Betygsatt 4,2 av 5
4,2 stjärnor av 5
- av ab, för 5 år sedanBetygsatt 5 av 5Brief is a great reader that gets the details right. I love that the "unread items" view shows oldest items first, but the "all items" view reverses this. A lot of readers don't even have an oldest-first option, and when they do it's a global setting even though viewing all items oldest-first rarely makes sense.
I like also the integration with Firefox's bookmarks/live bookmarks, and it was so easy to customize the font with a couple lines of CSS! And opening new items opens them in background tabs.
- av thxmodulecreator72, för 5 år sedanBetygsatt 4 av 5Great addon but notification icon bug with reddit rss feed even after read (even with alt N) after update the notification icon said i did not read them.
- av Firefox-användare 10456101, för 5 år sedanBetygsatt 5 av 5У остальных в лучшем случае трёхпанельность, что бессмысленно уменьшает место для собственно новостей. На какое-то время расширение перестали поддерживать, но на данный момент всё починили и ещё и улучшили.
- av haydut1200, för 5 år sedanBetygsatt 5 av 5FF 42, Brief v2.1.4. Unable to unsubscribe from a feed. My feeds are in a bookmark folder named 'RSS feeds' (original, eh? :) When I unsubscribe, the feed link isn't deleted and has to be deleted manually. But still the best reader for me.
- av Tsavkko, för 5 år sedanBetygsatt 4 av 5I've been using Brief for years now, and for over two months I"ve been noticing a problem, a serious one. I cannot update the feeds anymore, I cannot add any new feed. When I look at the default folder where my feeds are I can see the new feeds I've subscribed, but they won't show on Brief...
- av rabab_2000, för 5 år sedanBetygsatt 1 av 5FF42 - Feeds, die aus den Lesezeichen gelöscht werden bleiben weiterhin in Brief vorhanden.
Wird es hier noch mal ein Update geben oder ist das Projekt tot?
- av Glif, för 5 år sedanBetygsatt 1 av 5Чекбокс "Использовать только Brief" не работает, все равно каждый раз предлагаются все доступные сегрегаторы.
Но главный минус - не удаляются ленты. Жмешь отписаться, лента исчезает, закрываешь, открываешь снова - лента на месте.
- av Axxell, för 5 år sedanBetygsatt 5 av 5I'm completely satisfied with this extension, works just fine.
Got only one request: could you please add SOUND to the next version of your app? It would be very helpful!
- av Firefox-användare 11859858, för 5 år sedanBetygsatt 5 av 5After RSS Ticker stopped working with FF40 I was looking for an alternative. Tried a few addons, but none of them did what I wanted them to.
Then I found Brief - and now I wish I had gone looking earlier. This is just perfect.
- av Davy Dee, för 5 år sedanBetygsatt 2 av 5I used to love this addon. It was literally the only rss reader that did everything I wanted exactly how I wanted it. Lately it's been going downhill though.. it's buggy and the posts aren't displayed as well as they used to. Brief used to display the whole post, or at least most of it, including pictures and everything. Now it's just a short preview and pictures often won't load. I want the old way of displaying posts back! This is the only rss reader I like and now it sucks.
- av Firefox-användare 11779756, för 5 år sedanBetygsatt 1 av 5Dear Mr. Kowalczyk,
I'd used your add on for years and it was okay. But since last Update, it doesn't work well. There was no easy access support email :-( Okay, but since now Brief killed all my rss items (cannot even restore them via bookmarks!) I had to find a way to contact you urgenty, so I went to your "support" page, where I had to create a user account, then I found the thread, but it says "from July on no support here" and "please got to discussion thread here" where I'd have to create anoterh account *me going mad* but even that didn't work!!
How will I get my feeds and rss items back? IT IS IMPORTANT. HELP PLS!!
Since others have reported this problem as well, check it, please... Cannot be even my bookmarks are killed. I'm so sad and unglad.
- av Wgefpe, för 5 år sedanBetygsatt 1 av 5I have been using Brief for years. I upgraded to version 2.0.1 and just found that some text is missing, new articles don't correctly displayed, unread count doesn't show up, ...... Don't upgrade, or simply don't install !!!
- av alvn, för 5 år sedanBetygsatt 1 av 5I'm a user from version 1.5 and I have to say that this was once the best RSS reader ever and I really loved it, but it's not any more.
* In the left panel, click on feed A source and right click on feed B, then select "Refresh Now" and it will result in refreshing feed A instead of feed B.
* Why is my right-click turned into a page-flashing funtion when performing in the item view area? I can't view it as a regular web page and do copy-paste work to share or something anymore.
* The auto-focus function is so irritating that it messes up the page position. it's also pretty buggy and not always performs smoothly though. Please, give us back the option to turn it off.
* If you wanna constantly change the CSS naming, get somebody to write an offical guideline and maintain it. Customization becomes meaningless.
- av tn, för 5 år sedanBetygsatt 1 av 5This USED to be the most useful addon I had for Firefox, now it is use-LESS since the update to version 2! It rarely is consistent with updates no matter how you set it up in settings. It moves everything marked as read to trash regardless of what you do. It will not show some feed content in the add on itself but if you look in bookmarks under subscribed feeds, the articles are right there. As I said USELESS. If you feel the need to update the GUI that is one thing, but geez, "don't fix what AIN'T broken". Hey, for all of you other developers, I would be willing to pay for an addon that worked as perfectly and seemlessly as the prior version of this now catostrophe called Brief 2.0
- av Firefox-användare 11618250, för 6 år sedanBetygsatt 2 av 5After installing IDM (internet download manager), Brief freezes and it becomes unusable. If I disable IDM addon, Brief starts again to work properly.
Please have a look on it. I reported also on the forum.
- av User, för 6 år sedanBetygsatt 2 av 5Loved it ... a while ago.
I have installed it too many times over the years to count, but had to keep uninstalling it due to its nasty habits and incompatibilities.
It has gotten uglier over time too.
Love the idea, can't live with the reality.
No more shall we give it one last shot.