|Пользователь с||Авг. 19, 2008|
|Число разработанных дополнений||6 дополнений|
|Средний рейтинг дополнений разработчика||Рейтинг 5 из 5 звёзд|
Созданные мной дополнения
Tab Groups are an easy way to organize a lot of tabs. You can visually group related tabs, switch between groups, and quickly search through all of your tabs to switch to a specific one.
От обычной поисковой строки, до полнофункционального "Поиска по всем вкладкам", все, чтобы сделать поисковую панель инструментов мощным и доступным инструментом исследования!
С Australis, новой темой для Firefox, отличный браузер выглядит классно. И теперь им можно также классно пользоваться!
Bring your bookmarks into view with just a gesture. Move the sidebar across the screen. Open a different sidebar by just clicking its title. And more! Keeps your sidebar simple and quick to access!
Объедините все кнопки ваших дополнений в удобном для вас месте и виде!
The Puzzle Piece Рейтинг 5 из 5 звёзд
Hi Alopepeo. I apologize for writing this here, but you provide no other way of contacting you directly.
I just wanted to mention that my add-on, The Puzzle Piece, also moves the add-on bar to the location bar. This was a feature request by a user, and I did it because I was under the impression that both this and url-addon-bar were no longer being actively developed.
TPP already works in Australis (version 1.2.2 for full compatibility; it's in the queue at the moment awaiting review) and can also toggle autohide without needing another add-on.
Sorry again for writing this here, but I thought you would want to know. :)
Fix for Firefox 26 Рейтинг 5 из 5 звёзд
I've created a repository at my github with AutoPager 0.8.0.8 with fixes for compatibility with Firefox 26. You can go to https://github.com/Quicksaver/AutoPager/releases/ to download the package and drag and drop into your browser to install (if it doesn't install automatically).
For review moderators: this custom install package is necessary for those who want to use this add-on, which is broken as of Firefox 26.
Compatibility with FindBar Tweak Рейтинг 5 из 5 звёзд
Sorry to post this here, but I couldn't find any e-mail address or anything else to contact you directly.
I've just uploaded a new version 1.4.10 of FindBar Tweak which will fix the placement of the findbar (the issue from the previous user review), it's currently in the review queue, I suggest you use that version when you work on these compatibility issues. It was a problem that could possibly affect other themes as well, so I fixed it within the add-on itself.
To make sure your theme stays compatible, you can remove the findbar[movetotop] margin-top entries you added in your stylesheets, they won't work anymore with the new FBT version (I mean, they work but they're irrelevant, as the add-on now ignores those now).
Also, if you want you can go to https://github.com/Quicksaver/FindBar-Tweak/issues/22 for a detailed explanation on how to change the color of the find bar and its corners when it's moved to the top, so it fits better your theme (this I can't do from within the add-on itself, sorry).
FXChrome is a pretty cool theme, I'd like to make sure my add-on stays compatible with it, so let me know if you need anything else or if any new issues between the two arise!
Broken and Discontinued Рейтинг 3 из 5 звёзд
My apologies to the developer, I couldn't find any way to contact you about this, and judging from the lack of activity in the last few years, it seems you have stopped work in developing the add-on. If you feel this review is unnecessary and you will fix the future incompatibilities, just let me know and I will promptly remove this.
FAYT does exactly as it says, it keeps the buttons in the quick find bar. Simple, easy, useful. However, it will unfortunately not work correctly in the upcoming Firefox 25 (it won't show the next and previous buttons).
I have written my own add-on, called "FindBar Tweak", which also provides the same functionality. I would invite everyone to switch to FBT, as it ensures compatibility with future versions of Firefox.
I'm sorry for the spam, but I believe my add-on now becomes a necessary alternative to FAYT, which will stop working correctly in the very near future.
Great functionality with some specific bugs Рейтинг 4 из 5 звёзд
My apologies to the developer, I've tried to contact you by e-mail about this but received no response. If you feel this review is unnecessary and you will fix the existing bugs, just let me know and I will promptly remove this.
Toggle Find Bar provides a nice functionality for easy access to the find bar. However, it has some issues with the quick find bar, as some users have already mentioned in previous reviews.
