- 来自 majolika，4 年前评分 5 / 5Great extension! Thank for it!
But just one question: why new tabs are open right next to the active one?
It will be a good thing if you could provide an option to choose the place where new tab will be opened: right next to the active tab or after all the tabs in a row.
And one another thing: maybe you can provide an option to switch off the loading of the icons when it's in a list mode.1) The way it works today was actually implemented following a request of one of our users! Originally, it worked by loading the tab on the far right.
2) We'll be adding an option to switch favicons off for the context menu list in the next release.
- 来自 Sean Ryan，4 年前评分 5 / 5Very useful extension - thanks! A few questions:
1) Is there any chance you could automatically trim leading/trailing spaces from the selected text before passing the search terms in the associated URL? When you double-click text, Firefox always includes the trailing space and when that is passed on to the website, the required page is not loaded e.g https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/%s I've noticed that most websites themselves do the trimming, but the one above doesn't hence I'm asking for a helping hand from your extension!
2) I've noticed that whenever the Context Search sub-menu appears there's a short (tiny) delay after the menu text shows before the icons for each entry shows. Is there an opportunity here for a performance improvement in the extension, or is this actually Firefox behaviour?
3) The help text says "Right-clicking on a text area inside a web page without previously selecting some text will highlight the word under the mouse pointer". However, this doesn't happen: I've tried a number of websites and if you haven't selected text, then "Context Search" is not listed on the context menu when you right-click. I'm not hassled by this because I always double-click words, so just thought I'd let you know.
Thanks again for your hard-work - the extension out-of-the-box is great.
- 来自 Carequinha，4 年前评分 5 / 5How do I make a seach engine url if the text to be searched is in the middle of the search url? Like this: https://www.google.co.il/search?q=SEARCHTHISWORD&hl=en&sourceid=mozilla-search&tbm=isch&gws_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=3pUeWsvZIdDJwQLfm4f4Cg
- 来自 LeeU，4 年前评分 5 / 5Awesome extension! Thanks! However, I wonder where could I obtain the information (SE URL) to add new search engines? (I know you're waiting for Mozilla to provide access to installed SE so I am trying to add them myself.)
Thanks again!Hi. Thanks for your review. You usually can look at the generated URL when you do a manual search. For example, on https://www.urbandictionary.com/ when I type in "fandom", I'm redirected to https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fandom. Drop "fandom" from the URL. The URL that remains can be added in Context Search (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=).
Should you have any further problems, feel free to open an issue at https://github.com/odebroqueville/contextSearch/
Thank you for using Context Search!
- 来自 ADvi，4 年前评分 5 / 5Is it possible to import my search engines that already presents in search box?Unfortunately, this is something we can't implement right now due to technical limitations in the webextensions API. If and when Mozilla developers give us access to the search bar, we will definitely provide you with the possibility to import your search bar search engines into Context Search. For the mean time, I'm afraid you'll just have to be patient as these things can take some time.
- 来自 Anjelus，4 年前评分 5 / 5This really streamlines my browsing. Is there a way, though, to modify the Amazon search to search all departments rather than only for books? That would be perfect for me (not that I don't appreciate the book-only search).If you delete the Amazon (book search) engine you can add a new search engine with the following URL:
That gives you all results on Amazon, not only books.
Thank you for using Context Search.
- 来自 Relven，4 年前评分 5 / 5I am enjoying this addon but I am hoping you plan on adding this feature in the future. Is this function on your to do list? It would come in handy to process multiple searches without having to right click multiple times to use more than one search engine.
Update: The feature you mention is helpful but only to an extent i.e. allowing more than one set of multi engine multi tab searches? What I mean is I have a few engines I use for one type of search and then another few engines I use for another type of search. Is this possible and I am not seeing it in the settings?Your feature request will not be implemented. However, version 3.51 now includes the possibility to select multiple search engines to be used in a Multitab search. The search engines are selected by checking the check boxes between the keywords and the query string urls in the extension's preferences page. You must then not forget to save your preferences. Finally, carry out your searches by selecting the "Multiple tabs search" menu item from the context menu.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 10572342，4 年前评分 5 / 5This works good in the latest nightly. It took some time but I got the same search engines exactly as I had them in previous firefox versions. Context search is a must feature for me.
One request: would it be possible to have an option that opens search results in the same tab? Context Search X is the only one that had it but it's no longer available for 57+.
Update: thanks for adding that same tab option in version 3.19, it works great when searching from a web page. Note: there is a bug if you try hightlighting text when searching from about:support, it won't search in the same tab but it does if you open a new tab.