- yazan: Sareth, 2 gün önce5 üzerinden 5 puanHey! It's me again who tried to help you yesterday or earlier today with the long message, or at least try haha.
It didn't let me respond to your message so figured I'd just leave another review.
Anyway, I just realized how dumb I actually am. I didn't realize the add-on would create another sub-menu in your context menu when you right click on an image!!
I saw the "Convert and save your images as" add-on feature! I feel like this should have been obvious for me but for some reason I went straight to the normal "Save As" and I thought it would automatically convert images from there to .png and .jpg.
So maybe others are running into the exact same problem I did and didn't realize there was another menu for it haha. At least I think so.
But yeah, right now, extension works perfectly so far!
However on Twitter it seems like when you try to save an image using the extension you have to type in file extension manually. Reddit and Facebook it seems to work fine though!
Here is the Twitter image I tried to save, but I think it happens pretty much with any Twitter image
I am going to guess where people had this problem the most in my opinion was maybe Reddit, it's so far the only place where I saw it saved images as .webp.
Twitter and Facebook by default saves the images in .png or .jpg when you do the original Save As way.
Unless of course you need more help, then I won't leave another review haha.
But yeah, good luck and keep up the good work!
Geliştiricinin yanıtıgönderilme: 14 saat önceHi there again. Thank you once again for taking your time to point this out. I can reproduce the problem and I will try to fix it within the next few days.
- yazan: Xi, 3 gün önce5 üzerinden 4 puanIt works, but every time when saving images I have to enter file extension manually, not very convenient, can you make it to add file extension automatically? Thanks.
Geliştiricinin yanıtıgönderilme: 3 gün önceThanks for your review. This is not supposed to happen could you please provide me with more information? like a link to the original image you are trying to convert and to which format you are converting?
- yazan: AshiAshi, 6 gün önce5 üzerinden 5 puanI'd love to use this extension, from the looks of it it's incredibly convenient. For this reason, I've installed it - but none of the quality sliders are working for me. I can't move them at all, no matter what I try. For as far as I can tell if I read other reviews, maybe it's because I'm using Windows 7?
[Edited after reading the response of the developer]
Thank you for taking the time to test it. Your explanation is spot on and clarifies why I can't move the sliders. The only file types I want to convert, are .bmp and .webp ones and I've set both to be converted to .png files. The rest says 'Don't convert' (though I thought it was logical for their sliders not to move, I just didn't understand why the other 2 wouldn't). I get it now. (And just to be sure, I checked and noticed that if I say I want a file to be converted into a .jpg one, I'm able to move the slider just fine.)
Thanks again for your time, and for your response. It was helpful <3
Geliştiricinin yanıtıgönderilme: 5 gün önceI have just tested the add on with firefox on windows 7. The sliders seem to work as they are supposed to. Please note that they only work for conversions to .jpg. png is a lossless format and therefore quality cannot be reduced thus the sliders are grayed out.
In other encoders you might be able to provide something like a compression level. This however changes the amount of compression applied to the image, and does not affect the image quality. Only the filesize is reduced or increased at the cost of encoding and decoding times, the content of the file will be the same. Changeing the compression level is not available in the firefox build in encoder en thus not provided.
- yazan: Sandi, 23 gün önce5 üzerinden 1 puanWhat happened to this? It worked great and suddenly stopped working in FF, the context menu is still there but does nothing.
This was amazing at converting webp to jpg.
Please fix this
- yazan: syldub, 2 ay önce5 üzerinden 3 puanVery good addon!
Could you please add the quality values beside each format slider? And give an option to always show the "Advanced" panel instead of the "Basic" panel?
- yazan: Gucciiz, 4 ay önce5 üzerinden 1 puanConversion does not work.
I've tried to convert webp to png but it still saved as a webp format.
I've also tried to save jpg using WebP image converter which 'should' convert the jpg to png, but it still saved the normal jpg format.
My firefox is the latest build 84.0.2, shouldn't be a problem right?
- yazan: Holic Shot, 4 ay önce5 üzerinden 3 puanSeems like good addon that does what it says, however, I specifically needed to convert animated WEBP to animated GIF and this addon will only convert to JPG or PNG from WEBP. If at all possible, please add this ability! I'm also not sure why this sort of addon needs permission to 'access your data for all websites.' Be careful when choosing to install this.
Geliştiricinin yanıtıgönderilme: 4 ay önceThese kind of addons require the 'access your data for all websites' to get access to the image that needs to be converted. The permission structure of add-ons does not allow for a less intrusive permission to get this information. I am looking into adding support for animated images, however this is much harder than converting a static image so I can not give an estimate when it is ready.
- yazan: gbolcer, 7 ay önce5 üzerinden 5 puanUsing Windows 10 as a platform, but any time I share a downloaded image, my friends, slack users can't use it. I've been manually converting using ImageMagick convert *.webp *.jpg, but that got tedious. This plugin is an extremely convenient workaround for what should be a setting in Firefox. Thank you!