- per Sans Undertale, fa un anyS'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5Been looking for a better alternative to OneTab for a while, and I think this might be a winner. Virtually everything I can ask for is here, and the developer is transparent about the extension's numerous permissions. Well done.
Edit: Congratulations on getting into the Recommended Extension Program!
- per Firefox user 6509382, fa un anyS'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5This is a very well-made extension that's definitely a must-have to anyone with the habit of having too many opened tabs at once.
It deserves a lot more attention.
- per Cosmic_Annihilation, fa 2 anysS'ha valorat amb 3 sobre 5Great idea but as other reviews have mentioned, there are a few annoying UI issues. I'd love to use this addon, the sidebar is way better than using OneTab. But as I was testing the addon, by importing 65 tabs from OneTab export file, it couldn't do it. The UI issues also made me loose a few tabs. I hope development continues and the addon improves. I'll keep it disabled but installed to keep an eye on future releases.Hi, thanks for your review, and I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with importing. You can check the support page for the most common problems here: https://josh-berry.github.io/tab-stash/support.html
Note that Tab Stash 2.7 (just released) fixes a conflict between import and Multi-Account Containers, so if you are using that extension, please try again--your problem may already be resolved.
If upgrading to 2.7 and/or the support page steps don't help, I'd love to understand what happened and see if I can resolve the problem. Please feel free to open an issue on GitHub (linked from the support page) so we can discuss further.
Finally, regarding losing tabs, undo delete/remembering deleted items is one of the most-requested features, and has been in the works for quite some time. Fortunately, I'm happy to report that it's now available in Tab Stash 2.7.
- per Firefox user 14075751, fa 2 anysS'ha valorat amb 3 sobre 5Great idea, but UI really should do some rework. I managed to accidentally lose big chunk of tabs in the first minutes of using this extension, and there is no undo. It's so easy to stash/remove from stash - even groups of hundreds of tabs - and as you click, position of buttons change, opening to accidental click to delete whole group.
I would love an extension like this, but which took tabs more seriously, and made it harder to lose data. Also, I really missed option to export and import all stashed tabs.Hi, thanks for your review. Undo delete/remembering deleted items is one of the most-requested features, and has been in the works for quite some time. Fortunately, I'm happy to report that it's now available in Tab Stash 2.7.
Import and export has been available since Tab Stash 2.6--you can find it in the menu next to the search bar in the Tab Stash UI. A variety of formats are supported, including Markdown and OneTab.
- per public image ltd., fa 2 anysS'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5I discovered this extension by accident, and I am really impressed! It's well thought out, easy to use and nice to look at. I like in particular the possibility to "stash away" tabs which are still running in the background. I use it for listening to music in the background -- that's a tab I don't need and which clutters the tab bar. Now I can stash it aways without needing to worry.
Maybe one related idea: I found out that stashed tabs are unloaded unless this option is explicitly disabled (which I did). Maybe it would be possible to determine loading/unloading in an intelligent way, i.e. via regexp. I would not want to unload the deezer tab, but I don't care about some news web page which I will update anyway when I look at it again.
Or alternatively the memory consumption per stash could be displayed, and a button added to unload the whole group on demand.
Keep up this impressive work!Hi, thank you very much for the thoughtful review, and I'm glad you're enjoying Tab Stash!
You raise a great point about unloading tabs which might be doing something important (like playing music) in the background. Fortunately, Firefox allows extensions to detect when tabs are playing audio, so in future it should be possible to detect this and keep those tabs loaded—no configuration required. I went ahead and created an enhancement issue for this here: https://github.com/josh-berry/tab-stash/issues/90
Your regexp idea should also be possible though—if that's something you're still interested in, feel free to open another issue on GitHub!
- per Firefox user 15854259, fa 2 anysS'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5This extension is fantastic. Very smooth, simple UI; and the sidebar is icing on the cake which I think might even replace Tree Style Tab for me.
- per Andrew Lamzed-Short, fa 2 anysS'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5This is a simple, amazing, powerful add-on for tab management. I routinely need to manage my plethora of tabs, of which lots can be batched based on type of work, and swapped out depending on context.
Fantastic. Install it now!
