- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Athanasios，5 個月前Everything works perfectly except for the Override function that doesn't seem to be working at all . This should be fixed asap as i have to disable use for private windows just to browse for say 10 minutes and then i have to go back and enable it again .
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 beepilicious，6 個月前It doesn't work anymore. I'm on firefox and followed the steps perfectly, yet when I visit the sites I put in the "block" section nothing happens.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 17001178，1 年前This extension is great at helping me with self-discipline. But there is one tiny detail that detracts from it a lot. It's the timer in the upper left corner. Yes, I realize if you double click on it it goes away, but you have to do this EVERY time you load a new page you haven't been to before. I find it frustrating and stressful to constantly have to remove a timer as I am using the internet. Please update the extension and make a way to permanently remove it! Thank you :)
開發者回應張貼於 1 年前If you want to get rid of the timer altogether, uncheck "Show timer over page" under General options. If you want to hide it for some block sets but not others, uncheck "Show countdown timer for this block set" under Advanced Options for those block sets.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 12797025，2 年前Works as intended, but ended up disabling it when I discovered it is the reason that Firefox is never idling. So I have many tabs, and this plugin is always keeping 10% of the CPU busy (2 processes at 5% each). Disabling the plugin makes the problem go away. My version is 1.0.7.
The workaround mentioned in the FAQ did not work: count only active tabs setting did not make a difference for me.
The reason mentioned in the FAQ for this behaviour is:
> LeechBlock reviews all open tabs every second, to keep track of how much time is spent on the sites listed in your block sets and to determine whether any sites should now be blocked.
I do not need this "feature", I just want to disable access to certain websites from 9 to 5. Since I can't disable the feature, I had to disable the addon and search for a simple one.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 12776176，3 年前Firefox 68 user here. Leechblock rating reduced to 3 stars; stops working, does not block URLs reliably. This used to be a stable and VERY useful extension, but now (Sep 2019) it stops working altogethter every few weeks (fails to block any of my specified URLs). Removing the extension and re-installing sometimes fixes the issue, but only temporarily. Hopefully a future extension or Firefox update will fix the bug causing LeechBlock to suddenly stop working entirely.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 12916690，4 年前I used to have a good experience with this addon and its older pre-FF57 incarnation, but these days it paralyses Firefox as soon as I install or enable it. Does it conflict with other addons or features e.g Firefox Containers? Firefox Sync?
running on KDE Neon (=Ubuntu)
Answering the developer: yes, I have hundreds of tabs open (most are suspended). That's probably the issue then, thanks for the advice. I'll move my rating from 2 to 4 stars as the addon itself is great.No known conflicts. Do you have many tabs open? Try selecting "Process only active tabs" under General options.
Update: v0.9.11 includes performance improvements which should make for a better experience.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 14572796，4 年前I don't know how to temporaily override blocking set.Select "Allow temporary override for these sites" for the relevant block set. Specify length of override period under General tab. Then, to activate override, select Override from toolbar menu.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 13857792，4 年前Leechblock behaves unexpectedly.
I created a block specifically for YouTube but then I wanted to modify the times. The modification remains in the options but the add-on's behaviour was NOT changed. So I decided to delete the YT block and start over. BUT EVEN DELETION DIDN'T ERASE IT! YouTube is still blocked even though it has been erased! The result is I have to disable the add-on completely to watch YouTube. Frustrating.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 12360003，4 年前Good idea but it keeps deleting my blocking options/sets. Might have to do with Firefox Sync.
My recommendation to users is to keep a copy of the URLs you want to block etc in a text file so you don't have to come up with them again! Also, always check "Immediately block pages on these sites once blocking conditions are met", otherwise this add-on is useless.
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 13612403，5 年前This extension is really great. But after closing my Firefox and open it again every blocked option on it simply dissapear and LeechBlock don't block websites anymore
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 13569155，5 年前Loved this blocker previously and always worked well. However since updating to the NG version it periodically loses all preferences I have set, and no longer blocks any pages. While I have a relatively short list of sites I want blocked, it is still rather annoying and were it to continue I would try find a better solution.Thanks for the report. Please post bug reports on GitHub so I can gather more information and track down the cause of the issue. This may be the same issue as yours:
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 DarseZ，5 年前Hello, love this add-on!
Would you be able to remove the requirement to have "Access to all data on all websites"?
It doesn't seem that you would need to require this, just the URL only...please correct me if I'm incorrect on this assumption.
Developers may say they don't use any form/login/password data but there's no way for the end user to know. Many of the revised 57+ add-ons have this blanket permission and in many cases it doesn't seem necessary...in my uneducated opinion, of course. I'm open to being schooled.
Thank you and best wishes!Happy to address this. Honestly, I'm not sure why Firefox gives that rather scary warning. It could be because LB uses a content script to display the countdown timer and warning message within the tab, over the web page. (Content scripts can, in principle, access all data on the web pages you view.) It could be because LB requests 'tabs' permission, so it can intermittently check whether block conditions are met for all open tabs, not just the active tab. I'll look into it. In any event, all the source code is publicly available on GitHub, so you can check that LB isn't doing anything untoward!
- 評價 3 分，滿分 5 分來自 Firefox 使用者 13453540，5 年前The new countdown timer is obnoxious and can't seem to be turned off. I don't need a countdown to the next time my filters are going to activate. I block all websites after a certain time of night and for this use case it's just an annoyance.