- 来自 kret，4 年前评分 4 / 5New version. Focus on site doesn't work.
I use FF 59 64-bit, switch off all adds, and still focus not working. When I use new tab (about:home), and check box focus on site, there is no focus. There is no focus on address bar, and there is no focus on new tab (about:home).
The previous New Tab Override version worked fine.Please test without other add-ons. I can't reproduce the issue. Focus on site works as expected in Firefox 59. If you still have a problem please file an issue on GitHub with more details.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13770695，4 年前评分 4 / 5The new tab extension works exactly how I like. Except I would love it if there was an option that stops the last tab from closing unless you click the close button.
Right now ctrl W will close the current tab, if you have lots of tabs open and you hit ctrl w several times it will close them all and eventually close the browser window. It would be nice to check a box to turn this option on or off.
To prevent this from happening right now you have to go into the Firefox preferences: about:config and set the browser.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab pref to false.
BTW, being able to focus on window and usability are the main reasons this add-on is superior to all the other "new tab" type add-ons out there right now. Great Job!Thank you for your review.
> Except I would love it if there was an option that stops the last tab from closing unless you click the close button.
I don't know what this means. Could you please explain?
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13581683，4 年前评分 4 / 5I have my own page with links to all of the services I use regularly. This extension gives me the ability to instantly open a new tab that contains all of those links that I use most often.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13489682，4 年前评分 4 / 5Ich hatte vorher TabMixPlus und war sehr zufrieden damit. New Tab ist für meine Bedürfnisse gleichwertig, da TabMixPlus nach dem neuen Update von Firefox nicht mehr funktioniert. Genau da liegt auch das Problem: Ich hatte mir eine eigene Startseite gebastelt die dann bei einem neuen Tab angezeigt wird. Das lässt der neue Firefox aber nicht mehr zu. Ich kann im Add-on zwar eine lokale Seite wählen, diese wird aber nicht richtig angezeigt, da Bilder und co. von lokalen Quellen grundsätzlich geblockt werden. Sicherheit hin oder her, es sollte zumindest dem Nutzer selbst überlassen werden, ob er das will oder nicht. Mein Fazit zum "Größten Update aller Zeiten": performe Verbesserung, optische Verschlechterung, eingeschränkte Benutzerfreiheit
- 来自 owlcroft，4 年前评分 4 / 5It just works. The one little thing I'd like to see is the tab title being the actual page title (as in its HTML), rather than just "New Tab". Give me that and I'll give it the 5th star!
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13420543，4 年前评分 4 / 5Thanks I am now able to show my bookmarks file when a new tab opens. Only problem is that the field is filled with "moz-extension....." Any way to clear this field after a new tab is created?
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13256535，4 年前评分 4 / 5It does the trick, and I prefer about:home to about:newtab. My only request is that instead of going to an intermediary address (moz-extension://.../html/newtab.html) set it to the default. It works well other than that.Thank you for your feedback. There is nothing what I can do because there is no other way to override the new tab page, I have to call an extension script and this script has an URL. You have to suggest Mozilla to implement a better solution. ;)
- 来自 Firefox 用户 12940214，4 年前评分 4 / 5Now my retina doesn't burn when I click on new tab. I wish it was more responsive though.Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately I don't knwo what do you mean with "my retina doesn't burn when I click on new tab". And regarding responsive, the design *is* responsive. If you see a bug could you please open an issue on GitHub? Thank you.
- 来自 Duncan Moore，4 年前评分 4 / 5I was hoping to use this extension to open about:newtab during "Private Browsing", but I see from older replies that not all about: pages are allowed with Web Extensions. If about:newtab is allowed, could you add it?about:newtab is not allowed, maybe it will be allowed in the future. I already asked Mozilla and there was kind of agreement that it makes sense. But I don't think it will be possible in Firefox 56 and 57. But once it will be possible I'll add about:newtab to the allowed URIs.
- 来自 Jeta，4 年前评分 4 / 5In order to use Superstart extension, you can go to about:config, look for extensions.superstart.enable.searchengine.select and change the valor to true. This way, you can make work your about:superstart custom url despite the http://. It works for me. I guess this applies to other extensions.
- 来自 Adie，4 年前评分 4 / 5Great addon, although setting focus / highlighting the address URL would have been ideal for my requirements. Using this plugin in conjuction with 'New Tab Homepage' seems to resolve the issue. Just remember to install or activate 'New Tab Homepage' AFTER this plugin, as the reverse won't work.Thank you for your feedback.
"New Tab Homepage" is no WebExtension. So you could also use New Tab Override 6, it's also no WebExtension and has the mentioned feature. Then you don't need a second add-on. ;)
The WebExtension version of New Tab Override will get this feature as soon as it will be possible for WebExtensions. It will be possible in the future, probably with Firefox 57.
- 来自 batel，4 年前评分 4 / 5I use SpeedDial as my homepage and up to the latest revision it worked fine. Now my homepage (chrome://speeddial/content/speeddial.xul) no longer comes up in a new tab. I see from reading that this is no longer possible to make work. Hopefully there will be a work around soon. I've always used Firefox mainly due to the great add-ons available but it seems Mozilla is making it very hard on the developers. Nearly all of my add-on's show "legacy" with I suppose means they'll stop working in November.Thank you for your feedback.
There are no chrome:// URIs for add-ons in Firefox 57 and higher. So Speed Dial has to update the add-on and should include an option to use it as new tab page since WebExtension also can't open URIs of another WebExtensions as far as I know…
- 来自 RobertVisser，4 年前评分 4 / 5Thanks for your work on this.
In Firefox Preferences my Home Page is set to chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarksPanel.xul . This opens my Bookmarks when Firefox starts.
Before your most recent revision on August 12, I could also specify chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarksPanel.xul in the Custom URL dialogue in New Tab Override. Please restore that option (assuming Mozilla enables that option in a future WebExtensions API) or alternatively enable an option to choose the Home Page specified in Firefox Preferences.
Incidentally, in about:config email@example.com still specifies chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarksPanel.xul , it's just no longer loading when I click on the "+" to open a new tab.Thank you for your feedback.
New Tab Override 7.0 (and higher) is a WebExtension, the only allowed add-on architecture on Firefox 57 and higher (Firefox Nightly is already on version 57). WebExtensions are only allowed to use http://, https:// and a very small subset of about: pages to use as new tab page. So there is nothing what I can do for your use case. It's not possible to restore this feature.
It's also not possible to read the homepage at the moment. It will be possible again in the future, but it's not possible in Firefox 55 and Firefox 56, it will be possible in Firefox 57 at the earliest.
- 来自 Latreso，4 年前评分 4 / 5Addon now not supported localhost URL!
(thanks for very fast feedback, now waiting for update ;) )And where is your report on the bugtracker? It's really bad style to give one star reviews without asking the developer to check a possible bug or to implement a feature.
I'll add this feature again in the next update…