- — Samcc, pred 2 mesecemaOcenjeno z 5 od 5Most helpful add-on the world has ever known. Not only can you run multiple Azure sessions in parallel, for eg, but you can also just pop open a new container if you run out of free reads on paywalled freemium sites lol.
- — igorsf, pred 2 mesecemaOcenjeno z 5 od 5I love this extension. "Open this site in your assigned container" create s some problems, but as the Developer response below explains, there is a solution.
"Remember my decision for this site" is useless in some cases. For example, I want to open multiple AWS accounts in different containers. The pages of different accounts have the same url, so "Remember my decision for this site" does not do any good.
However, the second tip - delete the sites assignments to containers works. It just opens a new page in the same container as the original page I'm coming from.
Thank you for the advise and standing behind your extension.
Odgovor razvijalcaobjavljeno ob pred 2 mesecemaYou should be able to click the "Remember my decision for this site" on that page and then it won't ask you again. Or, if you don't want that site to open in that assigned container anymore ... open the Container panel in the upper-right, and then click "Manage Containers" and choose the container mentioned on the "assigned container" page. Then click "Manage site list" and find the site you want to un-assign and click the little trash can icon next to it.
- — jergas, pred 2 mesecemaOcenjeno z 5 od 5If you value your privacy and want to mess with how we are tracked online, this add on is great.
If you have several users (who trust each other, I suppose) sharing the same browser instance, then this can save you a lot of logging in and out (yes, I know, not a secure practice, hence trust is implicit, but secure or not, it happens).
Both of the above I do routinely, and I have really appreciated this add on for that.
For me, though, where it really shines, is in the following too situation:
- I play a web game where it allows me to be logged in to several instance,
- opening a new container is often a fast hack that allows you to bypass the article count in some websites.
So, in sum, if there is any situation where you would like one browser instance to behave as several instances with separate contexts, this is for you.
And huge thank you for the developers, for coding this, and for doing so in a Free/Open Source app! May your kindness and dedication come back to you and bring you joy!