- bởi Fr, 2 năm trướcXếp hạng 5 trong số 5The very best addon for dictionay: I've asked a feature to the developer and he understood and found an even better solution. Be aware of privacy if you use other addons doing similar things: this addon take care of your privacy by letting you ask for a definition only if you want (the Trigger key you need to press to get the definition: I love the Shift one).
Many thans to the developer!
- bởi Mehrnoush, 3 năm trướcXếp hạng 5 trong số 5I have very good experience with this app, I think it would be great if the app has an option to show more comprehensive meaning in the popup window. Sometimes the only first meaning isn't enough
- bởi Toby, 3 năm trướcXếp hạng 5 trong số 5This Add-On should be the 1st recommendation (not just 'bumped' up to the first page) by Mozilla when anyone searches for 'definition' or 'dictionary', because it's brilliant. It's quick, intuitive, and very easy to use, yet effective at its intended task.
"Dictionary Anywhere" is definitely the best "Definition" add-on I've tried (and I've tried close to a dozen in the past week). All of the alternative add-ons that I tested were just not as reliable; and not as polished and "clean-looking" as "Dictionary Anywhere".
Thank you for providing such a useful, simple-to-utilize, yet unobtrusive, add-on for my current Firefox 'setup'. Outstanding job, meetDeveloper!
- bởi Người dùng Firefox 15317285, 3 năm trướcXếp hạng 5 trong số 5I love it!
Unless I missed it, it's a shame this extension doesn't have text options and dark mode. Add that and it's golden... or dark?
- bởi Patrice, 3 năm trướcXếp hạng 5 trong số 5Woww! Nice looking pop-up, well thought app, very simple to use (it's just a double click), there is even a button "more.." if you want to know more about a word.
It's an amazing addon which saves a LOT of time.
Thanks a lot meetDeveloper for this amazing Gem
- bởi Người dùng Firefox 15053446, 3 năm trướcXếp hạng 5 trong số 5Hi Suraj, I am enjoying your add-on very much. I have installed (and later uninstalled) several Firefox dictionary add-ons because they did not have the information displayed in a way that was pleasing to me. You seem to have nailed it -- great job!
From the previous reviews I've read, it seems you are keen on obtaining suggestions from your users. I have a few helpful ones for you to take under advisement:
1.) directly beneath the first line where you have the word's syllables, please add the phonetic spelling of the word as well. Furthermore, the screenshots you've provided seem to show a speaker icon which I assume is an audio pronunciation. This was going to be my next suggestion, but after seeing it already shown in your screen shots, I am now thinking that perhaps it is just a bug that needs to be worked out. For your diagnostics, I am running a custom stripped-down bare-bones version of Win10 Pro v.1809 which I obtained from TeamOS.
2.) I would like to be able to verify a definition as I am writing sometimes; however, it appears that the add-on does not allow the user to get a definition pop-up box from a word selected within a textbox element.
3.) many words have multiple meanings and contexts. I would like to see the definition section formatted a bit differently to reflect this fact & for clarity. Specifically, have the word's part of speech (noun, verb, adj, etc.) with it's own CSS style & color scheme indented on the first level, then on the next line & indentation level, show the definition for that particular part of speech. repeat this format for each of the possible parts of speech that any given word may have. This will allow users to ensure they use the word correctly and is a much more thorough implementation structure in my humble opinion.
4.) Finally on to my last suggestion. I would like to see a collapsible link for synonyms and example sentences listed for each word's definition on every possible part of speech variation. When the user clicks the link once, synonyms or example sentences will appear directly below the link. Click once again and they re-hide themselves. For an example see lexico.com, who have a very nice yet minimal & effective implementation of this feature.
I hope that this review proves helpful & gives you a good list of goodies to work on for future releases!
- bởi Người dùng Firefox 14615864, 3 năm trướcXếp hạng 5 trong số 5Thank you, this is an amazing add on which saves a lot of time as well clicks and it is really minimal and fast. thank you again for this add on, please keep it up to date.