- от Joey Twiddle, 2 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Very useful. I use it to open all new sites at 90% zoom.
But version 14.0 was flickering 90/100% zoom when opening a page.
This was fixed by setting `browser.zoom.siteSpecific` to `false`.
But would it be possible for the addon to pop up a warning about that? So users don't have to go hunting for the solution...
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 2 года назадThe flickering zoom is the result of a bug introduced in Version 14.0.
This problem can be avoided by setting "browser.zoom.siteSpecific" to "false" in Firefox's about:config preferences.
Version 14.1 fixes this bug and has been submitted for review and release (probably will take a few days).
With Version 14.1, setting "browser.zoom.siteSpecific" to "false" is still recommended, but is only necessary for the following features:
- per-tab zoom mode
- per-tab zoom when viewing images
- per-subsite zoom
- от Thaddeus Ballantine, 2 года назадОценено на 5 из 5I didn't know what I was missing until I tried this extension. Any zoom extension without reflowing the page is worthless to me. I'm sure that there is a reason other extension can't do this well. It is probably difficult.
- от Пользователь Firefox 14976120, 2 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Works great on Firefox 66.0.2. Fixed problem I was having with display of drudgereport.com. Its one of those extensions that once you get it you realize what you were missing. Well done with all the right options for me.
- от batagy, 2 года назадОценено на 5 из 5Excellent must have addon. But it has an issue. The addon is conflicting with following Firefox setting : 'browser.tabs.remote.autostart' . This setting is to configure single or multi threading. If value FALSE, In Firefox 66.0.5 the addon is not active. In earlier Firefox releases, with FALSE value, no pages were loading after Firefox startup when Zoom Page WE was enabled.
- от Kirk M, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5I installed Zoom Page WE when NoSquint stopped working long ago and was never updated. All good so far with one exception. It slows Firefox from loading the Facebook News feed, posts, pages, etc by several seconds (blank page page for 5 to 7 seconds then Facebook finally loads). Disable the extension and Facebook loads almost instantly.
This happens whether the FB page is zoomed (via the extension) greater than 100% or not. It still happens when page zoom is 100%.
Also, Firefox will post a warning banner at the top of the page that states that Zoom Page WE is slowing the loading of the page (Facebook only) with the option of temporarily disabling the extension for the particular page.
NOTE: This does not happen when the extension is disabled and the normal Firefox zoom feature is used (which obviously doesn't have the features that your extension does).
Other sites do not appear to be affected or at least it's not really noticeable.
UPDATE: Response to developer:
You're suggestions fixed the Facebook loading problems. I checked both Minimum Font Size and Dynamic Content. The former was set to 14px (I set it 14px in the beginning) and the latter was checked (don't recall doing so but...). I set Minimum Font size to blank (0px) and unchecked Dynamic Content. This pretty much solved the problem with Facebook. I use either Text Zoom or Full Page Zoom depending on the site in question. Currently I have Text only zoom set for Facebook but the affect is negligible by itself. Thank you very much for your response.
Note: Apparently there's no way in these extension review comments sections to reply to a developer's response or any other person's comment for that matter. In fact, it seems I can only post one comment, my initial review, which is why I'm updating my original review.
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 3 года назадAre you using Text Zoom or Minimum Font Size? These features require quite a lot of processing, especially on some complex pages. You can avoid most of this processing by disabling the ‘Apply to dynamic content (better but slower)’ option.
- от Raiden, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5I removed this (what used to be an) extremely useful addon and replaced it with another. This because something happened very recently that made this addon incompatible with Firefox -- introducing a new bug into the system.
Browser Image viewing is now broken for the last few days. This addon creates a conflict with Firefox's image scaling feature when looking at pictures (when the image's URL is directly loaded and displayed). Now when you do that and then simply click on the image in order to zoom on it -- that function no longer works (as long as this addon Zoom Page WE is enabled). The image is not properly enlarged and clicking on the enlarged image can no longer result in moving the image to scroll up (in order to see the upper areas of the image). That is no longer possible. Only the middle and lower parts of the enlarged image come into view. The scrolling is fully defect and parts of the image are permanently hidden/scrolled up and out of the field of view of my Windows laptop.
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 3 года назадThanks for replying. Another user who reported this problem has confirmed that it is fixed in version 13.6.
Please can you provide the following information:
• Which version of Firefox are you using?
• Do you have any other zoom-related add-ons installed?
• Please provide a link to a URL where this problem happens.
Please email answers to: email@example.com
- от Пользователь Firefox 14632146, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5If your are having problems with viewing webpages then then this is the add-on for you, these options in this add-on should be as standard in Firefox.
- от Robert Phair, 3 года назадОценено на 5 из 5I was afraid to move from Firefox ESR for a year because the old "Zoom Page" was one of my favourite extensions. Via email support the developer personally helped my configure the behaviour of the new extension exactly as the old one (particularly with respect to image scaling), with a couple of prompt, attentive and well-written messages. I wish my some of my professional providers would give such quality and support as I've gotten from this free extension.