I have written my own add-on, called "FindBar Tweak", which also allows you to toggle the find bar through it's shortcut, with a few behavior improvements to make it more intuitive to use. I would invite everyone to switch to FBT, which ensures it will remain compatible with future versions of Firefox and as bug-free as I can make it!
I'm sorry for the spam, but I believe my add-on now becomes a necessary alternative to Toggle Find Bar, which is beginning to show signs of important bugs, while the developer is apparently unreachable.
Will break completely in the near future Рейтинг 3 из 5 звёзд
EDIT: Thanks for kindly replying to my review and my e-mail. Hopefully you'll be able to also fix compatibility with Firefox 27. ;)
I can only assume from the lack of communication and updates, that the developer has ceased work in this add-on. I've tried to contact him by e-mail but received no response.
Scrollbar Search Highlighter was one of the add-ons that first got me into the whole Firefox customization. This add-on provided a unique functionality, that you simply couldn't find anywhere else. Unfortunately, it fails in some specific pages and it will break completely in Firefox 27.
I have since written my own add-on, called "FindBar Tweak", which was greatly inspired by this and other add-ons. Unless work is resumed here, I would invite everyone to switch to FBT, it has a similar highlights grid in the scrollbar, with greatly improved performance and functions perfectly in frames, pdf documents, gmail, etc, and ensures it will remain compatible with future versions of Firefox!
I'm sorry for the spam, but I believe my add-on now becomes a necessary alternative to Scrollbar Search Highlighter, which will stop working completely in the very near future.
Great but will break in the near future Рейтинг 5 из 5 звёзд
I am posting this review with the approval of the developer, who has kindly agreed to it and has confirmed by e-mail that he's unlikely to continue maintaining the add-on in the future.
HighlightAll provides a unique and very useful feature! It is very easy to use and definitely improves the browsing experience. However, HighlightAll will unfortunately break completely in the upcoming Firefox 27.
I have written my own add-on, called "FindBar Tweak", which amongst its many features, can also function in a very similar way as HighlightAll does. I am also still actively working on it and have planned a few future improvements specific to this functionality as well.
I would invite everyone to switch over to FBT, which ensures it will remain compatible with future versions of Firefox.
Broken and Discontinued Рейтинг 1 из 5 звёзд
I can only assume from the lack of communication and updates, that the developer has ceased work in this add-on.
I remember back when I first started using Firefox, this add-on was one of the first I ever installed. Since then, it has become very buggy with the most recent firefox versions and other add-ons, and it will unfortunately break completely starting with Firefox 25.
I have since written my own add-on, called "FindBar Tweak", which was greatly inspired by this and other add-ons. Unless work is resumed here, I would invite everyone to switch to FBT, it does everything Find Toolbar Tweaks does and much more and ensures it will remain compatible with future versions of Firefox! Note: there are a couple of features that FTT used to do that FBT doesn't do yet, such as moving the find bar's close button, or notifications when search wrapped. These specific features will be added in a future version.
I'm sorry for the spam, but I believe my add-on now becomes a necessary alternative to Find Toolbar Tweaks, which will stop working completely in the very near future.
I appreciate your response Рейтинг 5 из 5 звёзд
Thank you for a very clear response. As I said, and I believe you understood this, what I wrote was only my opinion on certain aspects. I said that I, as well as all your users must, appreciate your efforts into coding such a feature-extensive add-on, and I meant it. And yes it's true that my review may have been a little biased, but that is unavoidable after all, I do have my tastes and, like you said, I am proud of my own add-on. But in all honesty, it was meant only as constructive criticism.
If I was to leave a review before, I would have given it a higher rating before (I will do now, after your response, as an attentive developer like you seem to be is always appreciated in a community like this), but you must understand that, considering that your add-on is now not only featured but as well as a Pick of the Month, it should meet a higher degree of standards, which I don't believe it does yet, but as I mentioned, it can definitely in the future.
Just some final notes (if you wish, we can discuss this further by e-mail):
- The difficulty in the first-configuration process, I do believe it is of critical importance, because every single user that installs the add-on must go through that at least once. It's usually a first impression (When I open the FAQ page I see a small scrollbar so I think "That's a lot to read...", when I open the video I see 40 minutes duration and I think "That's a lot to watch..." etc) that either makes the user keep or discard an add-on. It turned me off before and did so again this time. I'm sure that it has been the same for many other users.
