För att prova de tusentals tillägg tillgängliga här, ladda ner Mozilla Firefox, ett snabbt och gratis sätt att surfa på webben!Stäng
Välkommen till Firefox tillägg.
Välj bland tusentals extrafunktioner och stilar för att göra Firefox till ditt.Stäng
Om detta tillägg
Amazon's S3 is storage for the Internet.
First, Legal Issues:
* I AM NOT HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FILE LOSS OR ANY DAMAGE DUE TO THIS EXTENSION. INSTALL IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
* IT MAY SO HAPPEN THAT THIS EXTENSION MAY BE DISCONTINUED AT ANY POINT. I WON'T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT.
1. Need an Amazon s3 Services Account. You will get AWS (Amazon Web Service) Access Code and Secret Access Key on registration (Click here to learn more and register with Amazon)
2. Since this is a firefox extension, you need to have Firefox browser installed :). (Click here to get Firefox) (IE users wake up and experience the joy of browsing with firefox).
3. Ofcourse, Internet. High-speed connection is recommended.
Creating/Editing New/Old accounts:
1. Go to "Tools" menu and click on "Amazon S3". If you have an "Account" already setup, you will be automatically logged in and can see the files previously uploaded in the right panel. Otherwise, it is empty.
2. Click on "Manage Accounts" button to add an account. "Account Name" is just a name to distinguish between multiple accounts. Give the "Access Code" and "Secret Key" obtained from Amazon S3.
3. Click the "Add" button to add the account. You can add multiple accounts. Click on "Close" when you are done. Next time when you open "Manage Accounts" you will see "Save" button allowing you to edit the account. Click on "Clear" to add a new account.
4. If the information is not valid, you will see an error message. Otherwise, you will be logged in and you will see the previously uploaded files in the right panel. Click here to see the screenshot.
Managing files/folders: Easiest of all, just select the files/folders and click on the appropriate arrows to download or upload the files/folders.Click here to see the screenshot
Modifying Access Control Policies:
1. Every file/folder has "Security settings" associated with it. To modify them, right-click on the file and select "Edit ACL" option.
2. A listing of all the users and their permissions are shown. Change them accordingly and click on "Save". Click here to see the screenshot
3. To add a new user, click on "Share with" button and either choose by "By Email id" (a valid Amazon account holder) or "User id". More information can be found by clicking on this link.
4. Similarly, Users can be removed by clicking "Remove User" button.
5. To make a file/folder public, give "Read" permissions to "Everyone"(user) for that file/folder. This is quite useful if you wish to provide "hot linking". For example, You can upload a photo and give "Read" permissions to "Everyone". Now, you can keep a link to that image from your webpage. You can obtain the link by Right-clicking on the file and selecting "Copy Url to Clipboard" option. You can use that "Url" anywhere.