- — Patrice, pred 9 meseciOcenjeno z 3 od 5Their of surfing on some sites, we can see a slight black flash when moving from one page to another on the same site. I didn't notice this "bug" on the Dark Reader for Chome version. This flash occurs on sites where Dark Reader has been disabled. Too bad.
- — Tony, pred enim letomOcenjeno z 3 od 5I would definitely say this is a great way to make all your tabs dark, but it slows down all of my pages. I would have given it a 5 star but it's just that one problem. Please fix this but otherwise it's a great add on!!
- — VanNostrand, pred enim letomOcenjeno z 3 od 5It works properly, and the interface is great, but I find that I have weird performance issues on my devices when it's used; desktop pc, laptop, and my Pixel 2.
- — Fahad, pred enim letomOcenjeno z 3 od 5latest update breaks everything, some portions of pages are not converted to dark(espacially google), and their text is white which renders them unreadable. Sometimes whole page background is not changed but the text color is changed, very annoying. Before It was working fine, would love to give 5 star if this problem is resolved.
- — system128, pred enim letomOcenjeno z 3 od 5It worked, but there was one major problem that brings my review down. Unfortunately, this degrades the performance of the browser considerably, and I'm not sure why.
Otherwise, it worked, some pages needed some tweaking, but I was okay with that.
- — Uporabnik Firefoxa 14558205, pred enim letomOcenjeno z 3 od 5Great add-on! My problem: the add-on increases RAM usage of Firefox significantly (in my case). I have switched to "Dark background and light text" add-on, which works better for me.
- — pancakess, pred enim letomOcenjeno z 3 od 5Problem:
at first it works wonderfully, i recently have a problem of how it changes my theme when i turn off/on (from my dark theme to grey(on) to white (off) which is VERY annoying! also it now for some reason keeps changing themes automatically on site ive been before which is also annoying. the problem accured when i was adjusting contrast/grayscale/sephia on a novel site as the default site color was light brown and darkreader changed it redish grey after i did that when i changed sites it followed which annoyed me and i turned them all off, then it keeps changing dark modes auomatically and changes my firefox theme. please fix this ASAP!
Experience before problem:
other than that issues its dark mode is solid, doesnt add black box on website logo when im reading. 5/5
Suggestions: i dont know if it was like that in the past or it is supposed to automatically change darkmode but a button for turning on darkmode for the site instead of doing it automatically/reverse button would be very much appreciated.
- — Mahou, pred enim letomOcenjeno z 3 od 5Normally fantastic, used it on chrome and re-added it since I moved to firefox. Recently (the last week or so) the extension has been disappearing from my bar and just Not Working / Crashing. My eyes are incredibly photosensitive so it's been pretty disappointing to be met with bright pages so suddenly.
- — Uporabnik Firefoxa 16345916, pred enim letomOcenjeno z 3 od 5I really, really want to love this extension but there are two main problems that keep me from having it installed.
1) It slows down your browser A LOT. Even on my high end gaming PC, websites load much slower and some will even hang until you disable the extension and refresh the page.
2) Sometimes the style changes don't "kick in" right away so you'll get a flash of white when you first visit a page. While this isn't a huge deal during the day, when it's night time and you've been browsing in all black for a while it feels like staring at the sun.
I continue to re-download Dark Reader every few months to give it another shot, but these problems still persist. It's a great idea, but the execution needs some work.
- — smohanv, pred enim letomOcenjeno z 3 od 5This add-on is very good to use with Tor Browser. I love this. Also, in some websites home page doesn't take take the dark effect but the sub pages takes the dark effect. I changed the setting from Dynamic to Static or Filter or Filter+ and it works fine.
YouTube video doesn't show instead it shows up black screen hence I have to whitelist YouTube from using this add-on. YouTube audio works.
- — rouge217, pred enim letomOcenjeno z 3 od 5This worked really well for some websites and didn't work on others. There were some issues on some websites where it worked too - for instance if you open a video on youtube it was able to convert it to dark mode, but it wasn't able to change the font color of the channel to a different color which made it practically invisible as black on black.