- مقيّمة بِ ٤ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 16613184, منذ عامينI was using Sage++ Sage++ (Higmmer's Edition) on Waterfox classic. Switching to a newer browser forced me to look for alternatives...
Could you add an option to open preview when double-click (not click) on subscribed feed.
رد المطورنُشرت منذ عامينThe middle click (if you have it) will open the preview.
Alternatively, you can go to the Options page (Manage Extension) and see if the option ‘A feed-click automatically opens the Feed Preview’ in the ‘Behavior’ section may be of some help.
- مقيّمة بِ ٥ من ٥كتبها Mark, منذ عامينThis RSS reader add-on is really simple - a pleasure to work with. So intuitive and low bandwidth. I had Just one question regarding privacy and the developers comprehensive response (below) has bumped me up from four to a full five stars.
My concerns were: I notice several privacy permissions are required for it that pique my concern: 'Access your data for all websites', 'Download files and read and modify the browser’s download history', and 'Access browsing history'. Why is this?
رد المطورنُشرت منذ عامينHi Mark,
Thanks for the ratings.
As for your concerns:
'Access your data for all websites' – This permission is required for feed discovery in web pages from the sidebar and from the address bar. It allows me to traverse the page source and look for RSS links.
'Download files and read and modify the browser’s download history' – This permission is required by the OPML import/export module for exporting the feeds to a local file. Downloading is the way Firefox allows for file saving. As for the '… read and modify the browser’s download history' portion of the permission, it is not used by the extension. Mozilla bundles all those elements in the single "downloads" permission.
'Access browsing history' – This permission is required for the managing of the 'read' and 'unread' states of the feeds. The browser's history stores this information.
I hope this satisfies your concerns.
- مقيّمة بِ ٥ من ٥كتبها FurQ, منذ ٣ أعوامGreat to have this back on the newer Firefox versions, really could do with some more options for things like time to display the hover tooltip on RSS feed items its way to slow (want to be able to move the mouse over all of them and have the description tooltip show almost instantly like 100ms ~ ) and also an option to customize the tooltip colors...#
Would be great if you can add support for Vivaldi browser built in sidebar
- مقيّمة بِ ٥ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 13312508, منذ ٣ أعوامNice! Version 1.8 has quite improved but still I prefer Drop Feeds as Sage++ alternative - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/drop-feeds/ :
- super fast asynchronous feed checking;
--> script manager and security filtering:
html/css blocking - e.g. when rendering feeds no flash/media content downloaded/autoplay (unintercepted by uBlock Origin). Drop Feeds can be configured to filter out these annoying rich content;
- feed items list toolbar;
- hide read articles/feed items.
- مقيّمة بِ ٤ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 14777851, منذ ٣ أعوامVery good followup of old sage and sage-by-himmer. However, I have a couple of suggestions>
- change 'Open all in tabs' to 'Open all unread in tabs'
- option to mark all as read when jumping to next feed
- if 'mark all as read' is selected on folder it should relate to that folder only
Anyhow, this extension was the reason to download firefox again :-)
- مقيّمة بِ ٤ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 14665558, منذ ٤ أعوامJust started using this add-on today, and so far it's great. What I was looking for, and what I have so far found only in your add-on, despite trying Feedbro, Brief, and other RSS readers, is effortless syncing with my Firefox on other devices. Other readers do not yet sync properly or require an account.
What keeps me from 5 stars so far is difficulty moving a feed into an empty folder - wonder if there is a trick to this - and some difficulty using keystrokes to mark items as read. If I did not read the article, I usually had to use a right click in the sidebar to mark an article as read - couldn't do so when I brought up all articles of one feed in a Sage-Like new tab.
One observation is that Sage-Like does not work with or provide a toolbar add-on for "Subscribe to Feed." I suspect this is a result of its design based on the sidebar. Another observation is that Sage-Like does not seem to provide a method of saving articles, for example into one of the folders I've created to collect feeds. Not really an issue though for me as I'll usually use another method to save the article.
Thanks for providing Sage-Like.Hi,
Thank you the review and rating.
Moving a feed into an empty folder - You are right to wonder and there is a trick to this. If you press the shift key while dragging the feed over the folder, the folder will highlight and you can drop the feed into it.
Difficulty using keystrokes to mark items as read - For me keyboard shortcuts in a web extension are a mess because there are always conflicts with other extensions. I'll see what I can do in terms of adding some shortcuts for some context menu items.
A toolbar button for "Subscribe to Feed." - That's a good idea to implement. The "Discover Feeds" button (magnifying glass) in the Sage-Like sidebar provides a somewhat similar operation.
- مقيّمة بِ ٤ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 14668936, منذ ٤ أعوامTi ringrazio molto per la risposta e anche per le migliorie apportate con gli aggiornamenti. adesso merita aleno 4 stelle e mezza. Inoltre mi scuso per non essermi accorto che la pagina di anteprima degli articoli era già possibile attivarla con il tasto destro. La quinta stella la aggiungerò quando la pagina di anteprima degli articoli si aprirà autenticamente come nel vecchio Sage perché alcune persone con disabilità come me fanno già fatica a usare un tasto del muose.
Sotto la vecchia recensione
Meriterebbe 5 stelle se come il vecchio sage avesse una pagina di anteprima degli articoli e permettesse di esportare ed importare file OPML. Comunque faccio i miei complimenti all'autore e sono certo che migliorerà. GrazieHi,
Thank you the review and rating.
You can view the preview page if you right-click on a feed in the tree-view (context menu) and then select one of the first 'Open xxxx' menu items.
I will try to find the time to work on the OPML import/export issue.
- مقيّمة بِ ٤ من ٥كتبها pd, منذ ٤ أعوامWould be great if you had a Github location for this install so we could help you improve it by logging Issues (bugs). Not so convenient in here :)
UPDATE2: Turns out it's the Content Blocking: Custom settings that are breaking feedburner feeds. They must use some sort of redirect cookie or something that my settings reject.
UPDATE: Looks like feedburner links are breaking in the current version.
Very hard to give developer feedback / document bugs without an issue tracking system. Suggestion: Github (short of Mozilla actually adding issue reporting here in AMO) ?
YES! Finally after years of waiting, the doom and gloom of WebExtensions and Quantum plus Mozilla killing native RSS ... I can now view feeds as I have done for years.
This is not just a continuation of a critical use case for me but nothing short of enabling me to finally move to Quantum's speed improvements.
Only one issue prevents me from a 5 star review: I need to always open articles in a separate tab. Is there a repo I can clone to tweak this?
So many RSS alternatives focused on the Sage newspaper-like view and or did not use the WebExtension Sidebar API. It's amazing Mozilla even supplied this API instead of butchering it like most other APIs that formerly integrated significantly with chunks of browser chrome instead of all addons relying on doorhanger panels and/or their own content tabs. This addon re-implements the exact subset of Sage functionality that I used and needed. Maybe it does more, maybe not, I'm oblivious as it does almost everything I need.
The name and logo are very nice as well, which absolutely makes a big difference.
Thank you so very much for your efforts. I've been hunting and depressed whenever I failed to find a solution. I was just about to start trying to make my own but was feeling very daunted by the prospect.Thank you very match for this review and rating pd.
As for opening articles in a separate tab, ctrl+click or middle click to open in a new tab, shift+click to open in a new window. And there is also the context menu.
I really need to write some sort of features list.