- per bsdaddict, fa 2 anysS'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5Awesome addon, might just be the OneTab replacement I've been looking for!
I was going to request a feature to have "stash tabs on the right/left" to the toolbar button context menu (like OneTab has), but then I saw your reply to the comment just below this one. Shift/Ctrl selecting the tabs works just as well, if not better! Bulk handling tabs was the main thing that has kept me using OneTab along side Tab Stash. I think I can finally ditch that hog!
Only thing is, Shift/Ctrl selecting tabs isn't intuitive, and your reply was the first mention of it I came across. MIght still be good to add the items I suggested to the context menu along with a hint about Shift/Ctrl selecting tabs. Or, at the very least, add Shift/Ctrl selecting to the Features in the add-on description. Handling tabs in bulk with OneTab was very quick and people looking to replace it need to know about this function in order for Tab Stash to be a viable replacement.
Otherwise, thanks for an awesome addon! Great freakin' work, man!Hi, thanks for your review and I'm glad you've found Tab Stash useful! That's a great point about making Shift+Click and Ctrl+Click more discoverable; I've added a bullet point to the description like you suggested, and I'll see if I can add another screenshot to illustrate it better. I've also made a note to see if I can clarify/add a hint to the context menu for a future release. Thanks for the suggestion and the feedback!
And in case you haven't found it already, Tab Stash 2.6 just added an import feature in the menu (next to the search bar) which you can use to bring your OneTab tabs into Tab Stash. Just copy/paste the exported URLs from OneTab and Tab Stash will take care of the rest. (And if you ever decide you want to go back, you can export to OneTab too.)
- per crossborn, fa 2 anysS'ha valorat amb 4 sobre 5I love the way my stashed tabs are presented. I'd give Tab Stash 5 stars if I could find an option to stash on demand instead of having every random combination of tabs I open stashed.Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by "stash on demand", but you can choose which of your open tabs to stash by Shift+Clicking or Ctrl+Clicking to select tabs in your Firefox tab bar (or Cmd+Click instead of Ctrl on the Mac), and then clicking the "Stash tabs" button in the toolbar. Or if you only want to stash the current tab, click the "Stash this tab" button in your address bar (instead of the toolbar).
Hope this answers your question, and if not, feel free to open an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/josh-berry/tab-stash/issues/new/choose . Thanks for your review!
- per Alexey104, fa 2 anysS'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5This is definetly the best addon for saving tabs among all the others that i've tried. The interface is pretty simple, but very elaborate and convenient to use at the same time. This is exactly what i was looking for, nice work, thank you for it!
The only feature i'd like to have is the ability to change hotkeys for stashing tabs because the default 'Ctrl+Alt+T' combination conflicts with one of my others addons.
- per Allen, fa 2 anysS'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5I tried a lot of addons for saving tabs, but this one is the best. I use workona on Chrome, but I would prefere to have Tab Stash even there.Thanks for your review, I'm glad to hear you've found Tab Stash useful!
Unfortunately, to be honest a Chrome version is pretty unlikely in the near future, for a couple reasons: Chrome is missing some APIs for things like hiding tabs and showing a sidebar, so some Tab Stash features would be missing. Also, I pretty much only use Firefox, so I'm not sure I'd be able to provide the same level of quality in a Chrome version. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news there. :/
- per aca027, fa 2 anysS'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5This is a great extension. Only one suggestion, to add "New Separator" option, like in Firefox bookmarks
- per iudex, fa 2 anysS'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5Hi, just wanted to say, what a great extension!
Thought; this could be a "collections" implementation, mail to Mozilla? ("collections" as in 'firefox preview android app').Thanks, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it! I'm afraid I'm not an Android user, and from what I can tell, the collections feature is still in preview. So I don't know much about it right now, but it's something I'll keep an eye on for the future.
- per Firefox user 15701380, fa 2 anysS'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5fantastic. (edit -- working, great: One thing missing,: ability to give name to stash groups. Otherwise ) Good work. Nice. Fine.Hi, you can name stash groups, just click on the title ("Saved on ...") and it will give you the ability to change it to whatever you want. Glad you are enjoying Tab Stash and thanks for the review!