- That is valid also for the UI. And by "impose" I didn't mean like you like it so you have to get everyone to do so as well, you may have misunderstood me here. I meant the lack of customization you provide for these elements. Right now, if I wanted to change anything I'd have to use Stylish, and that implies a higher degree of knowledge than most users have. You're right about one thing, if I don't like I should either help or just not use it. I said that it was just my personal preference to like simpler things. I did not mean to be rude and I apologize if that was how you took it, it was not my intention at all.
- I did not check the categories of the add-on, but neither do most users when they search for something rather than browse categories, they just see the name of the add-on and the small description most times. I have to stand by my opinion on this matter, that those features are typical of a very different add-on than this, and I do believe you could easily expand them to their own add-on if you so wanted.
Again, I apologize if in my previous review I seemed harsh. It was not my intent at all. I think I put the goggles of a reviewer for a moment and I tend to be very critic like that sometimes.
Disappointing Рейтинг 3 из 5 звёзд
I've tried Fastest Search in the past (maybe about a year ago? I'm not entirely certain). At the time I did not much enjoy it, but seeing as it is the Pick of the Month for this month, I decided to give it another go. I'm sad to say I'm still disappointed.
In short: It is an add-on full of potential and many nice features, wrapped in a very un-appealing and difficult to use package, which takes far longer and more effort to learn to use than it should. Needs much more work in this area!
First of all, my reaction upon installing it is the same as it was last time, I looked at the menu that pops up after clicking the FS icon for three seconds then mutter "Wow..." It is not intuitive at all, and only after I've accustomed myself to what kind of features the add-on provides, does its organization become apparent; up to that point I was lost. It has too many colors, too many divisions, too many bolds, too many links...
There are things that I expected to find in the add-on but couldn't, maybe they're there or maybe they're not (I finally found the search-list by hitting Shift+Enter when searching, took me a while). I've been watching the video and I've been reading all the FAQs and docs provided, I'm not halfway done on either and I can tell you this with certainty: I've spent far more time than I normally would to customize anything in my firefox. Normally I would have given up long ago, I am only continuing because I've already started writing the review and feel like I should finish.
- The so called "Find in all tabs" feature is nothing more than a glorified tab switcher, it gives you a popup dialog to choose a tab to switch to, and all it does is automatically run whatever search on it. The only difference here from the default behavior is the "automatically" part. This is not what I expected when I read "Find in all tabs" at all and I don't find it any useful at all either. I would expect (at least!) something like the Match List (Shift+Enter) to appear, with a list of all matches on all tabs. Also, the "restrictions" dialog that always pops up is a real bother, and I didn't find a way to disable that, although to be honest I haven't checked very thoroughly for it. I seriously would hope it can be disabled, hitting enter twice, and sometimes more, to run a search is just wrong!
- It always seems to start a new search in a page from the first result, sometimes I prefer it to search from the point where I click or where I left off previously, like it does by default in firefox (I don't mean "Find Again", I mean a different search altogether).
- The search UI elements (results count, the results distribution bar thing on the right, etc) is very visually un-appealing and intrusive. They are just there, huge and with lots and lots of colors, and above the webpage taking space and covering it. This is especially problematic for the FS's search panel, which appears in front of the webpage covering a large chunk of it up. Also, the distribution bar thing on the right can cover up the scrollbar in frameset webpages (your own FAQ is one such example, the scrollbar is only barely visible for me because of it). For someone who prefers simple things, this is a big no-no.
- You are imposing on the user a very intrusive and visually un-appealing UI. This is subjective of course, it's only my personal opinion, maybe others disagree. But the search UI elements from my previous point, together with all the cluttered and messy preferences dialogs, reminds me of how Windows 95 and 98 used to look. If all of firefox looked like this, I would switch to chrome...
- Features like the drag&drop images and links capabilities have no business being in a search-related add-on. If I was a user looking for features like these, I would never expect to find them in an add-on called "Fastest -> Search <-". Placing these features in a separate add-on would greatly improve FS, as it would unclutter it a bit, thus making it simpler to learn to use, as well as promote these features more efficiently when they're in their own add-on.
