- 来自 Smiling Fox，3 年前评分 4 / 5Really like this add-on! But I am curious, why in the last update (June 2018) does it ask for permission to download files and read and change the download manager? An explanation from the dev would be nice!
开发者回应发布于 3 年前Hi and thank you for your review.
It requires that permission to be able to export your search engine configuration to searchengines.json in a reliable way. The downloads API is not used for something else.
Thank you for using Context Search!
- 来自 Todd Schmidt，4 年前评分 4 / 5Still giving high rating as expecting you'll get the recent memory hog issue fixed. I went through and disabled, enabled add-ons individually until confirming this one is causing massive memory usage. At some point, it completely freezes Firefox. This is a new phenomenon and will be missing your useful addon until you've got it fixed.
- 来自 scottsan，4 年前评分 4 / 5I couldn't figure out why my Firefox memory usage was peaking to 6500 MB on a system with 8GB of RAM...and CPU usage often hovering over 90%. After disabling Context Search version 3.66 Firefox is behaving normally. Memory usage is around 1500 MB, and memory usage and CPU usage is under 10%.
AVOID VERSION 3.66!!
Glad to see the developer has taken the buggy version down. Otherwise this addon is very handy and version 3.65 works just fine.I have disabled version 3.66 until further investigation is carried out. Please let me know whether you are reverted back to version 3.65 automatically (or upon checking updates for the addon). Thank you and we're sorry for the trouble caused by version 3.66.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13845637，4 年前评分 4 / 5Hi,
I am using Firefox Quantum 58.0.2 (64-Bit), German version. After one of the last updates all ContextSearch favicons are gone. I hope this will be fixed.
Will there be a German localized version of this useful addon?
- 来自 infinium，4 年前评分 4 / 5Nice extension, thanks for all the work you've put into this. A few problems and suggestions: first, for some reason the search icons don't seem to load (58.0.2), they used to load sometimes but now it doesn't work at all - it seems that the addon tries to download them every time you open FF, why not cache them instead? Second: if possible make the context search menu appear when dragging the selected text some distance so you can drop it over a context search option (the old QuickDrag addon used to do this I think, before FF 57 destroyed the old addon capabilities). Thanks.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 12863718，4 年前评分 4 / 5Hey! How do you add searches which uses php?
They are only ones i cant figure out
I dont know how to add second part &do=search&subaction=search
if i dont search does nothingI would need to know more about the website you want to search, because it looks like there's some routing process going on, but I'm not sure. Basically, I think you need to find out more about the combination of actions and sub-actions available. Each specific website may have its own combinations.
- 来自 Archy，4 年前评分 4 / 5Thank you so much for this add on. This is really what i were looking for for a long time...
But there is some issues as one of that has mentioned below;
if you choose "Search engines icon grid mode", right click dissappears for all situations, all pages.
For example i need to use "copy selected links" add on to get download links for stg . with right clicking on that selected text but it is not possible because of Context Search add-on.
On the other hand i did not get what is the purpose of selecting or not selecting search engines in the setting page.
Add-on lists all search engines whether if you check that checkbox or not.
And the last one; this is less relevant problem for a search site; when a selected text-word that contains a "nsbp" space character Context Search sends that text too (for example '''-Google is a search engine-''' in this sentence if i double click on the 'Google' i will be selected this "Google " with a space character) and the search site tries to search that word with a %20 that stands for that space. So if you can add a feature to add on to ignore the latest space character; this problem will automatically be solved.
Thank you so much1) We have plans to improve the use of the icon grid mode: we're looking at other ways of launching the grid.
2) After selecting search engines using the left most check box, you have to save your preferences using the "Save preferences" button. Thereafter, the context menu list will only display the search engines that you have checked, and you won't lose any of the other search engines in case you'd like to add them at a later stage. If not, you're always free to remove them. We're trying to give our users maximum flexibility.
3) This has been addressed in the next version which will be released around X-mas time.
Thank you for your review.
- 来自 Demilvx，4 年前评分 4 / 5It's great, but there's an issue - when the grid layout is enabled, it completely disables right-clicking anywhere else on websites (e.g. on images). When disabled, right-clicking works again. Please improve this.
- 来自 MarkShephard91，4 年前评分 4 / 5Great extension, but in my opinion it would be perfect if in the popup menu instead of using the right mouse button would be directly with the left. Youtube in popup menu does not appear in the normal yes. Then enter the option in the normal menu to hide the 3 items (Multiple, Search, Options).Thank you for your review.
We're constantly looking at ways to improve Context Search.
Your idea about activating Context Search with the left mouse button is definitely a good idea. Since it will take quite some work and at the moment we have more urgent issues to tackle, this won't be available any time soon (if you know how to code you're welcome to submit a pull request).
The option to hide the 3 items has been added in the latest version of Context Search.
Thank you for using Context Search.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 7100302，4 年前评分 4 / 5Coming from Context Search X I'm glad there's a worthy alternative.
I have a SUGGESTION regarding the url connection to the favicon service via proxy:
why not make a call ONLY if a new search engine has been added by the USER?
And store all favicon/pics so no further calls are needed.
And if you also include an option to disable all (further) URL calls to whatever destination (proxy or not), maybe everybody would be happy (I hope).
- 来自 Firefox 用户 11478734，4 年前评分 4 / 5When selecting a text (left button key-up), and without clicking the right mouse button, there could be an option to show already the icons. In this case, right clicking would still show the menu list.Your idea about activating Context Search when making a selection is definitely a good idea. Since it will take quite some work and at the moment we have more urgent issues to tackle, this won't be available any time soon (if you know how to code you're welcome to submit a pull request).
Thank you for using Context Search.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13346095，4 年前评分 4 / 5EDIT: Thanks to the developer for his answer and updates. I'm not fond of NC licenses, so I will stick with Context Search WebExtension (and I like their idea to directly use bookmarks).
The "Custom License" is completely empty, and there is no link to a source code repository.
Up to version 3.14 it was under GPL, which is great. Why did it changed? Where is the source code?
Is this now a closed source software which will retrieve and handle all our private browsing data with "care"?...Hi, we're now using Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. You can see that here: https://github.com/odebroqueville/contextSearch/blob/master/LICENSE.md
You can see the source code here:
I've added a link to the issues on GitHub as the support link and a link to the source code repository as the addon startpage link.
If you like my answer, please consider to update your review rating. Thank you for using Context Search!
- 来自 Firefox 用户 5926074，4 年前评分 4 / 5Searching within the site is also available, and I am thankful.
Can not you remodel below?
1. When displaying the context menu, please position Context Search at its top position.
2. Context Search breakdown (Search this site with google, Option, Google, Google Maps, Bing .........) is displayed, but "Search this site with google" and "Option" I want to move to the bottom.
3. Do not move the cursor to a breakdown and want to be able to search with the default search engine at "Context Search" position.
As mentioned above, thank you for your consideration.