Отзывы на PocketTube: Youtube Subscription Manager
PocketTube: Youtube Subscription Manager от Dima Nabok
Отзывы Пользователь Firefox 17690507
Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 17690507, 4 месяца назад
Was randomly subscribed to channels that look like they paid for subscribers.
What? It is not possible, my extension can't be able to subscribe you to the channel. I have been developing it for over 5 years. The extension has Recommended label and over 200K users in Chrome, and no one put the sort of comment. Why did you do it?
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 16641094, 12 дней назадAfter I started using this extension the channel unsubscribe button
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 12 дней назадIt's not related to my extension, I can't reproduce it. Try to disable other extensions, I think there is a conflict with something.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Dizz, месяц назадSync data with Google Drive feature not working as it should be recently, it keep logout automatically without any sign so I have to keep redo the sync steps.
I reinstalled PocketTube addon yesterday like 20+ hours ago, import backup json file and enable Sync data with Google Drive again.
It works for now.
If the problem still happens, I will update information in this post.
Still happens but less frequent, it happens like 3~5 times a day now happens once a day. But still don't know why it happens.It's weird. Try to disable other extensions; maybe there is a conflict with something. Also, maybe some firefox settings can apply on sync, but I'm not sure.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Reborn, месяц назадEvery this is good but the "mark as viewed" function annoyed me. It make me hard to click when i wanna save the vidieo. Hope dev can make a option to turn it off
- Оценено на 3 из 5от Tom, месяц назадThe idea is great, but the actual functioning is poor because it breaks some behaviors in YouTube and I had to uninstall this extension because of it.
1. When doing a search, the results page sometimes gets stuck refreshing the results, basically the results are caught in a loop of refreshing over and over so you can't click on anything.
2. When scrolling videos, YouTube uses lazy loading, but with this extension enabled, the videos do not load and it's just blank, therefore video results beyond the page break fail to load.
3. There are glitches when loading your main subscription feed page, things like shorts showing up then disappearing, despite what option you have selected. In my usage, I have shorts disabled, however they continue to show up sometimes on page loads.
4. The actual loading time of pages on YouTube is noticeably slower, this is most likely due to this extension using additional resources and causing it to lag.
5. Not the extensions fault but a byproduct is this will make your YouTube mobile app experience worse because your subscriptions are now all together, so if you use this extension to subscribe and be able to organize them where you wouldn't otherwise subscribe, then your lists are useless on mobile.
6. I don't appreciate the advertising for your extension upgrades. Yes, we understand you'd like to make revenue but let users show/hide these options and once they make their choice do not advertise this again. IF users want to upgrade, they can do so later on their own terms.
Again, it's a good idea but hopefully YouTube will adopt collections natively (as they have done beta testing with select users) and this will then be able to be used on your account across all platforms and devices.
The main feature I use is the subscription categories and the ability to hide shorts, once YouTube adopts this it will be great. Hopefully this extension will inspire YouTube to release collections to all users and feed options such as hiding shorts.1-2. I can't reproduce it. Try to disable other extensions, I think you have a conflict with something.
3. It's expected behavior because it uploads all pages and next hides videos by filters. If you want to use it without disappearing(seamless experience), you should use feed mode https://youtu.be/r4iX53Qg2sE?t=233
4. It takes some time, but it's insignificant, and no one complains. Again I think it's related to conflict with something another extension.
5. It doesn't make it worse because PocketTube has Android and iOS, you can find it in the official store.
6. I want my users to know about every extension upgrade, what it's, and how to use it. I'm not going to make a useless update that no one use. It's part of the extension, and every update has free options. Also, you have a close button, so why not close it and just a little appreciate the work behind the extension? But it's really stupid to use my extension and don't see special videos for updates. Every update takes time to implement and produce tutorial videos.
PocketTube is not only about the collection. It has a bunch of different functions like Deck, filters, sorts, mark as watched, and more which you can on my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/@PocketTubeHQ/videos
I have been developing the extension for over 6 years and would say unfortunately only ads revenue inspires YouTube to implement features.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Myruu, месяц назадBehaves like malware, inserting ads into the Youtube page.
Edit: If you don't want this kind of comment, you shouldn't have included malware in the extension.
Edit2: Yes, I think your extension is malware. It inserted an ad for another extension (probably also malware) into my subscriptions page. That is not okay. Looking through the reviews, I see a few others are pointing this out as well. You are distributing malware.What? The extension has Recommended label and over 200K users in Chrome, and no one put the sort of comment.
Edit: you blame without any proof. Or do you think my extension with Recommended label on firefox has malware? Every updates of Recommended extension check by Firefox team manually: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/recommended-extensions-program
Edit2: What is another extension? Pockettube: Youtube Playlist Manager is my extension for managing playlists. It's part of the PocketTube ecosystem to improve the YouTube experience I would suggest going to read what means malware https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malware I'm still waiting for proof.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Tyler12970, месяц назадFebruary 20, 2023 - 5 stars! 🙂
Firefox 110.0 (64-bit Windows 11)
Organizing my YouTube subscriptions took a lot of work. I'm subscribed to around 700 channels and this extension is worth the hassle.
