|User since||March 5, 2007|
|Number of add-ons developed||3 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Rated 5 out of 5 stars|
Add-ons I've created
Macstripe = crap Not yet rated
A theme from a company and build from professional developers and designer.
Must be a good theme, or? But why is the Mac version - the Macstripe - only crap, very strange.
Even with the nicest icons would be every theme a pice of crap, when there is not as well some attention to other details. The Mac version is the best example for a theme with no commitment.
a screenshot from the theme: Macstripe and Netstripe on Mac OSX
- the Bookmarks Manager icons are squeezed to the top window bar (very strange, not with Netstripe) it would need no time to change something like this and bugs like this shows absolutely no commitment)
- the tabs are squeezed (but as well not with Netstripe)
- why has the Windows version combined Back and Forward buttons and the Mac version not (my assumption: the Mac default theme use there different code and it would need some time to change this as well - likely to much time for Netscape)
- there is a Mac convention to use rounded corners for search bars - even the as well crappy Firefox Mac default theme respect these convention sometimes - Macstripe never
- the position from the tab and sidebar close buttons (Mac apps use generally buttons for this on the left side and not on the right side)
And there are countless others details, which could be improved with a little bit
If the Mac version from Netscape 9 shows the same over-all quality as this theme, than should be nobody from Netscape surprised when nobody else want to use it. Macstripe is crap - only crap ;-)
by the way,
that a user must rearrange the Stop and Reload buttons,
before the theme works bug free is additionally a stupid idea ;-)
A professional theme should be measured on a higher level. Therefore the zero rating, even when many parts are naturally good enough for a much better rating.
Only a zero rating and a kick in the ass is what Netscape deserves for something like this ;-)