- 来自 Firefox 用户 13939982，9 个月前评分 3 / 5J'ai un soucis avec certain site par exemple, https://www.malekal.com/osfmount-monter-et-convertir-des-iso-img-bin-dd-nrg-afd-vhd/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=osfmount-monter-et-convertir-des-iso-img-bin-dd-nrg-afd-vhd où il manque pratiquement la majorité des images dans le PDF généré. Cela me fait pareil avec Print Firendly and PDF. Est-ce que c'est normal? Quelqu'un rencontre les mêmes problèmes que moi avec ce site?
- 来自 jake，2 年前评分 3 / 5This extension would be quite nice, IFF the page content wouldn't near-always print over the page header and footers.
Now the extensions seems to offer 2 methods to combat above behaviour, both of which fail to work for me:
Simplify seems to honor these settings, but deletes a bit too much for many pages.
Using the Options page in the tools submenu seems to offer the option to set content margins, but is ignored. Even unsetting headers/footers does still print headers and footers, even if firefox is restarted between save and print attempt.
Example page for rendering: e.g.
Note that the pre-quantum print-edit was an excellent add-on for most of the (saner) web pages.
- 来自 miguelk，2 年前评分 3 / 5Thanks for this. Very sophisticated, however, I'm looking to print the images of videos on a web psge as pdf or directly to my printer. It seems that FF does not support this (Edge and Chrome do). When I print preview a web page with a video playing all I get is a blank or black box where the video should be. I was hoping your addon would allow this, but I think this a an underlying flaw in FF by design. Please advise. Thx again.
(I have reset my pc, installing FF from scratch)There are some pages where the embedded videos are not displayed in Firefox's print preview. The same thing happens in Chrome, but perhaps with different pages or not as frequently. Please can you provide a few links to pages where this happens to allow investigation of the specific problems you are experiencing.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 14614025，2 年前评分 3 / 5I loved Print Edit before the big upgrade a few years ago. The new features may be a big hit with some users but I just like it better when it's working. I'm using it on a Windows laptop (the most recent version.) Now it will only print the first page of your edited document. This is a big problem. Can you re-release the old version under a different name or something?This issue is not caused by a bug in Print Edit WE and does not happen if you use Print Edit WE in Chrome. Unfortunately, there are known bugs in Firefox's print preview and print functionality that result in only the first (or first few) pages being previewed and printed. These bugs have existed for many years. However, there is a workaround in Print Edit WE - click on the 'Tools' button and select 'Fix Page Breaks'. This will fix the issue for most (but not all) pages.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13457300，2 年前评分 3 / 5Does what it's supposed to 90% of the time. saving as .pdf. BUT trying to save as .html web page brings a "cannot save as web page unless version 12 or later is installed." Installed version is 23.2. WHAT?The message actually says: "To use the 'Save As HTML' feature, 'Save Page WE' (version 12.0 or later) must be installed and enabled.
This means that you must install the 'Save Page WE' add-on (version 12 or later) in order to use the 'Save As HTML' feature in Print Edit WE.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13943832，3 年前评分 3 / 5The new version of this add on is much too complicated. There is no way to quickly toggle back and forth between print preview and edit mode.
And sadly, it may be the way that web design is going that keeps the extension as complicated as it is. It should be much easier to keep the unique printable content -- in other words the "article" on a news page or blog, and ditch the rest.
- 来自 onix，3 年前评分 3 / 5Very disappointed by new requirements to access ALL data on websites. Doesn't anyone else see this as a huge security breach?
UPDATE based on DW-dev's comments: I was not aware that the legacy Print Edit has such broad access. This is alarming. So in the vein of correcting these ills, the default Firefox permissions do not give me comfort. For example, does PE WE have access to my financial institution's open website in a separate tab, when I'm interested in printing a New York Time's article in my current tab? While I have no reason to question your word, it's hard to know and feel comfortable with what is going on beneath the surface. PE WE could be scraping all my website data, and I would never know.Legacy add-ons, such as the original Print Edit, had greater permissions than Print Edit WE.
The permission messages that you see when you install an add-on are generated by Firefox. These permission messages are based on the permissions specified in the add-on manifest file. These permission messages are broad-brush and do not give a detailed insight into the operations performed by an add-on.
- Print Edit WE only asks for the permissions it needs to perform its functions.
