- — Uporabnik Firefoxa 14558205, pred 2 letomaOcenjeno z 3 od 5Great add-on! My problem: the add-on increases RAM usage of Firefox significantly (in my case). I have switched to "Dark background and light text" add-on, which works better for me.
- — pancakess, pred 2 letomaOcenjeno z 3 od 5Problem:
at first it works wonderfully, i recently have a problem of how it changes my theme when i turn off/on (from my dark theme to grey(on) to white (off) which is VERY annoying! also it now for some reason keeps changing themes automatically on site ive been before which is also annoying. the problem accured when i was adjusting contrast/grayscale/sephia on a novel site as the default site color was light brown and darkreader changed it redish grey after i did that when i changed sites it followed which annoyed me and i turned them all off, then it keeps changing dark modes auomatically and changes my firefox theme. please fix this ASAP!
Experience before problem:
other than that issues its dark mode is solid, doesnt add black box on website logo when im reading. 5/5
Suggestions: i dont know if it was like that in the past or it is supposed to automatically change darkmode but a button for turning on darkmode for the site instead of doing it automatically/reverse button would be very much appreciated.
- — Mahou, pred 2 letomaOcenjeno z 3 od 5Normally fantastic, used it on chrome and re-added it since I moved to firefox. Recently (the last week or so) the extension has been disappearing from my bar and just Not Working / Crashing. My eyes are incredibly photosensitive so it's been pretty disappointing to be met with bright pages so suddenly.
- — Uporabnik Firefoxa 16345916, pred 2 letomaOcenjeno z 3 od 5I really, really want to love this extension but there are two main problems that keep me from having it installed.
1) It slows down your browser A LOT. Even on my high end gaming PC, websites load much slower and some will even hang until you disable the extension and refresh the page.
2) Sometimes the style changes don't "kick in" right away so you'll get a flash of white when you first visit a page. While this isn't a huge deal during the day, when it's night time and you've been browsing in all black for a while it feels like staring at the sun.
I continue to re-download Dark Reader every few months to give it another shot, but these problems still persist. It's a great idea, but the execution needs some work.
- — smohanv, pred 2 letomaOcenjeno z 3 od 5This add-on is very good to use with Tor Browser. I love this. Also, in some websites home page doesn't take take the dark effect but the sub pages takes the dark effect. I changed the setting from Dynamic to Static or Filter or Filter+ and it works fine.
YouTube video doesn't show instead it shows up black screen hence I have to whitelist YouTube from using this add-on. YouTube audio works.
- — rouge217, pred 2 letomaOcenjeno z 3 od 5This worked really well for some websites and didn't work on others. There were some issues on some websites where it worked too - for instance if you open a video on youtube it was able to convert it to dark mode, but it wasn't able to change the font color of the channel to a different color which made it practically invisible as black on black.
- — Jayjay, pred 2 letomaOcenjeno z 3 od 5This addon is a lifesaver, but recently the dynamic theme completely broken and this addon is unusable unless I use filter or filter plus theme.
and the import settings feature is doing nothing.
- — Dark with Green Highlights, pred 2 letomaOcenjeno z 3 od 5Though the benefits are obvious, the one clear drawback observed is that the webpages got darken also LOAD LONGER; and even when it seems it's done, the load button still show X sign, which indicates it's still loading.
Particularly occurs in search websites and websites which already have dark theme in them.
Hence, what's supposed to be an energy-saving extension turns out doing the opposite to my PC.
This behavior appears both in both my Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- — Uporabnik Firefoxa 14733828, pred 2 letomaOcenjeno z 3 od 5It works really well, however it slows down your browsing speed. I had uninstalled it a couple of weeks back but my pages still had the dark mode, which was extremely undesirable.
- — kgg, pred 2 letomaOcenjeno z 3 od 5Generates dark themes for websites really well. Only issue is, it causes the browser to slow down horribly, especially on complicated sites, unfortunately meaning I can't use it.
- — Ruso89, pred 2 letomaOcenjeno z 3 od 5Guys, the app is changing mi firefox theme. I want a different dark theme for firefox and it's changing it back to de default dark one. I can't find a way to avoid this.
- — Pete, pred 2 letomaOcenjeno z 3 od 5I love the dark mode, but opening a desktop text file shows a white background where I type, but with white letters!!! Plus, some websites flash a white screen when opened that lasts for several seconds. Pretty frustrating.
- — Uporabnik Firefoxa 16082032, pred 2 letomaOcenjeno z 3 od 5I get a bright white blank screen before the page is loaded. I wish it was black! Kind of defeats the purpose of a dark reader. (Firefox Preview for Android)