- 来自 Oreoreo，1 年前评分 2 / 5So the extension is independent from the app in Windows? I'm so sick of entering password every time I launch the browser, even I have the desktop app unlocked in Windows.Hey Oreoreo!
Yes, this extension is (currently) independent from the desktop app. We’re working on integrating it with the desktop app though, so keep your apps up to date and stay tuned!
In the meantime, if keeping it unlocked is crucial for your workflow, you can install 1Password Classic instead: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/
- 来自 Brunis，1 年前评分 2 / 5I read the 2-3 star reviews about auto-popping to save passwords and i have the same problems, i read the solutions about keeping it unlocked, but that doesn't help, it's just too user unfriendly. I can't be expected to maintain 1000 logins manually in a userinterface that requires me to log in every time.. it's just a nightmare.Hey Brunis,
You can adjust 1Password’s auto-lock settings so it would remain unlocked for as long as your browser is open. Simply right click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser and select “Settings”, then adjust the auto-lock settings as you see fit.
We’re working on an integration feature that would allow 1Password to remain unlocked even if you quit the browser, so stay tuned :)
- 来自 Sander，1 年前评分 2 / 5On its own, the plugin works, but that's just it. 1Password desktop is unlocked, but the browser-plugin isn't. I have to login twice (both desktop and browser separately). I am forced to use two separate shortcuts and wait for newly generated passwords to be synced to the other instance which is RIGHT THERE...
Switched back to the old plugin, which works much easier. Please fix this and make it 1Password instead of 2Password...Hey Sander!
Thank you for the feedback and suggestions there.
When working with 1Password in your browser, you’ll want to start and end your workflow in the browser. No need to open or use the desktop app at all!
Also, you’ll be happy to learn that we are indeed currently working on integrating with the desktop app, and when that happens you will be able to unlock only one of them and the other will unlock as well! Not to mention it will add Touch ID / Windows Hello support and more :)
Keep your apps up to date and stay tuned.
- 来自 istrasci，2 年前评分 2 / 5Will not work in Linux which is where I primarily need it. When I click the toolbar icon, it just gives me a blank moz-extension:// page. Works fine in Windows.Hey istrasci,
1Password X should definitely work in Linux! Sounds like it is having troubles initializing in your browser.
We’d love to help you with this. Feel free to email us all the details to email@example.com and we’ll get on the case!
- 来自 Peter，2 年前评分 2 / 5Real pain that it doesnt work with classic 1Password, would really want to be able to install the legacy extension again to be able to use small tab window, instead of 1password opening slow in a full brower tabHey Peter,
Thanks for the feedback!
If you’re using a Mac, you can integrate 1Password X with the desktop app just like the old extension does and enjoy both worlds: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/#to-integrate-with-1password-for-mac
Or, you can simply install the old companion extension and remove 1Password X altogether: https://1password.com/browsers/firefox/
If you’re having any issues, feel free to email us for help: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 来自 Gabriel，2 年前评分 2 / 5Poor user experience. I use this extension for work, where I have a single sign on provider, so I use 1password around once or twice per week. This means, every time I open 1password, my SAML SSO session is expired and 1password fires a new tab immediately to sync the changed passwords, completely disrupting my work. Editing an entry within the extension is also a no-go, it opens a pop up (where I have to log in again). I would expect to do more stuff within the extension and less stuff in a new tab, if I want a new tab I wouldn't use the extension. Copying the password is harder than autofilling (I would expect a keyword shortcut), but autofill sometimes auto submits, which makes it a very poor experience, especially when the form has other fields that 1password is not capable of filling. I only use this for work purposes.Hey Gabriel,
Sorry to hear you’re having troubles with 1Password. It sounds like you have your Firefox set to clear its cache every time you close the browser. 1Password stores your account information and session in the local storage of the browser, which is deleted when you clear the cache, so 1Password will pop up the next time you open the browser and will ask you to sign into your account again.
