- von Daniel Tomberlin, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenWorks Great! ... I needed a clean find/replace tool for Firefox and added this extension in hopes I could cut my work time down drastically, specifically with updating multiple fields in large forms that open up in dynamic iframes. At first, previous versions would not recognize the iframe forms, but I reached out to the developer for this extension and was met with a prompt response and update (v1.3) that made this tool a total success! ... Thanks erosman!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13476196, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenGood start, but needs to emulate what BBCodeXtra used to supply, such as the ability to turn selected lines of text into a BBcode list with just one click, in other words the tags [list][/list] as well as the [*] tags are all added with one click.
Note to other readers, if you go to the forum at phpbb and search for bbCodeInsert, you'll see that someone has ported that Chrome extension to FF, and it is as good as BBCodeXtra. "Edit" would do well to get it, and study it, and do better than it can do ... if you can!That can be done as a new feature. Edit is not a copy of another add-on to have the same features but new features can be added if there is a popular demand.
Please use the support topic for feature requests.
- von pm, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThe Search/Replace feature works well in this add-on, and the options to transform text (uppercase, lowercase, capitalize and add tags) are impressive. I agree with the earlier reviewer that the process of adding custom tags can be a bit cumbersome, but once you have the tags configured the way you want them, the set-up time seems worth it.I haven't worked much on it since I released it. If there are feature requests, please post them to the support topic and I will work on them.
Feedback is a good motivation for further development. :)
The support site is listed on add-on's page under "Support Site". It is also listed on add-on's Help Page.
- von BlackWinny, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenCould we have an option to toggle between "BBCode by default" and "HTML by default" ? It would be very nice !
Thank you for such a great add-on !Possible... Maybe I can get it to remember the last option
I will consider all requests once I start working on it for an upgrade.
Please post all support questions/requests to the support topic.
- von Jan Wilhelms, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenYes, best alternative to BBCodeXtra I found.
Edit 21 hours after posting:
I really don't want to rate this nice addon down and never would do so, but I am just too lazy to register to yet another site (moz://a) to make a feature request. Those requests would be:
1. The HTML tag blockquote (not just q) by default. (In a log term perhaps a more handy Custom tags section? No idea however how much work this would cost…)
2. The opportunity to define HTML instead of BBCode as the standard markup language in the settings of the Addon.
(As you may have guessed, I mainly need such an add-on for commenting in WordPress blogs.)
But again, erosman: Great job. Thank you very much!
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13485719, vor 5 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenSeems to be the best option now that BBCode Extra is dead. Would like right-click support though, and custom tags are a bit cumbersome.