- S'ha valorat amb 3 sobre 5per Firefox user 13258799, fa 8 mesos諸姉諸兄もレビューで書かれているとおり、長年同じだった外観が変更されて非常に見辛くなった。
⇒今有効になっている物がはっきりと表示され、非有効なものが薄く (Dim Gray) 表示されていることが、NoScriptの良さだったのに、それが失われてしまった。
As written in the review, the sisters and brothers also changed the appearance that had been the same for many years and it became very hard to see.
--> The good thing about NoScript is that what is currently enabled is clearly displayed and what is not enabled is displayed lightly (Dim Gray), but it has been lost.
Therefore, what was evaluated as ★ 5 was reduced to ★ 3.
I don't think the theme change function itself is necessary in the first place.
- S'ha valorat amb 4 sobre 5per nowandthen, fa 8 mesosThe "new look" is hard to read. Temp, Trusted etc. are too bold and they're not easy to see what they mean at a glance. Did you change for the sake of change? Please go back to the old icons.
Updating from 1 star to 4. You don't get 5 stars because you switched me to the dark icons without my knowledge that I could move back to the "original" icons. Thankfully, from the options menu, I can change the icons back to the original versions without waiting for an update.
- S'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5per RichT54, fa 8 mesosThank you for providing the ability to select the previous UI style. I have updated my rating accordingly. I hope you will retain the Vintage Blue option in future updates, it is so much better than the new style.
- S'ha valorat amb 2 sobre 5per Markus, fa 8 mesosI am using this extension for 10 years now. The change to a new UI from version 5 to 10 took getting used to, but I was able to get comfortable with it. This was manly due to the different color coding for different settings. But with the latest UI of version 11.4, the different settings look very similar now. Furthermore, the dialog box is now much bigger and looks very clunky.
What I do not understand is that there is no fall-back option to switch back to the previous UI. In my opinion this was not a well-considered decision.
- S'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5per MrNighty, fa 8 mesosI've been using NoScript for a really long time and I never had any issues (except for the first few weeks of the "Firefox Quantum" update)
The new UI is really bad. I'm always open for new UI designs but this isn't good. Especially dark mode is horrible. I had to change it to light theme since it's a little bit better to read.
If it's possible offer a classic theme as an option or redo the new theme.
Update: Thanks for the answer! The dark theme still isn't perfect but at least I can switch to the classic style!
- S'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5per ЯромиR, fa 8 mesosI do also immediately UPDATE my RATING to 5 billion STARS and my review!
This is THE BEST DEVELOPER with his IMMEDIATE reaction to NoScript users ask!
What a BRILLIANT MAN!!!
And ALSO the LATEST UPDATE (-:
Now it has even a DARK VIEW mode, what is so helpful for sensitive eyes!
MANY BIG THANKS, dear Giorgio!
(and my apologies for my previous review's complaint, if I just haven't noticed new options were available)
The UGLIEST "update" through the whole existence of PREVIOUSLY excellent ad-on )-:
JUST BRING BACK our beloved NORMAL LOOK of this extension!!!
- S'ha valorat amb 3 sobre 5per Firefox user 12748548, fa 8 mesosI've used this add-on for years. It was one of the best extensions ever -- thank you developer, for all your hard work! Unfortunately, the new update is awful. It looks horrible, and it seems to be breaking all kinds of websites and frequently does not allow adjustments when clicking on 'Options' or anything anymore. It's just ugly and useless now. Please put it back to the way it was!
- S'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5per Firefox user 14009198, fa 8 mesosThank you for all the work on this valuable extension, which I have appreciated for years. For this 5 stars.
But the new user interface is unfortunately so repulsive and terrible that I have to reduce to 1 star!!
This is the worst user interface I have ever had to see on a PC. Have only been using PCs since 1984!
My URGENT recommendation is to completely rethink it again and change it to a reasonable level in a near future.
Wow, great job again. Thanks for the update. Works great. Therefore 5 stars !
- S'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5per Plum, fa 8 mesosI want to update my review. They have pushed an update with the option to revert to the old theme. Thank you!
I've been using this addon for years. It's a great addon, but the new UI update was unexpected, jarring, and for a moment made me think I had been hijacked by something. While I appreciate the attempt at a dark theme (more things need dark themes), I feel it could use some work still. The new UI feels unprofessional, enough so that I had to come here to see the reviews to see if it was legit. I am giving 5 stars as I've been an avid user, and until this UI change, it's been consistently one of my favorite and most used addons.
- S'ha valorat amb 3 sobre 5per fearless , fa 8 mesosCant access local lan addresses for router or other wifi products using any 192.168.1.x address - new update completely blocks. Doesnt seem to be a way to disable the https only thing as well, not sure if they are related. Had to disable NoScript to get access to my router and local wifi power plug extensions. Hopefully this can be fixed in a new update soon. Also the change of UI is a lot darker and harder to read compared with the older UI. Perhaps that can be taken into account when any new updates are released. For now I will leave it disabled.
- S'ha valorat amb 4 sobre 5per James, fa 8 mesosWorks perfectly, been using it for years -- Would be 5 stars, but this latest update included a GUI update that clearly has not been tested and is not ADA compliant. If there was a way to downgrade to a prior version or any real alternative to NoScript, I would in a heartbeat solely because of this GUI update.
- S'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5per malau, fa 8 mesosOMG, did Giorgio just change the theme of the addon ? I thought I had got a virus ! Is there any way to switch it to the original skin ? I really don't like the new one.
- S'ha valorat amb 3 sobre 5per sebt27, fa 8 mesosThe dropdown menu in the new version 11.4 has a hideous, huge, Fisher-Price appearance with rounded corners. A developer is replying to these reviews suggesting one of the 11.4.1RCs - but there is no way to download these from the site linked to.
I've just reverted to 11.3.7, available from this site: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/noscript/versions/
Then, in Firefox Settings/Add-ons, I switched off automatic updates.
I don't know whether one of the 11.4.1 RCs offers a real option to keep the original appearance, because I can't find them anywhere. Please add this feature into future releases, because the new UI is horrible. I haven't even tried it on some of the e-commerce/newspaper sites where the menu might have 20+ sites listed - would they even fit on my screen?There's a big link there pointing to https://secure.informaction.com/download/betas/noscript-11.4.1rc3.xpi.
Disabling automatic updates is not advisable for obvious reasons.
- S'ha valorat amb 3 sobre 5per TheAndrey, fa 8 mesosI didn't like the new boring gray design. Bring back the old legendary icon! I liked the malicious script better.
- S'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5per Firefox user 13107012, fa 8 mesosEdit:
Since the new update, it's now possible to choose between the Vintage Blue and the new theme, so many thanks for making that an option!
- S'ha valorat amb 4 sobre 5per Felipe999, fa 8 mesos[UPDATE: Thanks for the quick reply, will try it] The new design looks plain bad, like it was drawn by an 8yo