Combining PocketTube with ImprovedTube, Unhook, Return YouTube Dislike, and 7ktTube* has been an eye-opening experience! The website still runs smoothly after a refresh or two after I changed my settings.
*I originally used YouTube Redux and it was very slow on Firefox. On Chromium browsers, it constantly refreshed for every install/configuration. When I hovered over the top-left menu, the refreshing keeps on going.Thanks so much! So glad PocketTube has been helpful for you, and really appreciate this awesome feedback!
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 12208747, 2 месяца назадSimply amazing! If you are a heavy Youtube user, you need this addon. Youtube should hire these guys to redo their UI. And they just keep adding more useful features with each update.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Mtes, 2 месяца назадVery nice extension, I've been using it for a long time.
EDIT: you must be right about the conflict, though it was quite popular extension – Enhancer for Youtube. By disabling either one, there were no problems. Later I clean installed both, reconfigured and it seems to be working ok now. Thank you.
ARCHIVE: The last update must have broken it. On any video page the tab starts hogging system resources – ~30% CPU for me, and gradually filling RAM (all 32GB of it for me) till the browser crashes. Also constant 2 MB/s per tab traffic even if the video is paused. When I remove the extension, YouTube works as expected.
Ответ разработчикаразмещено 2 месяца назадIt is not reproducible and not related to the latest update. I think you have a conflict with another extension; try to make a reverse, disable other extensions and stay only PocketTube. I don't have another requests similar to it, so it seems you have a conflict with low-user extension.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 12993026, 3 месяца назадI can not thank you enough, when youtube deleted the collection feature, youtube became a nightmare for me.
And now i can finally watch what i want again. Thank you very much.
- Оценено на 3 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 12289659, 3 месяца назадReally liked the extension when it was working, unfortunately it hasn't worked for 1-2 weeks now. Subscription groups not present in the sidebar anymore, so no way to access my subscriptions :(
EDIT: Turns out it is not compatible with the Unhook Extension :( that is really a shame
I really liked the "Deck" feature, so decided to pay for the full version, unfortunately the playlists are not working as i had hoped, I am not able to show a group of playlists in the DeckTry to disable other extensions. I can't reproduce the behavior, it is working. Also, check Firefox and the extension version. You should use the latest version.
UPD: You should notify developer Unhook about it. I can't change it on my side.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от InPinkClover, 3 месяца назадThis extension should be part of YouTube, seriously, I won't use YT without it. Being able to organize subscriptions the way *I* want to is critical. Thank you!Thanks! So glad PocketTube has been helpful for you, and really appreciate this awesome feedback!
- Оценено на 1 из 5от aa357, 3 месяца назадPuts ads for videos on his YouTube channel
edit: No it is not YouTube ads, stop lying all the time. It's an ad to YOUR video on YOUR channel. Want me to link a video as proof?It is not ads, it is a notification on tutorial videos about the extension on the official YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/@PocketTubeHQ/videos which you can see in the extension description too. I have been developing it for over 5 years. The extension has Recommended label and over 200K users in Chrome, and no one put the sort of comment. I'm making tutorial videos on every update, it is a lot of work, and my users are happy with it because they know about updates and how exactly its use.
- Оценено на 5 из 5от Pedro, 3 месяца назадWorks great! Youtube recomendations is full of low quality content nowadays for me. With this extension I can organize my watchlist by category, and bypass the YouTube algorithm to watch the creators I want in any of the categories that I have set (Science, History, Vlogs, News, Tech etc) without the need to subscribe. Depending on my mood at the moment I can find videos from channels that I trust easily. Love it.Thanks! So glad PocketTube has been helpful for you, and really appreciate this awesome feedback!
- Оценено на 4 из 5от Ahmed, 4 месяца назадWould be great if can just make playlist from current notification enabled channels (rather than having to add to a list and then make playlist from that). Because I don't always view the playlist from computer but I do like this feature to make a playlist from channels.
- Оценено на 4 из 5от utkarshgupta137, 4 месяца назадI face 2 bugs:
- I use an extension (tried 2, same with both) to reload the YouTube tab in the background every 15 minutes, but whenever it reloads in the background, PocketTube doesn't load
- When scrolling on the subscriptions page, the watched/shorts filters are not applied to the last set of videos that have loaded.
Also, while this extension is amazing, I think it is priced quite high (1/4th of YouTube premium itself), especially in India. I would consider buying this extension if there was a lifetime license or at least 3-5 year license for a decent price.1) It is expected behavior because this reloads in the background without user control.
2) It is related to the latest YouTube updates and will be fixed in the next version.
All basics are free. You can see it in the full tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4iX53Qg2sE If you need more, become my supporter. It takes time to update the extension every time Youtube changes internally. A lifetime license is not an option.
- Оценено на 3 из 5от pogg4213, 4 месяца назадgreat when it works, breaks often (broken currently)I can't reproduce it. What is broken? Maybe you have a conflict with other extensions, try to disable it.