- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 16426618, 2 år sidenAwesome add on but left 2 things in my opinion for it can have 5 stars, the way to change color schemes, not so dark or default and close tabs with middle click mouse. I'll change it to 5 stars when we have this feature.
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af treesap, 4 år sidenNice. Basically required for Firefox use. (Firefox really needs to add this absolutely normal tab-handling functionality to the browser--Chrome's had it since the beginning.)
This may be the same as a previously existing extension called "Select and Do"? (It's been a while since I used Firefox, but this came up when I searched for that extension which I previously used for this purpose.)
I feel like I may have preferred that one, but I might be completely making this up and this may be the exact same extension with a different name. Who knows.
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af allan999, 4 år sidenalmost perfect, but:
* show global tab count in icon
* search tab by name/url & switch to it
* show all tabs from all windows option
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af Hamid_Y2K, 5 år sidenNow it works fine v2.1.2
but invert selection doesn't work
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 13861609, 5 år sidenMostly good, but when I move the icon into the top bar, while using the Default theme, it remains black against the dark background instead of switching to white, like so: https://i.imgur.com/rqz12Xd.png
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af wastebin, 5 år sidenWorks well. 4/5 because moving tabs to new window doesn't always close them in the old window.
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 13604924, 5 år sidenA user-defined location for bookmarked tabs would be a lot more useful
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af mage7, 5 år sidenVery nifty little addon. To Devs : Please support Firefox 52 Extended Support Release. (Using ESR because Quantum has broken many invaluable addons i cant live without) I had to install an older version of your addon to work with ESR.
- Almost as good as pre-FF 57. Only appears to be missing "gather to new tree|folder."
Slightly awkward for dragging of selected tabs -- need to click the menu bar's "select and do" icon to close the context-menu pop-up, then can re-click on selected tabs to move them.
Copy Title & URI doesn't work very well on unloaded tabs yet -- copies the stored data, e.g.
Scientists on new supernova: WTF have we been looking at? | Ars Technica
But at least the copy is successful (not blank), and can do a regex transform to clean it up.
Creation of a Tab Group folder (in tree style tab) requires manually going to a moz-extension url, such as:
Hats off to Piro, much respect. Paypal Donation needs to be enabled for Piro's extensions.
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af mobius, 5 år sidenThis plugin could do with some file saving options.
When I usually save a web page, the Firefox save dialog gives me the option of saving either 'html only' or 'web page complete'. When I save pages using the multiple tabs plugin, it usually saves 'html only', though sometimes it saves 'web page complete'. I don't know how it figures this out. I would like to control it. Unless I can make it always save 'web page complete', this function is useless to me.
Nevertheless, I believe I cannot live without this plugin.
The ability to select and move multiple tabs is useful and intuitive that it seem seems native to Firefox.
Old, outdated review:
The new version has a nice-looking interface. But it is not as useful as it was.
Multiple Tab Handler used to be the single-most useful feature of Firefox after tabs themselves. Firefox is drastically less essential without it.
The thing that made it great was its intuitive operation. It was effective and powerful. It allowed you to select tabs by clicking on them as you would anything else on a desktop: using the shift key to select a sequence of tabs; and using the tab key to bring separate individual tabs into the same group. With a simple right-click you could then perform operations on the selected tabs - such as bookmark, move and close. Or you could just right-click and perform quick operations on all tabs. It was brilliant.
The new version no longer allows you to select tabs themselves. You have to open a drop down-down menu that lists all the tabs you have open. This does helpfully display the full names of all your open tabs. But this does not make up for the inconvenience of introducing further steps and waits to select and operate on tabs. It also can't handle it when you have a large number of tabs open.
You having to click an icon to open the tabs list before you can select the tabs. You may even have to click to get to the icon to open the tabs list, if you have more add-on competing for space on your browser bar. Only then can you select what tabs you want to operate on. The way it lets you select the tabs is very nice. And the way it allows you to operate on the tabs is snazzy too. It even remembers your selection if you close the list up without operating on it immediately. But by the time you get that far your bird will have flown, your flow will have juddered, your information juggernaut will have been forced off the highway for an unscheduled pitstop with the driver leaning out of the window shouting, 'what the %&$!*!?'.
Perhaps the way forward would meld the old with the new: selection as it was but now reflected in the drop down list should you need to open it, and with a working memory. Though really, would it ever even be necessary to use the drop-down list with its snazzy interface? Isn't it just superflous and therefore baggage for your system resources? How has it come to this?
MHT used to be so essential that Mozilla should have called their browser Firefox MHT. They should have called it Multiple Tab Handler - featuring Mozilla Firefox. They should have made Piro president of the Mozilla corporation, given him a big cigar and told him to just work his magic. If he had applied the magic he has done here with the MHT interface to FX bookmarks then you could have grabbed his coat tails and flown to Tau Ceti. Now they should just call it Forfux and be done with it.
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af Tomas Hartman, 5 år sidenFollowing the update to FF57 I am missing its top functionality "close similar tabs". I don't want to lower rating of this (formerly) great addon for some FF-related "mess" however this update makes this addon useless for me. I hope the author's gonna get over the new FF addon policy quickly... EDIT 2020: In fact, lack of this functionality in general made me make my own extension. If interested, check out "Clean the mess!" https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/clean-the-mess/
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 13470465, 5 år sidenIs there a way for it to work with Tab Suspender to suspend selected tabs?
-- Awesome add-on, by the way.