs more than once. Then this input is not saved.
If not then please report your issue on https://github.com/Robbendebiene/Gesturefy/issues with more information.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon cockatiel, vor 5 Jahren1.It doesn't work at
I don't know why.
In this page,It doesn't work too
I need to go to other tab to test new gesture,really bother me.Hey. Just read the description, these are API limitations:
>The addon does not work on https://addons.mozilla.org, pure svg pages and internal pages like about:newtab, about:addons or other addon option pages.
------ or in your language:
> 這個附加元件無法執行於 https://addons.mozilla.org、純SVG頁面、 Firefox的內建頁面 (諸如新分頁、附加元件 、設定等等)
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Al, vor 5 JahrenI only use the rocker gestures from this extension, but I use them A LOT. Since the update to FireFox 57, and if I enable a rocker that starts with the left click, I can no longer select text in web pages by clicking the left button and dragging!
Moreover, the rocker that starts with right click does not work. This is explained by Gesturefy as being a Firefox bug, and I read that this will be fixed in the next Firefox release. For me this addon is completely unusable at the moment and I had to disable it.I guess you are using Linux or Mac and suppose you've set the left mouse button for the mouse gesture, because this is the only thing that prevents text selection. I recommend using Firefox 58 beta, because the right mouse button is fixed since the latest version (Gesturefy 1.1.17 and Firefox 58.b7). To enable text selection just change the mouse button to the middle or right mouse button.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Warren, vor 5 JahrenVery happy! It works! Now tell me why with Firefox 57, Quantum, when I select from the menu bar, the menu instantly disappears when I hover over it with the mouse. Uninstalled Gesturefy and the problem went away.If by menu bar you mean this: https://www.maketecheasier.com/assets/uploads/2015/07/restore-firefox-menu-bar-example1.png then it's totally unrelated to Gesturfy.
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 Sternenvon Firefox-Benutzer 13506702, vor 5 Jahrendoes not work in Ubuntu 14.
In Windoof works not on every page.For Linux look here (addon description):
> For MacOS & Linux users: Use left or middle mouse button due to the different right click/context menu behaviour
But the right mouse click for Linux (and Mac) will probably work in Firefox 58. See here for more informations: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1360278#c113
And because of the unusable pages look here:
> The addon does not work on https://addons.mozilla.org, pure svg pages and internal pages like about:newtab, about:addons or other addon option pages.