- Hodnotenie: 2 z 5autor: Jyrair, pred 2 rokmiWhen activated, facebook is out but at the same time I'm unable to log to gmail or other websites (without using facebook-login dear trolls).
Gmail says that my browser is not secured and ask to install a recent one. Other websites ask for recaptcha and repactcha is unable to work properly when this add-on is activated.. This require to be improved.
- Hodnotenie: 2 z 5autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 13901936, pred 2 rokmiIt works on facebook but broke a few other websites.
Menu bar on the NY Times Coronavirus page (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/02/us/politics/vaccines-coronavirus-research.html) broke.
It also stopped mint.com from tracking my computer, so I had to authenticate with my phone every time. Both websites work when I uninstall the plugin and reset firefox.
- Hodnotenie: 2 z 5autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 15785561, pred 3 rokmiSeems to interfere with loading messages. Whenever I switch it on then messenger will load all the oldest messages in the chat first before allowing me to scroll down to the newest ones. This makes it unusable so I've had to remove it.
- Hodnotenie: 2 z 5autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 12703066, pred 3 rokmiHated it because of lack of granularity and the way it breaks some pages. Hate it more because remnants seem to stay behind after removal.
EDIT: Hate it slightly less now because even though it survived deleting cookies, rebooting and restarting, the remnants disappeared when I closed the Facebook tab.
- Hodnotenie: 2 z 5autor: Mephistopheles, pred 3 rokmiWhile it technically works, it makes everything, particularly Youtube, MUCH slower. You click pause, and it takes 3-5- seconds before it actually does it
- Hodnotenie: 2 z 5autor: Dead Beat Native, pred 3 rokmiThis extension stops Facebook from tracking you as you surf the web in Firefox; however, this extension does not prevent facebook from tracking you to other sites when clicking on a link posted on the facebook website. The Facebook link-shimming server (l.facebook.com - that's a lowercase L not a captial I) circumvents this container by injecting new copies of Facebook cookies and locally stored objects (LSO) into the newly opened container, tab, window, or even a completely different browser prior to being directed to the link you think you are going to directly.
- Hodnotenie: 2 z 5autor: lonestarstraits, pred 3 rokmiIt certainly did a good job of containing facebook - It logged me out and then prevented me from signing back in again. Even after disabling the add-on.
So I guess it depends how much you like facebook. Or if you want more free time and an enforced social media detox...
- Hodnotenie: 2 z 5autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 15098750, pred 3 rokmiI like to make comments on sites that support FB comments only & this add-on prevents it. I read the fine print & it does say so, so it's on me.
- Hodnotenie: 2 z 5autor: Peter Østergaard, pred 3 rokmiThe extension basically stops firefox from working. With the extension enabled, pages start loading when I open firefox, but stop half-way through. No new pages can be loaded.
This might be correlated with me being behind a proxy, but without the extension, firefox workes fine.
- Hodnotenie: 2 z 5autor: Používateľ Firefoxu - 12334292, pred 3 rokmiAt first, it promisees safe browsing (but why FB only? Google os no better). But than... It's a very frustrating thing to use. If you go to blocked site you can't go back - history of the tab is erased. The same if you go to unblocked side from restricted one. Why the f?!
The extension is highly powerhungry, it leads to some sites hanging. When you disable it all the restricted sites close WITH NO WAY TO RESTORE! And the same is when you enable the addon.
I could endure that, but it's too much for the thing protecting me from FB only. Google, Yahoo, and many more "Good companies" spy on us, what's the reason to defend us from only single one?
- Hodnotenie: 2 z 5autor: Tomi Antenna, pred 3 rokmiThe concept is great, but the addon insists on plastering its badge symbol over every instance where it blocks Facebook connect on a webpage. I live by a very minimalist online experience through CSS and uBlock element hiding, and these badges are a scourge.
There are other addons that provide the same functionality sans the badges.
- Hodnotenie: 2 z 5autor: Moz://FifthAxiom, pred 3 rokmiSerious bugs in the Facebook-container extension code involving triggering actions on URL change / container change.
- Clicking links / changing URLs in omni-box from container site to container site will close the current tab (history lost) and opens two tabs to new container site
- Clicking links container site to non- container site working okay (one new tab opened, history container maintained)
- For Google container add-on sometimes when clicking on link in search results, it will not open a new tab but opens a new site in the current container (login session lost). This means Google is not separated from other sites. Also occurs when typing in the omni-box
- Changing URLs in omni-box from container site to non- container (and visa versa) will close current tab (it should open a new tab instead of closing the container tab although arguable)
- No problems while staying in same container
*** TESTED ***
All container add-ons are conflicting as a result (you can only use one). Mozilla needs to change the code that triggers actions (triggered twice going from container to container site using multiple add-ons).
Conclusion: You cannot fork the Facebook container add-on without rewriting the code.