- 來自 Firefox 使用者 13924985，4 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分I found UBlock to be much more professional and effectiveHi,
Ghostery 8 combines valuable blocking tools in order to provide a secure and fast web browsing experience without collecting any personal information. We have combined an Anti-Tracking Suite, and a Blocking List to ensure optimal results. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Ghostery Support at any time via Support@Ghostery.com. Here is a link that explains the new features available through using Ghostery 8:
- 來自 The Beard Below My Chin，4 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分Positives:
- Idiot-proof, works out the box
- Novice and expert mode
- Listens and responds to community
- Beautifully designed interface
- Massive blocking list.
- First install: 'Analytics and "Human Web Data"' is actually opt out which is predatory for new users.
- Smart filter allows certain ads and tracking sites (Google ads for example).
- Owned by Cliqz GmbH who profit off anonymized data collection. They have to play nice with competing advertisers and trackers.
- Proprietary closed source/ partially open source.
I suggest using these addons who have no ties to user data collection/advertising as of now:
Ublock: Blocks ads / trackers
Umatrix: Allow/deny third party elements
Cookie Auto Delete: Keep useful cookies, auto delete trash cookies.
Privacy Badger: Uses heuristic for trackers, a "light" open-source variation of Ghostery.
- 來自 FlipsTheSlayer，4 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分As good as it is, I ended up having to disable it because it was causing some incessant problems on many of the sites I frequently visit. To start with, it always blocks Disqus, a comment system frequently used all over the net and although blocking of Disqus can be disabled, even after doing that, I'm still unable to log in to DIsqus unless I completely pause Ghostery, log in, then unpause it. Even then, when I unpause Ghostery and I reload the page, I find that I've been logged out of Disqus, yet this doesn't happen when I keep Ghostery paused. It also frequently causes problems on a bunch of different websites, such as blocking captchas, making it impossible to do certain things like log into some sites or create accounts on others. I could go on and on, but long story short, it caused me too many problems than it solved, so I'll be keeping it disabled until it gets a few patches
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 13657857，4 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分Cela fait un moment que j'utilise Ghostery mais depuis les dernières versions (1 mois environ) j'ai des problèmes avec des sites (paiement en ligne rejeté, perte de session). Un site me dit que je n'accepte pas les cookies alors que je n'ai pas ce genre de blocage. Un autre me dit que je bloque ses pubs alors que dans la conf j'accepte tous les mouchards... Pour que cela fonctionne il faut que je désactive Ghostery.
Dommage mais espérons que cela n'est qu'un bug temporaire...
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 13354868，4 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分Good but I didn't understand well how does it works on the mobile version, it is really different from the PC's screenshots! So I don't know how to use all the potential of this extension!( Specially in Waterfox because in Firefox nightly it isn't so bad as the "ghostery option" in the "3 dots" still working here but not works in waterfoxThanks for using Ghostery! We can't guarantee compatability with the Firefox offshoots. But we are trying.. I'll submit this as a ticket for product updates. For more info on specific usability questions please shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get more 1:1 assistance. Thanks again!