- Hodnotenie: 4 z 5autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 12801976, pred 5 rokmiPrivacy Badger is in combination with pi-hole and HTTPS Everywhere the ideal privacy tool.
Now if the data could be synced with Firefox Sync it would get the much deserved 5 stars.
- Hodnotenie: 4 z 5autor: Extarys, pred 5 rokmiFirst, I would like to thank EFF for this add-on.
The GUI would need some work, it looks 1995.
it doesn't block "everything" I prefer to block all Google stuff that I cannot block in my router but this doesn't block youtube ads and ads spies on you ;) (i know this is for privacy but ads on youtube makes so many ajax calls its ridiculous - and we know Google love knowing everything)
4/5 I would recommend but need another extension to fully satisfy my intense browsing
Maybe add a opt-out feature for ads that tracks us
- Hodnotenie: 4 z 5autor: shgysk8zer0, pred 5 rokmiToo many want to compare this to AdBlock, but they are very different things. This is not intended to block ads, and AdBlock is not intended to protect your privacy. This blocks cookies and/or content from being loaded from third-parties if that third party appears to be tracking you on multiple sites. That happens to have the effect of blocking some ads, but it also blocks analytics, Like/Tweet buttons, tracking pixels, etc.
Would be nice to have controls per content-type.
- Hodnotenie: 4 z 5autor: Serge P., pred 5 rokmiBadger automatically blocks (eats) suspicious cookies and sometimes even blocks all HTTP-queries for very suspicious domain names. So mostly you can relax and forget about all the anti-tracking job. I liked the graph which shows what trackers are treated in which way. On the other hand, Badger had kept breaking some sites (for example online-banking) before I white-listed them. Badger learns as it works so, perhaps it will detect enemies better if I use it longer.
- Hodnotenie: 4 z 5autor: JuzBeKind, pred 5 rokmiThis addon is great at blocking tracking/spying objects on web pages, but, unfortunately, when it's enabled, I get little chunks of lag when typing text into a comment field or when scrolling a web page; even when scrolling the Firefox addons page (about:addons).
I think, perhaps, they tested it using new, powerful computers and need to re-test it on some older computers.
- Hodnotenie: 4 z 5autor: rwizard , pred 6 rokmiI love EFF, and the Badger is cute, but as long as ads are a vector for malware, I need to block ALL of them. So EFF, help pressure the industry to get serious about security. Ads must not have any sort of scripting or dynamic media. BTW, we now have stegaongraphic concealment of malware in ads? Yikes. I want to support sites, but we need simple text/static image ads, and our beloved Badger needs to block everything until that happens.