- 評價 1 分，滿分 5 分來自 Crogon，5 年前I was shocked to see the Firefox Devs recommending a third party add-on, Smart HTTPS. Smart HTTPS is actually pretty stupid, and does not include complex rulesets. The Electronic Freedom Foundation has spent a LOT of time making sure that hundreds of the most common violators of this issue are dealt with correctly. HTTPS Everywhere may not redirect everything everywhere, but it does fix even the most complex rule breakers, like Facebook. Check out this link and click through to the Facebook ruleset for an example. https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/atlas/
The Electronic Freedom Foundation has spent a lot of time and resources developing this, and they should be congratulated. The author of Smart HTTPS should be ashamed, and ought to team up with the EFF.
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 12807278，5 年前An awesome add-on, delights me much because HTTPS Everywhere failed at a particular page where Smart HTTPS (revived) succeeded. Only one minor thing to take care of.
The icon of add-on in firefox toolbar after installation appears as old blue icon, not as the green shield one shown on this page. Please please make the toolbar icon same as on this page because I really like the green shield. 5-stars :)
However there might be some problems in some bank sites, particularly during net-banking or the last stage where you automatically return from the bank portal to the site which was paid by you.
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 Dave L，5 年前Just wanted to say thank you! As a long time user of Self Destructing Cookies, i am preparing to move to Firefox 57, and looking for replacements of add-ons that will not be updating for that version. I'll using your app concurrently on both Firefox 55 and 57. So, if I have anything helpful to add, i'll be back. So far, I love the look and feel of the app, and UI. Reminds me of my other must have add-on, Ublock Origin.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 RicRud，5 年前Dear sir, we have been waiting for you at GitHub to merge pull request.
Are you still keen on updating this for Chrome/Opera/Vivaldi?
Please let some of us know? PM me if you will. We want to see this being updated and developed for Opera/Vivaldi/Chrome too. Please let us know if you want to pass the Git on... --- ,,, But we hope that if you could keep maintaining, but also we understand if not convenient for you at this time.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 12659481，5 年前For some time the addon does not revert back to the HTTP address, it just shows an error message. Maybe a problem in combination with ublock origin and umatrix.
- 評價 4 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 13198547，5 年前Thank you developer (y)
Using pages that use self signed certificates it does insert WRONG whitelists (no SSL).
Of cause, because of let's encrypt a.o. most sites can skip this, but domains as "fritz.box" or intern IP do not work.
In my case "fritz.box" does redirect to http whereas https is possible but an incorrect certificate.
Here it would be nice to have an option in the settings to allow incorrect certs and let the user choose if he lieves the site.
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 Tim Reeves，5 年前I compared this with the much better known "HTTPS Everywhere" and find that this algorithm is much better - rather than depending on outdated and incomplete static knowledge, just try if it works, quietly revert if not. Optimal strategy. Just one little wish open: Not yet translated to German.
- 評價 5 分，滿分 5 分來自 Tristan，6 年前I've been looking to replace my extensions with WebExtension rewrites so I don't have issues once we get to Firefox 57.
Not only does this add-on support WebExtensions (which has better performance), but it's also better than HTTPS Everywhere in my opinion. Rather than using HTTPS on known sites, it actively tries to use it no matter what, and keeps track of which websites don't support it.
- 評價 4 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 13054421，6 年前currently i was using HTTPS Everywhere but the Add on stopped working with Firefox version 53. Smart Https works well, i have had no issues since installing. Its a good Add on that does what it says, i recommend it.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Felix，6 年前Hey,
is this addon compatible with HTTPS Everywhere?
What would happen, if HTTPS Everywhere normally would bypass to a special https-Site, for example http://www.google.com -to https://encrypted.google.com, but there is no simple https-Variant of that site (like http://aaa.xx to https://aaa.xx)?
Would smart https reject bypassing to the special https-Site?