The first time I tried FS was for the Regex search feature, and since I know my way about the inner-workings of firefox and add-ons I eventually managed to get to it and disable everything else I didn't need. I know many casual users (in real life), and I can assure you none of them would take the time needed to just figure this out. A 40-minute video is just too long! I'm a power user, I know a lot of the inner working of the search and find capabilities of firefox, and as a person I'm very patient; I gave up 11 minutes and something into the video... Seriously, it's too big, I suggest you break that thing up into many smaller bits! For most people, 5 minutes for configuration and learning to use is already too long, and that is with a direct and intuitive UI and documentation, which, I'm sorry to say, is not the case with your add-on.
As a fellow add-on developer to another, I commend you on the multitude of features you offer, I realize the amount of work you have put into it and I'm sure all your users greatly appreciate it. However, I believe you are making a very serious and wrong assumption about your potential users: you assume everyone will take a large portion of time to learn how to properly configure and use your add-on, and this, together with all the other things I mentioned, is the main reason why I think FS does not deserve even 4 stars!
It truly is an add-on full of potential, if you addressed these issues somehow, I would definitely re-think my whole review. But as it is now I just can't agree with this choice as Pick of the Month. As a firefox user, I would still use a combination of Omnibar and my own FindBar Tweak over FS. I realize it sounds a bit suspicious of me to say this, seeing as I'm the developer of FBT, but I do think both of these alternative add-ons are much more visually appealing and better integrated with firefox than FS is.
High points (these are pretty much the only reason why my rating is not lower):
- Regex search, that's nice!
- Location bar/search engine related features are a nice alternative to add-ons like Omnibar (although, if pressed, I would still choose Omnibar over FS, as it shows both the search suggestions and the bookmarks/history results in the same list, whereas with FS I have to choose every time between one or the other by adding search engine keywords, or maybe by some other way I didn't even find)
- I haven't tried the text recognition feature, but at least in concept I find it very interesting, so it deserves a plus here as well.
Thanks for the reply Рейтинг 5 из 5 звёзд
It's good to know the developer pays attention to the reviews.
About my request, "Reload all images", I hadn't considered the "override cache" option, to be honest. Yes of course that is good for this purpose. Thanks for telling me about it, I completely overlooked it, I was just very happy with the "load missing images" feature.
Although actually I can theorize a case where that wouldn't work, for example in webpages that have images with src attributes randomly assigned on the server side. Every time the page is reloaded, we get a new src attribute and thus a new image, while just reloading the images would make it so we get the latest updated version of the same image. I don't really have any examples of websites that do this to give you, it's just a situation that popped in my head because I did this once in a personal website (long long ago).
PS: I think you should consider making some kind of public e-mail address for larger discussions like this.
Рейтинг 5 из 5 звёзд
Almost perfect, if I could make a small feature request that I've wanted for a while: a new option to reload all images regardless if they have been successfully loaded already. Something like "Reload all images" in addition to just "Load Missing Images". Would this be possible?Это отзыв для предыдущей версии этого дополнения (22.214.171.124-signed).
Рейтинг 5 из 5 звёзд
Up until the other day I've been using Locationbar² as a similar enhancement to the address bar, but it's become a bit outdated and always lacked a few features. This add-on fills those perfectly! It's an excellent idea and very well executed, you have my admiration and gratitude for this!Это отзыв для предыдущей версии этого дополнения (3.7.1-signed).
Рейтинг 5 из 5 звёзд
In response to Zero7's review I'd like to say I disagree, Omnibar is a fantastic add-on, at least when properly configured to your liking. Also about those issues you mentioned, please check out my add-on: Omnibar Plus (sorry for the ad Ajit, I hope you don't mind :) ), it addresses that and allows you to keep a clean suggestions list even with InstantFox/Peers and Omnibar both installed like you mentioned.Это отзыв для предыдущей версии этого дополнения (0.7.11.20111111.1-signed.1-signed). Этот пользователь ранее оставил 1 отзыв на это дополнение.
Рейтинг 5 из 5 звёзд
I haven't yet written a review about Omnibar, sorry about that. This is an excellent add-on that really brings a new feel to firefox. It works perfectly and, for those who care about it like me, it is a space saver while retaining full firefox functionality.
In answer to willmans: I suggest you try the Omnibar Plus add-on with its organize feature, it does exactly what you suggested.
Для создания своих подборок вам необходимо иметь учётную запись на сайте дополнений Mozilla.