- yazan: Firefox kullanıcısı 10782222, 2 ay önce5 üzerinden 1 puanThis site censors search results and is funded by a venture capitalist fund. If I could give DDG a minus rating I would. Don't trust me research it for yourself. There are a couple of search engines on Firefox that are private & not censored: Brave & Presearch.
- yazan: Jason DiManna, 2 ay önce5 üzerinden 1 puanSwitched from Google originally and really enjoyed. Now public statements of filtering or censoring results disappoints me. Let me be the judge of what is fake news!
- yazan: Firefox kullanıcısı 13997341, 2 ay önce5 üzerinden 1 puanAfter years of using it im done whit DDG... "At DuckDuckGo, we've been rolling out search updates that down-rank sites associated with Russian disinformation."
- yazan: Free to Decide 1971, 2 ay önce5 üzerinden 1 puanI've been a long-time user and supporter of DuckDuckGo - telling friends and family it's a great alternative to Scroogle's manipulation and data tracking. I created an account today just to write a review and voice my displeasure for DDG's new policy of censorship.
I am an adult with the capacity for critical thinking and judging for myself whether someone has provided sufficient evidence to support their claim. I DON'T need and DON'T want a search provider to cultivate, eliminate, or discriminate the results that show up when I am searching for something.
I can no longer in good conscience support DDG, and will start using a different search provider going forward. They lost my support the moment they decided to censor the free flow of information. Even if they reversed their decision tomorrow, it will take some work for them to earn back my trust and support.
- yazan: IWantPrivacy, 2 ay önce5 üzerinden 1 puanI used to really trust DuckDuckGo. You have betrayed the community of those of us who want freedom as a whole. Deciding to deem what is good or bad and then removing that you deem bad from our searches is exactly why so many of us switched from companies like Google and Facebook to you. You've just proven to the world that you too are tracking us. Why are you deciding to govern what we see? That should be up to us not you. Developers, DuckDuckGo has lost what it once stood for and fallen so far down. DuckDuckGo is now just like Google and Facebook. One of the reasons for anonymity is so that we can get information that is NOT filtered. It should be up to the end user to determine what is right or wrong. You're removing a key factory that makes us human, critical thinking! You have effectively removed that from the end user. I'm now going back to every place I've used DuckDuckGo as default search engine and changing it to something else. Sad part is I can't even trust that you want filter my searches for a new search engine that will be anonymous.
- yazan: romantic_pessimist, 2 ay önce5 üzerinden 1 puanFirst time i review an extension, and it is because it vastly undermined my trust in it. now won't be a major problem for my day to day life, but i'm not gonna embrace and wait till something i might find interesting or useful will be censored.
I'm gonna manually manage my adblock, and privacy setting, even if it suck, i find it essential for my well being to have the most extensive type of freedom i can get
- yazan: dfl, 2 ay önce5 üzerinden 2 puanI never used DDG because of the quality of the results. *Only* because it was supposed to be neutral, unlike G, which often prefers agenda to truth. Well, DDG has gone woke, so there's really no point.
- yazan: Firefox kullanıcısı 13343953, 2 ay önce5 üzerinden 1 puanUsed to recommend DDG to people and used it myself for years on all my devices. I have now switched to Brave everywhere. Privacy AND anti-censorship.
There is a false dichotomy that being anti-censorship means being Alex Jones 2.0. This makes it easy to dismiss people's complaints
Facebook censored a peer-reviewed articled published by the British Medical Journal (BMJ), one of the most respected medical journals. Lack of transparency for how something is branded "fake news" is worrying.
The most respected newspapers promoted the "WMD in Iraq" years ago. But I guess propaganda machine is cool when brown kids are killed instead of those bought by rich couple abroad (see news of kids from paid surrogacy stuck in Ukraine).
I am sure an underpaid intern knows better about what is disinformation and what is true.
- yazan: || BeeBee ||, 2 ay önce5 üzerinden 1 puanDuckDuckGo used to stand for Internet privacy. You ask us "Why You Should Care" ... guess you are right as it turns out the you don't care much no more since starting to censor search results. You have just lost my confidence reveling that you have become a player in the great narrative. Shame on you guys!
- yazan: Eliphaser, 2 ay önce5 üzerinden 1 puanI used to really like DuckDuckGo but it joins the elite club of censoring.
The best way to fight disinformation and propaganda is to demistify it, argue it, present it and talk about it, analyse it and present the reality. This is not what DuckDuckGo seems to value. They would much rather down-rank searches from Russian media than let people forge their own opinions on the reality at hand.
A search engine taking party in a conflict is not just a political issue, but a poor sign that the search aspect only responds to what the owners of the engine want you to easily find rather than to leave you with an unfiltered list of what you are really looking for.
Currently, DuckDuckGo's search effectiveness on controversial topics now prove to be similar to that of Google's, with a little bit more privacy powdered onto it. Not exactly worth using anymore, and I certainly don't think they are trustworthy for quality searches if they do things like that.