As for the other issues, I’m sure we can help you resolve them as well! Feel free to email us all the details to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
- 来自 Genghis，3 年前评分 2 / 5Sometimes it cannot load all my vaults, but after reinstalling, it will recover. So I have to reinstall it periodically.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 15273621，3 年前评分 2 / 5I really like 1Password as a service, but this addon is severly lacking. The overall functionality is there, but several small hiccups make it rather cumbersome to use.
1) It displays a little icon in form fields that you can press to access its functionality. When 1Password is locked (after inactivity) clicking this icon does not in fact open 1password, but displays the message "use ctrl+period to open password". Why would I click the icon if opening 1password wasn't already what I wanted?! Maybe this is a security feature, I don't know? But then make the icon reflect whether 1pw is currently locked or not, so I don't waste time clicking this icon when most of the time doing so achieves absolutely nothing.
2) The 1pw dropdown interferes with firefox' native dropdown in annoying ways. After about one year of usage I still haven't figured out what makes the 1pw dropdown appear and what not.
3) Sometimes when the 1pw dropdown opens up, it makes the whole page jump/move vertically. What's that about?
There are other glitches like this depending on how sites are programmed. Sometimes it's 1pw filling in the fields that makes the whole page jump too.
4) As others have said: It would make a lot more sense if a new password could be saved AFTER the sign up process on a site.
5) There is no way to customize the password generator as there is for exampe in the Android app. If the suggested password doesn't meet the site's criteria you're out of luck using the generator.Thank you for sharing! I’m happy to address the issues you mentioned.
1. I appreciate this feedback. The Ctrl+Period shortcut does open the 1Password X pop-up, but I agree that it’d be nice to have the ability to unlock 1Password X directly from the inline menu.
2. It sounds like you’re wanting to use Firefox’s autofill feature as well as 1Password. They can interfere, but we do have a way to disable the 1Password X inline menu if you’d prefer. To do so, turn off the “offer to fill and save passwords” option on the 1Password X settings page.
3. I haven’t heard of any reports of this, so I’d love to know when/where that happens. Do you experience it only on a certain website or does it happen on all sites? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. This request is on our radar, although determining whether a user has successfully signed into a site has given us some trouble in the past. In the end, we took the most reliable approach to save a Login before moving on to the next page. Not only that, but we need to capture the credentials on the page before moving onto the next, and if we don’t offer to save until moving onto the next page, those credentials need to be stored somewhere. I wouldn’t agree that’s the most secure option, but it’s something we’ll keep in mind as we build future versions of 1Password.
5. We do offer a full-featured password generator within the 1Password X pop-up. To get there, you’ll want to click the + button then click Password Generator. Here’s a video that shows how to access it: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com-agilebits-users/kaitlyn/password_generator.mp4
These are fantastic pieces of feedback, so I’m really glad you shared them. If there’s anything else we can help you with, please don’t hesitate to reach out via email.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 15268412，3 年前评分 2 / 5It works fine for what it does, although usability with Firefox is not as good as it is in Chrome. But the one thing that really grinds my gears. I use 1Password for work passwords. I only want to sign in to 1Password on my work machine. I share the same Firefox account on all my machines. I DO NOT WANT 1Password popping up a new tab asking me to login EVERY TIME I OPEN MY BROWSER. It's like when you're reading an article and you get two lines in and suddenly a popup appears asking you to subscribe to their newsletter. It is super annoying.Do you happen to sync your extensions in your Firefox account? That would be my first guess. I’m curious how usability differs between Chrome and Firefox. They should be using the same codebase, so I wonder what you like more about 1Password X in Chrome. If you’d like to share your opinions with us, please do – email@example.com
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13621827，3 年前评分 2 / 5bugs: 1.press Ctrl+period according to the hint,but cannot unlock it. This function has no problem at chrome.
2.When it comes websites with statistics in excel, 1 password add-on can cause mounse cursor dislocation on this excel.Thanks for taking the time to report these!
