- 來自 Kate Buckley，7 個月前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分Best of the webextension compatible RSS readers I've found so far, but not quite as good as Newsfox was.
Bulk applying settings to all feeds in a folder would be useful, and so would being able to put a feed in more than one folder.
Oh and "mark as read after seconds" would be nice.
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 13715371，9 個月前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分When I try to dismiss new items, they keep repopulating. I never know when new feeds are available because I keep getting notified about feeds I have already seen.
EDIT: the URL is [https://nrhtx.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?&limit=mc-loc%3A%22NEWDVD%22&count=50&sort_by=acqdate_dsc&format=rss]
開發者回應張貼於 9 個月前EDIT: thanks for the link. Please open that in a normal browser tab so that you can see that elements don't have [pubDate] or [dc:date] tag (which they should have since the feed claims to be RSS 2.0). Due to this Feedbro generates timestamps for the item (article) entries. But when you delete such loaded article, Feedbro has no way of knowing whether the article was loaded before (because it's now removed from the Feedbro database). This is why Feedbro downloads the article again.
Solution: don't delete articles that are provided by such feeds (that don't have datestamps).
What's the feed URL? If you are deleting articles and the feed does not date stamps for the articles in the XML, that can happen.
- 來自 Clément，10 個月前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分Sad that it does not work with MacRumors. Pretty cool for the other news websites I use. Thank you!
開發者回應張貼於 10 個月前Works fine on http://feeds.macrumors.com/MacRumors-All - what URL doesn't work?
EDIT: user found out that the reason for this was that they had Firefox's standard "HTTPS-Only" mode on and that MacRumous feed supports just HTTP. Even disabling the requirement for the site doesn't help because apparently HTTPS requirement is still enforced for every URL using XMLHttpRequest API that Feedbro uses.
Bug report has been submitted: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1692811
- 來自 ArtEze，1 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分It does not work in Basilisk 2018, but it does in Firefox 56. Edit: Thanks for the link, it's interesting ... The 3 stars, on top of that, is my balance between that and other features, as the gmail feed throws permission denied in a high version of Firefox. Most WebExtensions work fine in Basilisk 2018, and I wish I could use FeedBro in Basilisk as it is better styled than Bamboo, and I downloaded all 17 versions but none worked.EDIT:
1. You need to be logged on to Gmail for it (the Atom feed) to work
2. As said, Basilisk never had a proper WebExtension support - it doesn't support the needed APIs
AFAIK Basilisk never even officially supported WebExtensions - the support was experimental, not fully complete and functional and was dropped in January 2019. Did you base your 3 star rating on that?
PS. Given the number of security issues in all browsers, we would not recommend using browser versions that are so old.
- 來自 Cathy，1 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分It's a very usefull extension. But Idon't understand why regulary all feeds disapeared and I need to import again my feeds...
Further your answer (sorry I can't find any button to answer ?) : I am in MACOS just parallels tools with a cleaner but only to clean cache, trashbin...
- 來自 Oscar Romero，1 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分I didn't realize until after months of using Feedbro that many of the feeds I have added are not loading. I have tried right-clicking and choosing "update" with no luck. However, when I click on "preview," I am able to see the feed. Still, that same feed won't load. This is not the case for all my feeds. There are many that work fine. As I have been trying to fix this problem, it seems to me that most, if not all, of the feeds I have a problem with, when I look at "Properties," they always end with "feed." The ones that end with rss.xlm (I think that's it) are fine.
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 15950945，2 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分Right-click options do not work for me in the feed tree on the left side, just the normal menu with Firefox options "Reload tab" etc. and several other things show up but nothing concerning Feedbro. So it is not possible to change the settings for the number of entries wanted for several feeds for example and I cannot see this setting anywhere else, the general settings only give the option for a maximum of 100 entries for feeds but no option for differentiating the entries for single feeds as far I can see
Smart as I am I think that I have found a workaround :-) Going through Statistics > Properties one gets the same window as when creating a new feed with the options for the maximum number of wanted entries etc. but is this the way meant to be ? Another option would be to delete single feeds and create them again with new settings but this would be annoying of course so the main thing "right-click does not work in the feed tree here" remains in spite of this workaround
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 14727022，2 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分I liked it to start; but, it skips articles, so, I need to check the original website. So, it doesn't really end up saving me any time. Perhaps there is some setting I need to change?4.5.1 has a fix for the Firefox bug related to Date parsing. We also previously added proper support for XML feeds that are in "oldest first" order. Those two fixes should eliminate the skipping problem.