- Print Edit WE saves the configured options in your Firefox profile on your computer.
- Print Edit WE (when you use Save As HMTL or Save As PDF) saves the page you have edited in the location you choose on your computer.
- Print Edit WE does not send any data to the developer or to third parties.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13549423，3 年前评分 3 / 5Ganz ehrlich: Print Edit war einfach besser! Unkompliziert und machte das was ich wollte!
Die neue Version für FF 57 macht mich nicht (hoffentlich noch nicht!) glücklich. Zu umständlich, die zu bearbeitende Seite geht in einem neuen Tab auf, wenn ich diesen Tab nach erfolgreicher Druck-Aktion wieder schliessen will, muss ich das in einem Alert-Fenster zuerst bestätigen...
Gewisse Seiten lassen sich erst gar nicht mehr bearbeiten...
Ist zwar immer noch besser als nichts, aber ich wäre wirklich sehr dankbar, wenn die einfache Funktionalität der alten Version wieder zu haben wäre!
Danke für die Arbeit, ich schätze das kostenlose Tool ja grundsätzlich sehr!
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13528986，3 年前评分 3 / 5I loved the old Print Edit and used it numerous times daily selecting Web Style to print online receipts. With the new WE version, when selecting Web Style for the edit, all information a receipt should contain is blank. I now have to use the snipping tool to print what I need and it takes so much longer I must rush so the page does not time out.
Another "new and improved" that is just new and the opposite of improved.
- 来自 oldFox，3 年前评分 3 / 5The 'old' Print-Edit was for me one of the most useful and accomplished FF add-ons. Given the reviews here I have NOT (so ignore the 3 stars - just entered as a neutral rating because field is required) tried the WE version because it is obvious it has some significant problems but it is also equally obvious these problems stem not from the add-on developer but from FF itself, as the FF developers increasingly lock down FF into a sort of paranoid uber secure - well, what? FF used to be all about the ability to customize it to one's liking but that ability is all but gone. I'm seriously thinking about what other browser to use (WIndows) but the field is limited and unattractive: Chrome (bloatware), IE (thanks but no thanks), etc.
Which leaves FF. So isn't the thing that we should be berating FF for its regressive changes rather than having a go at Print Edit's developer, who is doing his best under trying circumstances not of his own making?
Oh, and by the way, any FF supporters out there who say the current FF is better and/or why would I not want a more secure FF: the answer is I want adequate security, not Fort Knox.
Edit: DW-dev: thanks for your response. Seems I can't add a response under yours so mine will have to go here, as an edit. The three stars remain because, as I said, the FFFs (roll your own on what the third F stands for) require an assessment so I went for average/neutral.
My 'review' was more about WE = less functionality and flexibility and applies particularly to valuable but complex add-ons like yours, hence saying it here.
A bit of background: I was trying to edit your code to see if I could get the Save PDF button to send the edited html stream to wkhtmtopdf, with a view to achieving the Holy Grail of saving an edited page with active embedded links (which wkhtmltopdf can do, at least for unedited pages). I know this has come up before, and your reply if I remember was that saving to PDF was a secondary function and just used an internal FF PDF routine to do the save. I then came up against the FF xpi validation/signing restrictions and decided life was too short, even though there is a way of disabling signing verification by using two short js config files. But doing that probably really does leave the doors open to all sorts of nasties.
I currently use a custom button to send the url of the page (so it's the whole page) to wkhtmltopdf and it outputs a tolerable or better pdf with active embedded links over 90% of the time. But it is always the whole page, so often there is unnecessary bloat. If Print-Edit could do the same thing with the edited html that would be truly awesome!A reasonable assessment without trying Print Edit WE !!
Looking at all of the reviews, the negative points raised were:
1. Two-stage initiation sequence. Option to skip preparation stage in Print Edit WE 20.0
2. Duplicating original tab may lose some information. Necessary for integrity.
3. Page Breaks shortcut key (#) not working. Fixed in Print Edit WE 20.0.
4. Preview button didn't work. Fixed with Firefox 56.
5. Save As PDF didn't work. Fixed with Firefox 56.
6. Fix Page Breaks command missing. Will be added in next version.
7. Cannot edit Mozilla Add-ons web pages. Mozilla restriction.
8. Permissions. The original Print Edit had greater permissions.
Points 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 have been fixed. Points 7 & 8 are facts of life.