Both issues sound very undesirable — I’d love to get a better understanding of what’s going on. Can you send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you get back to a happy workflow with 1Password X? :)
- 来自 Firefox 用户 14661803，3 年前评分 2 / 5I love 1password, but I've had many issues with this add-on. I use Firefox Developer Edition and I frequently find that this add-on will crash, or cause the entire browser to hang.Thank you so much for reporting this. We ❤️ beta testers! I’m not a Firefox Developer Edition daily user, but I do test 1Password X on it. Does this happen on any site(s) in particular? We’d love to troubleshoot this with you. If you’re up for it, can you please send us an email with steps to reproduce the issue at email@example.com so we can get to the bottom of this? Thank you!
- 来自 Philip，3 年前评分 2 / 5Works great, but I cannot give it 5 stars. I am not signed in into 1password on my work computer and every time I open Firefox, I get the "Welcome to 1Password" tab. It is very, very annoying.Hey @Philip – that shouldn’t be happening! Would you mind sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org? I’d love to take a look at your setup to see why this is happening so we can get to the bottom of it.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 14501277，4 年前评分 2 / 5Very nice extension, but unfortunately not there yet.
Using extension on linux. Unable to select and delete mutiple contacts, unable to edit contact.
Sometimes my cpu usage gets 100% when submitting a form and I have to close browser or disable the extension to free my cpu - definitely a problem of 1Password X, when it is disabled, form submit proceeds ok.Thank you for the kind words and I’m sorry to hear you ran into some issues using 1Password X on your Linux device.
The CPU usage issue is something we tracked down a few months ago and released a fix for it in version 1.13.2 (https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/B5X#v20045). Has this been resolved for you?
Currently, the best way to delete multiple Identity items when using 1Password on Linux is to go to your account on https://my.1password.com/, select the “Identity” category in the sidebar on the left and work your way down the list.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 14351825，4 年前评分 2 / 5It pales in comparison to the 1Password + Desktop app combo. I find it often doesn't sync right away; sometimes it doesn't sync for minutes at a time. The auto-fill is also very hit-or-miss. A specific recent example: when trying to login on xbox.com, the auto-fill popup appeared, I told it to auto-fill, and then? Nothing.
Sometimes there is a delay with the auto-fill (usually upwards for 3-5 seconds). This time it just never happened, so I had to use the Desktop App plugin to do it instead.
It's frustrating because I often need to switch between a Mac and Linux environment, and 1PasswordX is the only product supported on Linux (please make a desktop app).I’m curious what other sites you’re having trouble filling on. Would you mind sending over an email to email@example.com with the website URLs so we can get it reported to our developers? We’re passionate about making 1Password X the best filling experience possible, so we’d really appreciate it.
We’re actively working on speeding things up with 1Password X, but a 3-5 second delay is plenty more than I’ve ever experienced. I’m curious what setup you have and if there’s anything we can do to improve that speed for you. Please do let us know. We’d love to help!
- 来自 Tiago，4 年前评分 2 / 5The only reason for using this one is if you're sad enough to use linux and still try to have 1password.
Otherwise the usual plugin + hostOS installation is much better.
There're many functionalities that will require you to switch to the host app anyway, it's very annoying that this (and the web version) of 1 password lack so many features.Hi @Tiago – thanks for sharing your perspective. Would you mind going into detail about what features you prefer in the desktop-dependent 1Password extension that aren’t in 1Password X? I’d like to hear more about your use case and the reason for needing to switch to the 1Password desktop app. Go ahead and let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org to make the filling experience even better. 😃
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13716826，4 年前评分 2 / 5When it works it's great. Every now and then I cannot open the extension to unlock 1password. Given that I'm using this from Linux, it means I'm completely boned.Sorry for the troubles unlocking 1Password X. There was a bug introduced with Ubuntu 18.04's ibus package which causes password fields to not focus correctly in Firefox. The 1Password X popup (which is opened by hotkey or by clicking the 1Password logo in your toolbar) can't remain open without maintaining proper focus.
Fortunately, Ubuntu has fixed the underlying issue that was causing focus issues with the 1Password popup and many websites with password fields in Firefox.
You can learn more about the issue here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ibus/+bug/1765304
I hope that helps! Thanks for using 1Password!