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 13020120，2 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分I've used this extensions for at least an year with Firefox for Windows, Linux and macOS and it does a good job. It has a problem with the contextual menu for a feed. On Linux and on macOS, it disappears as soon as I raise the right mouse button (or I raise my hand after a 2 finger press). Keeping the right mouse button pressed and selecting an entry doesn't work either.
開發者回應張貼於 2 年前"NOTE 3!: Firefox 66+ on Linux and MacOS has a regression bug that messes up feed tree right-click menu. Workaround: open about:config and set "ui.context_menus.after_mouseup" to true."
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 12442412，3 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分this extension has great functions，but It's a disaster when indexdDB error comes to me(many times) ，even though I refreshed firefox at about:support, it still comes to me after a while（didn't update firefox），btw my firefox version is 68.0b7 (64 bit)
I hope this extension could be stable , and if this problem can't be fixed, I only have to turn to inoreader= =
- 來自 untrained，3 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分I had high hopes for this extension but the interface feels really clunky and unintuitive. I'm providing this feedback hoping that at least some of these points can be improved in future updates.
- I keep expecting to be able to right click an entry in the article list to display a context menu to mark it as unread/read, mark this and all previous articles as read/unread, star, etc., but this opens it in a new tab instead and I see no way to change that functionality.
- For some reason sometimes when trying to switch between feeds by clicking on one the first click only highlights the feed and a second click is necessary to actually switch to it, this is intermittent though. (This may have something to do with having two Feedbro tabs open and adding a new feed on one of them)
- Selecting "Show only unread articles" doesn't refresh the list so it initially seems like it's not doing anything.
- When changing the "Feed entry content" it's not obvious that only new articles will be effected so again, this initially appears to do nothing.
- When using the Dark theme, if using the full article view and the page includes hard-coded dark fonts the text is almost invisible.
- The Feedback link for the Firefox extension for some reason brings me to the Chrome Web Store instead of the Firefox Add-ons page.
- The tooltip for marking an article as read reads "Mark this entry read/unread - Shortcut: m" but this seems to only work intermittently, if it stops working refreshing the page allows it to work again.
- It's great that this supports keyboard shortcuts, but for some reason arrow keys aren't used. I would expect to be able to move through the list of articles with arrow keys.
It's obviously not all negative though, I was surprised that this RSS reader supports custom rules and I love how much control this gives me to change what is displayed. The functionality to search for RSS feeds in the current page is simple but also very useful.
- 來自 laclac1，3 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分Very good but this addon has an important problem for me. The folders aren't visible in the popup. You show a list of latest articles in the popup but everything is mixed and it's not sorting by folders. It's disappointed. I change by 5 stars if the folders are used in the popup. I will use feeder while waiting :(
- 來自 Nibinaear，3 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分It seems to work fine but seems to be missing a vital feature: search engine. I would like to find news articles with various keywords but there is no way to do it.
It seems to do tags, but this just lets you bookmark a news article using a word to go back to later.
- 來自 atomizer，3 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分while Feedbro is the best WebExt feed reader i found so far, it hardly compares to NewsFox - it lacks advanced sorting options and a NF-like 3-pane UI. while the developer seems to insist that his way is better, it isnn't, at least not for everyone
another annoyance is that FB doesn't cache the icons for the domains and, instead, queries Google *every* time it is started - why? why not pull the favicon from the root domain when the feed is refreshed and cache them?
it is also annoying that the developer uses a combination control to select feed refresh times with no "never" option - why not just use a simple numeric input control and let users specify the time, or '0' to disable auto-refresh?
i also wonder about the ethics of the Nodetics given they apparently don't publish the source code nor make available a proper issue reporting platform - why not put the code on GitLab? trying to hide something? the developer once told me that the source code is available in the package - of course it is, so why not publish it and why the restrictive license?
i also tried to contact the developer twice with a question about applying custom CSS and never received a reply
let's see if they reply to my nasty-gram...
- 來自 Cool Franz，3 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分It looks nice (although definitely leaves room for improvement).
Unfortunately it doesn't sync among different instances. I think this is a major drawback.
Hopefully it will get implemented soon
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 11391270，4 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分Too little configuration options for the popup.
I want to have the feeds grouped by source in the popup. In subfolders. And I want to display all feeds in the popup. Just like the regular live bookmarks by Mozilla.
