- від Користувач Firefox 14117558, рік томуОцінка 4 з 5I wish i could change the size of the font and bubble, the space between rows.
Відповідь розробникаоприлюднено рік томуThank you for your feedback! (For a very quick fix for the font size, you can use Ctrl and + to increase the font size of the entire page which will also increase the size of the popup.) If you are able to file an issue on GitHub with more details that also would be very helpful: https://github.com/birtles/rikaichamp/issues
- від Docdoc, 2 роки томуОцінка 4 з 5Back in the days it was called rikai-chan and i was able to install different languages, is this still possible? How?You can switch languages for the kanji dictionary at the moment from the settings panel. I will add language switching for the other dictionaries in the next few months.
- від Користувач Firefox 14991459, 2 роки томуОцінка 4 з 5Great extension, will help you learn new words. My only problem is, it could serve it well to have some explanation about it. Took me weeks to realize it had a Name Dictionary, even longer time to decipher what uk, ok, pn, (P) etc. meant, and I still don't know what some of them mean.Thanks for the excellent feedback. I hope to make the ok, uk, pn, (P) annotations more clear in a future release after updating the database format. Currently they are simply the annotations used by WWWJDIC.
That's a good idea to help users discover the names and kanji dictionaries too. Thank you!
- від Mahabarata1234, 2 роки томуОцінка 4 з 5This is excellent. Fast and easy.
What I want is the 'top-level display' of translation/analysis only. Not including atomic or subatomic breakdown of components of highlighted items. Not that comprehensive analyses are useless. Usually, I want a quick translation. I have kanji options OFF. Still, pop-ups often take so much space that I cannot access the top-level display.
Not in the developer's purview. Abbreviations, say of government agencies and such, need the full expansion of names, like 'ABC' -> 'Absurdly Big Company' in the top-level display. I know dictionary compilation is done by others.Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm not sure I understand exactly what is included in the top-level display.
Would you mind to either file an issue at https://github.com/birtles/rikaichamp/issues or send a message on twitter (@rikaichamp) or email (email@example.com). Thank you!
- від samurai80, 3 роки томуОцінка 4 з 5Thank you very much for this porting of Rikaichan. Is there any chance you port Rikaichamp for THUNDERBIRD too ? That would be great to say the least, and I'll probably make a donation if you do so.
I've been working in Japan in a Japanese company for a long time and Rikaichan for Mozilla Thunderbird helped me A LOT. I recently updated Thunderbird just to realize that Rikaichan wasn't supported anymore. Please HELP !
PS: I tried getting the xpi file after adding the extension to Firefox and then import it into Thunderbird. While the extension is properly listed and shown as compatible in Thunderbird, it actually doesn't seem to work :/
EDIT: Thank you for the answer and happy new year :) I hope you or someone else can do something about it. Unfortunately I'm not into software dev :( If it takes less than 6 months it would be awesome !Thanks. I started digging into this a little bit today. Unfortunately it does seem like it will take time. I posted some notes that might be useful to others who want to help out: https://github.com/birtles/rikaichamp/issues/46
- від Користувач Firefox 14273877, 4 роки томуОцінка 4 з 5Nice replacement for Rikai-chan.
I only miss the lookup bar. I use the lookup bar to look up words (from other programs, printed media, etc.). As a workaround, I currently use the lookup bar from Rikai-chan in Thunderbird.
- від Користувач Firefox 13469472, 4 роки томуОцінка 4 з 5Great add-on.
+1 for the lookup bar. It's much faster to search for a word on the lookup bar -and be able to do it offline- than having to go to a dictionary/jisho website.
- від Користувач Firefox 14175714, 4 роки томуОцінка 4 з 5It seems to be better than the others, but I wonder if we can get the lookup bar that rikaisama had. I used the lookup bar mainly for Kanji. If I'd like to know about a kanji I saw on a sign or something. Also, I use it to look up names. Since Kanji has a meaning, sometimes I look them up to see what names I'd like to name a character (person). I was able to see a list of names that use that kanji. I also used it as a dictionary when reading books.
- від Користувач Firefox 12850543, 4 роки томуОцінка 4 з 5***EDIT*** July 10, 2018
Hi Mr. Birtles, I've recently updated and while it seems to work much better (thank you very much for fixing this!) I now intermittently run into an issue where the application sits in constant 'Rikaichamp loading...'. This is already noted on the Github issues tracking list however, and a simple browser restart solves it.
I will echo the sentiments of the user below this review -- I have noticed the exact same issue. The extension will not work at all until you toggle it off and back on. It is quite an aggravating issue that I'd ask the developer to please have a look at.
- від Користувач Firefox 13977066, 4 роки томуОцінка 4 з 5In the advent of forced updates being shoved down our throats due to some addons becoming unavailable and websites supporting legacy browsers more and more, this is a very similar alternative to the old, now outdated Rikaichan.
It gets the job done well enough and uses the same key bindings for the ones it has in common.
However, it lacks in quality of life compared to its predecessor.
There doesn't appear to be a way to change the font size with the text appearing a bit more bloated (and spaced) than I'd like, it removed the ability to put the frames in set corners on the screen using the "a" hotkey (I never used this personally, but was aware of it), and it doesn't allow you to change the order you "shift" through (always being word definition, kanji breakdown, names dictionary) like you could on Rikaichan.
The worst part would be that when switching to the names dictionary for Japanese, when there's so many options to fit on screen it will just make one super long column stretching off the screen instead of splitting it into two columns, effectively making half the options unreadable without zooming the page out by a good chunk.
In the end the important part is that if it works, though, which it does.Thanks for the feedback? Are you able to use Github? If so would you mind filing issues for the features you need at: https://github.com/birtles/rikaichamp/issues
Otherwise, let me know and I will file the issues.
- від Esoppe, 4 роки томуОцінка 4 з 5Very much like the original, and great for that. Missing one thing: a button (or option) that moves the pane to different sides of the screen. Because directly below the word gets troublesome when you're trying to read something that has tooltips.
Another problem I've noticed after use is that: it stops working after Firefox has been open for a while (I don't know what triggers it); and the problem is fixed when Firefox is restarted.
- від Користувач Firefox 13662223, 4 роки томуОцінка 4 з 5Seems to work fine as long as you manually turn off the "Highlight matched text" option. The option is on by default, and until you turn it off, the addon will often randomly scroll through the contents of text entry fields, and shortcut keys (e.g. to switch dictionaries or definitions) don't work properly there. Cost me several hours of frustration over the course of a month until I found out that option was causing all the trouble.
- від Користувач Firefox 13563236, 4 роки томуОцінка 4 з 5Hey, great extension, appreciate the work. One thing though, could you add a search function like the lookup bar Rikai-chan had w/ a keyboard hotkey to activate it? That would really make this add-on 5 stars.