- 评分 5 / 5来自 Firefox 用户 14304524，3 年前Edit: developer responded with solution.
Incredibly irritating that using this extension, instead of opening results in a new tab, replaces the current page, and also makes it so that you can't click the back button to go back to the previous page. So if you accidentally click a search (say, after highlighting to copy-paste), then you lose the current page you are on.EDIT: Have you tried the options menu yet? Not sure if you saw this reply.
There's a short text that tells you useful things after installing the addon, but you might not have seen it, so: SSS has a TON of options that you can change! ;)
Opening searches in a new tab instead of the current one is changed in the "Popup/icons behaviour" section. Please look for "Left mouse button click" to change this behaviour. SSS opens in the current page by default since it's what Firefox does by default as well.
Regarding the back button being unavailable when opening a new search, SSS shouldn't cause this and I had no other reports of this problem before, so I suspect that some other addon or a Firefox setting could be the culprit in your case. I suggest trying to disable your other addons and/or run SSS in a clean Firefox install to see if the problem persists.
I hope this helps!
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Rugball，3 年前Great features, great customisations !
Finally a good replacement for the "smartest search" app ; I was orphan when it was over years ago...
The only thing, may be, is that it's not possible to custom the icon itself (to choose an image from an url) ; for example, I've got 2 search requests for Google Maps and the second one has got the icon of Google Search not Google Maps. May be tunable with the option "Use custom CSS formatting (experimental)" ?Hey there and thanks for the review! :)
Usually you just have to change the "icon URL" to the image that you want. Did changing the icon URL not work? For example, you can use this for the new Google Maps logo:
By default SSS uses the faviconkit website, and they seem to have a Google Maps icon that is the same as the main Google one.
Please let me know if something else is wrong via email or the Github issues page. (Unfortunately I may not be notified of updates to these reviews.)
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Perch，3 年前Will the Google translation need to configure manually to auto detect language to what ever your language there no option todo that but little bit tweaking on the url (#pl to #auto) (your language en (english) to what ever you like) then the google translate is now work perfectly.Hi! Based on your review I actually tweaked the default Google Translate engine for the next update. It now uses the "auto" parameter and translates to english, instead of my previous example. ;) You won't see this change (unless you reset the engines) since you've already customized things to your liking, but new users will get a more useful engine, so thanks!
- 评分 5 / 5来自 prempatel8，3 年前Tip - if you want to remove the shortcuts associated with this extension remove them from it's Options page and from the Firefox Manage Extension Shortcuts page.UPDATE: Very happy that you solved this! :) Thanks for the review!
For other users: changing the shortcuts from Firefox's "Manage Extension Shortcuts" menu doesn't work for SSS right now, so you must use the addon options page. That's because.....I didn't know that that menu existed!
I'll try to deal with this in the future.
- 评分 5 / 5来自 Ftfk，3 年前edit: my "request" was actually already a built-in feature.. nothing else to add, this is a great add-on.
This should be a default feat of firefox, very useful.
One request : I've like 5 languages translation from google translate, all appear with the same icon. The half second wait (x4) for the name of the shortcut to appear when hovering with the mouse is too long...
It would be nice to customize the icon, or add a caption. All could be saved with the "export" feat.
Thanks for this appHi there! Thanks a lot for the review. :)
You can already customize the icon URLs however you want. ;) Simply replace the default icon URL with a link to any image on the web and SSS will download it, resize it to a small size, and save it as data, so it doesn't have to download it again.
I hope this helps!