Unfortunately, the author did not integrate such basic functionality. I'd really appreciate a more sophisticated and customizable popup. But as is, the original Firefox live bookmarks + LiveClick is still a hundred times more convenient than this addon.
Answer to author response: No, this can still be very good UI design. Have you tried out Firefox live bookmarks + LiveClick? You could click the bookmark popup and saw everything you needed in one single popup. You didn't have to open a new tab just for the feed overview. It was a dream. Unfortunately, Mozilla set everything on fire and LiveClick was one of the victims. Now we are looking for an alternative. But most other addons don't share the simplicity of LiveClick. They all have overloaded designs and you need to open a separate tab just to see an overview of live bookmarks. That's what I call a bad UI design.
Here is an image how you addon could be designed if you were interested in a very good UI: https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/user-media/previews/full/54/54655.pngLiveClick type view is now also available when you click the Feedbro icon and then choose "Open Explorer". It's a very simple view compared to the actual "Open Feed Reader" view but can be useful for quick peeks.
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 12792321，4 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分@ Developer(s):"Come possiamo migliorare questo prodotto?"
IT: Un' ottima estensione per FF, quindi un grande elogio agli sviluppatori e 3** di 5! 2 ** Deduzione, poiché l' intero menu è solo in inglese. Multilingue (compreso il tedesco) = 5**
DE/A/CH: Eine sehr gute Erweiterung für FF, daher ein grosses Lob an den bzw. die Entwickler und 3** von 5! 2 ** Abzug, da die gesamte Menüführung lediglich in Englisch ist. Multilingual (inklusive Deutsch) = 5**
UK: A very good extension for FF, therefore a big praise to the developer (s) and 3** of 5! 2 ** Deduction, since the entire menu is only in English. Multilingual (including German) = 5**
ES: Una muy buena extensión para FF, por lo tanto un gran elogio a los desarrolladores y 3** de 5! 2 ** Deducción, ya que todo el menú es sólo en inglés. Multilingüe (incluido el alemán) = 5**
FR: Une très bonne extension pour FF, donc un gros compliment aux développeurs et 3** de 5! 2 ** Déduction, puisque le menu complet n'est qu'en anglais. Multilingue (y compris l'allemand) = 5**
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 11640498，4 年前評價 3 分，滿分 5 分FEEDBRO is a hell of thousand tracking cookies invading privacy. Nowadays this is also a dangerous cybersecurity problem.
I tested FEEDBRO by blocking all cookies in FF. And all my feeds worked perfect at FEEDBRO. No cookies at all.
But the problem is that I need cookies enabled at FF.
So, if FEEDBRO works with cookies blocked, why FEEDBRO doesn't block cookies by it self?
In fact, in the option or settings page, FEEDBRO can block scripts, objects, applet, iframe, embed... but not cookies! Why is that?
FEEDBRO needs a simple option to load articles as text-only, or a simple option for blocking cookies. This will improve resources, and will solve privacy and security risks.
* Cookie add-ons are not working over cookies of other add-ons. Cookie AutoDelete doesn't work on FEEDBRO. I tested other different cookie addon-s and all of them don't recognize FEEDBRO as a "tab" or "window". The best scenario with these cookie add-ons is deleting cookies when FF closes, but dangerous FEEDBRO cookies might live hours and days. UMatrix is the only add-on deleting localstorage before FF closes, but is ridiculous to install 2MiB only because of FEEDBRO.
* I have more than 200 feeds, so is impossible to white-list cookies. Also, FF built-in cookies manager doesn't allow to import/export or synchronized blocked/unblocked cookies. No one is going to expend days doing this inefficient task.
** I am raising my stars qualification considering author' predisposition to: a) Solve problems b) Attend user requests c) Quick answers. Thank you.
** 2MiB is not a matter of size in the HD, but it is a huge matter of browser system resources. And in principle, isn't right to force the use of other add-ons in order to use FEEDBRO.
FEEDBRO perfectly can work without cookies. And not approved cookies are a big privacy and security issue. So, a simple option loading articles as text-only is the perfect solution. Thank you.We created an improved Cookie Manager called Cookiebro which can automatically and periodically drop unwanted cookies (also cookies that originate from WebExtension HTTP(S) requests). https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/cookiebro/
It is also possible to integrate cookie filtering to Feedbro but then it will be "all or nothing" without any whitelist/blacklist type functionality. We'll most likely add that possibility + image filtering option in the following releases.